pixeltracker

Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars

Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars

Not Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
#1Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/6/08 at 9:08pm

Adams will sing "Happy Working Song", Chenoweth will sing "That's How You Know", and McLaughlin will sing "So Close".

PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#2re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/6/08 at 9:14pm

Yay! I'm so excited! Go ENCHANTED!!!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#2re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/6/08 at 9:32pm

I'm always happy to see Kristin! re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#3re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/6/08 at 9:38pm

Oh, fantastic! I'm so excited to see Amy sing Happy Working Song live, and the other songs will be great, too.

roseaddams Profile Photo
roseaddams
#4re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/6/08 at 9:50pm

I wish Amy Adams was singing "That's How You Know", though.

"You mean what was the best picture of the year or what did they pick as the best picture of the year?" - California Suite

Christina  Cooper Profile Photo
Christina Cooper
#5re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/6/08 at 9:53pm

why is cheno singing for Enchanted when she wasnt even in enchanted??? Im confused

"It's terrible to have a house fall on you, it is, but accidents will happen"

Pianist3912
Pianist3912
#7re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/6/08 at 9:58pm

^ I honestly don't care, and I can see Kristin rocking the song already.

I'm really excited now!

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#8re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/6/08 at 10:01pm

Yes! I've wanted to see Kristin break out into a full version of "That's How You Know" in an episode of Pushing Daisies since I originally heard it, so this is like a dream come (somewhat) true.

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#9re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/6/08 at 10:08pm

Very nice...I do hope a song from the movie gets the Oscar. Thanks for sharing.

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#10re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/6/08 at 10:10pm

Glad for all three of them!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#11re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/6/08 at 10:13pm

I'm sort of confused. Considering that people couldn't understand why someone would put Idina in the movie without giving her a song, why wouldn't they have given her one of the songs to perform at the Oscars?

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

BustopherPhantom Profile Photo
BustopherPhantom
#12re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/6/08 at 10:15pm

That's... awesome...

"Y'know, I think Bertolt Brecht was rolling in his grave."
-Nellie McKay on the 2006 Broadway production of The Threepenny Opera, in which she played Polly Peachum

nickip Profile Photo
nickip
#13re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/6/08 at 10:19pm

Source? This souds odd, but great none the less! I hope they have a fully chorus with Kristin! How fun would that be?

-Nick

Not Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
#14re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/6/08 at 10:21pm

Well, nit pick, maybe you should just have a little faith in your fellow man.

PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#15re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/6/08 at 10:52pm

"I'm sort of confused. Considering that people couldn't understand why someone would put Idina in the movie without giving her a song, why wouldn't they have given her one of the songs to perform at the Oscars?"

The same reason they had Beyonce sing "Learn to be Lonely" instead of Minnie Driver. Bigger name. Most people outside of the theatre community still don't really know Idina. Kristin's done more "mainstream" stuff and she's more of a name outside of the theatre community. Idina isn't yet but her role in Enchanted is a step in the direction of becoming more "mainstream".

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#16re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/6/08 at 11:53pm

Well, to be fair, Menken and Schwartz did write a song for Idina's character that eventually had to be cut. So originally she was slated to sing in the film. Having said that, it is great that she doesn't have to rely on her musical talents to be in a film.
I am disappointed Adams won't be performing "That's How You Know," but I am quite glad she is performing at all.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Parks
#17re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/7/08 at 12:09am

Yay for all of them! So Close is a beautiful song. I saw him open for Kelly Clarkson back in November. Didn't know he was in Enchanted until about a week after I saw it back in December!

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

#1Fanzel
#18re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/16/08 at 4:00pm

I TOTALLY agree! I still don't understand why they took out Idina's song in the movie! She is the only one in that movie who's actually and accomplished singer! Still, I'm gald that Cheno will be singing there!

nitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
#19re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/16/08 at 4:02pm

I knew we should've seen Kelly's last concert!

"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#20re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/16/08 at 5:57pm

Kristin? Sorry, that's just odd to me.

Jon
#21re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/16/08 at 7:55pm

Excuse me, but who is "McLaughlin"???

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#22re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/16/08 at 8:34pm

So Idina who was actually in Enchanted and has a major studio album that she is trying to promote will NOT get the opportunity to perform for the 1 billion audience members that watch the Oscars worldwide...but her former co-star with ostensibly no ties to the movie (except for Stephen Schwartz)will. To make matters worse, she sang on the soundtrack to Beowulf with the hopes, I'm sure, that it would get a nomination so that she could sing at the Oscars.

I'm sure she's amused by the irony of that situation...or more likely spitting nails.

Updated On: 2/16/08 at 08:34 PM

TonyaFanatic Profile Photo
TonyaFanatic
#23re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/16/08 at 10:19pm

Man....**** Idina Menzel

"Girl, this cupcake is the jumpoff"- Adriane Lenox

mlsheehan Profile Photo
mlsheehan
#24re: Adams, Chenoweth, and McLaughlin to Perform Enchanted @ Oscars
Posted: 2/16/08 at 11:24pm

Thanks Jon.