"Angels"

bsherms
#1"Angels"
Posted: 3/11/08 at 6:24pm

If anyone has been on playbill searching through the jobs wanted thing, you have probably noticed the new up-and-coming musical.

My curiosity is threatening to engulf me. What does everyone think of this potentially incredible/horrific musical?
"Angel's" homepage

husk_charmer
#2re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/11/08 at 6:31pm

I want the picture book.

And the concept album.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#2re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/11/08 at 9:37pm

Oh, wow. All that gold trim on the website...brought to us by our friends at Trinity Broadcasting Network.

Hallelujah!

stagescreen Profile Photo
stagescreen
#3re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/11/08 at 11:11pm

and it's a two-disc affair!

<---- You can see the crazy in her eyes. ;-)

RyToast1
#4re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/11/08 at 11:15pm

OH. MY. GOD!

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#5re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/11/08 at 11:49pm

If this is the same Angels that had an exploratory staging as a sidebar to NYMF a couple years ago and gave away free tickets at the Duke on 42nd Street, then I can confirm without question that it's one of the most embarrassingly awful things I've seen since coming to New York. Although I do remember there being a lot of high power belting.

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#6re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/12/08 at 2:16am

Oh my, looks really...interesting to say the least. Take a look at the concept flying video.....questionable...very questionable

husk_charmer
#7re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/12/08 at 2:20am

I really want to get this concept album. A 2-Disc fiasco? I am *So* there.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#8re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/12/08 at 7:57am

I want my life back from the 2 album set...they sent it to my house for something and it was terrible. I also had 2 friends in the cast who said people involved were nuts and treated them really poor.

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#9re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/12/08 at 11:40am

I have the concept album and have never listened to it. This thread is sure making me want to put it on....

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#10re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/12/08 at 12:46pm

OMFG! It sounds deliciously terrible! I am so there if it ever comes to NYC!

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#11re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/12/08 at 5:28pm

Looks like a delicious mess.

diva19
#12re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/30/08 at 5:29pm

A few of my friends were seen at the EPAs, they saw some non-eq people. Am I the only person who likes the songs on the website? Very Disney, but I like that.

FIERCEY516
#13re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/30/08 at 6:05pm

it's interesting... to say the least

I wonder if it would actually be successful with a new set of writers (and new score!) and executed differently? the concept, if anything, would be interesting to explore.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#14re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/30/08 at 7:25pm

it looks visually interesting, but I'm still not sure about the music yet...

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

fiyerowhereareyou2 Profile Photo
fiyerowhereareyou2
#15re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/30/08 at 7:27pm

sounds great to me!!!!!!!

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#16re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/30/08 at 7:28pm

I do like the artwork too

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

bsherms
#17re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/30/08 at 8:23pm

I was wondering the same thing, Fiercey. They all seem to think it's an amazingly big deal. I cringe in sympathy for the moment when they realize it's not.

But who knows. Maybe they'll completely rewrite everything and make it awesome.

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#18re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/30/08 at 8:53pm

The buzz is that it is going to happen no matter how bad it is. The money(and apparantly there is a lot of it)is already in place. The people behind it (australians i believe) are gung-ho about it coming to Broadway. The auditions the other day had the entire creative team behind the table. At one point there were 12 people in the room.

Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#19re: 'Angels'
Posted: 3/30/08 at 8:59pm

I do love the idea behind the show, and after listening to the music a little more I really don't care for it, but I definitely agree it should be explored more. And I hope changes are made before the show hits Broadway. Hopefully this does not turn into the next Pirate Queen.

Videos