News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?

Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#1Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 4:12pm

I may have time for a matinee on my April trip and I would like to see Spamalot (On my one free evening I decided to see In The Heights). Since, I wouldn't mind missing Clay and I am sure his fans would appreciate the seats I'd occupy more, I was wondering if there are some performances that he doesn't do. Plus, I guess it would be easier to get tix for those, too !

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 4:15pm

I think he does them all, but really, just watch the Monty Python movies and see something else.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#2re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 4:17pm

"Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?"

Yes, good ones.

*rimshot*

Greekmusicalfan
#3re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 4:21pm

emcee baby, there's NOTHING else I want to see, I'm already seeing 16 shows LOLOLOL

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#4re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 4:22pm

My bad. This is what I read instead as the headline:

Are there certain performers of SPAMALOT that Clay Aiken does NOT do?

I was going to rattle off a list of performers who won't DO Clay Aiken. re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#5re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 4:24pm

For real? Nothing? Aw, come on. re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ? (I'm glad you decided to see ITH, though.)

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Greekmusicalfan
#6re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 4:29pm

Well nothing that I would prefer more to Spamalot, anyway ! I've "seen" (coughes) many bits of Spamalot and enjoyed them a lot, so I'd love to see it live !

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#7re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 4:49pm

If you want to see Spamalot - go for it.

As far as I know, Clay does all performances, but I wouldn't let him being there stop you from seeing the show if you want to go.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#8re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 4:55pm

TonyV. you took my joke!

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#9re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 6:53pm

Are you seeing the new Off-Broadway musical "Adding Machine" at the Minetta Lane? I've heard it's supposed to be phenomenal!

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Updated On: 3/28/08 at 06:53 PM

Greekmusicalfan
#10re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 7:43pm

Interesting ! I don't have any Off-Broadway shows planned on this trip, but I'll have to check out what your suggestion is all about ! Thank you !

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#11re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 7:47pm

Greekmusicalfan, that's 16 shows stretched out in how many days?
Updated On: 3/28/08 at 07:47 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#12re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 7:49pm

No clue, but I'm glad you decided to see In the Heights.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

My_Candle Profile Photo
My_Candle
#13re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 8:14pm

Clay missed one show from illness. Last weekend he performed all his shows in spite of an injured hip. So you are out of luck and should probably pick another show. Besides, it's been pretty sold out lately and you might get stuck with a partial view seat.

Greekmusicalfan
#14re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 8:16pm

16 days !!! I already have a Wednesday double-bill with AUGUST and HAIRSPRAY ! I am definitely an addict since I want MORE !!!!
And I'm gonna try Lottery on a Tuesday for In the Heights, anyone will be around and wanna help ? re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
And I'll see Spamalot ONLY if I score very good seats !
Updated On: 3/28/08 at 08:16 PM

My_Candle Profile Photo
My_Candle
#15re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 8:38pm

Let me add one thing about Spamalot, Greekmusicalfan. I have seen the show and the cast is fantastic, top to bottom. Unfortunately, Chris Seiber is gone, so I can't speak to his replacement. But Tom Deckman is an absolute riot, Rick Holmes does an amazing French Taunter as well as his Lancelot role, and the LOTL is gorgeous and has an amazing voice. Clay plays the role of Sir Robin quite differently from DHP, in case you have seen any of those bootlegs. But IMO it is just as credible a performance, and possibly more in keeping with the original vision of Sir Robin.

Greekmusicalfan
#16re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 11:07pm

I gave in ! I was doing a search on availability and 2 WONDERFUL seats came up for a Sunday matinee, Row K dead center orchestra !! My credit card was out before I knew it ! I don't have a problem with Clay per se, I don't know his work or his talent and if he is great I'll gladly applaud and cheer for him ! It's just his fans I detest, that's why I'd prefer a perfomance without him ! From what I saw here, they are mean, obsessed, rude and downright psycho ! I am sure not ALL of them are like that, but from what I saw here, his fanatics do a lot of harm to him, because they reflect negatively for the poor guy to those of no opinion for him, like me !

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#17re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 11:12pm

It's just his fans I detest, that's why I'd prefer a perfomance without him ! From what I saw here, they are mean, obsessed, rude and downright psycho !

^^^^ I agree with you on that. "IF" I ever revisits Spamalot. I might NOT do a 10/10 Report bec. I dont want my hard work getting deleted bec. of these RABID fans! Can you imagine the drama.. Its hard to argue with teenagers ! I would prefer a bitter old queens ANYTIME than these rabid teenagers fans who you CANNOT REASON with!

J*

Updated On: 3/28/08 at 11:12 PM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#18re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 11:14pm

Clay is actually pretty good. I was happy with his performance. I guess you will just have to see what happens when you go. Maybe he won't be at your performance for some reason or another. And yes, you just have to ignore his psycho fans. Not all are like that obviously, but the real die hard fans left the night I went to the stage door because he wasn't coming out. Way to not like the rest of the cast who were amazing too. Heck, some were even more amazing than him.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Greekmusicalfan
#19re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 11:16pm

Another thing that worries me a bit, is if they start SCREAMING and YELLING every time he appears, thus drowning the action in every scene he is in ! Because it's obvious they have no idea of theater etiquette (or theater in general)!

Cartwheel
#20re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/28/08 at 11:25pm

On second thought, I will pretend to buy the civilized act. For now.

Updated On: 3/28/08 at 11:25 PM

Cartwheel
Greekmusicalfan
#22re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/29/08 at 12:15am

Okay, let me TRY to make you understand ! I know it will be almost impossible, but still... I didn't "trash" him. I stated something completely subjective (that I find him ugly) and something undeniably a fact (That he has absolutely no success outside the US) I NEVER spoke about his voice or his talent, beacuse I DON'T KNOW about them ! I've been a member of this board for ages and I consider most people here my friends ! So most people know, that I always RESPECT everyone's opinion and I DEMAND for mine to be respected ! You think he is GOD, good for you, did I tell you not to ? Why can't I think whatever I want, without being attaked and called names ? That's the problem with all you obsessed people, ther is only ONE opinion, yours !
Really, can't you understand how harmful you are to the guy ? Of course not, because that requires logic ! Even if I see him and find him incredible, I probably won't dare to say it, out of fear of being associated with the psychos !
Thankful ?? You are not supposed to be ANYTHING to me, I don't care about you, your opinion or your feelings at all, honey ! Why don't you do the same for me and move on ? You have every right to commit suicide for Clay if you want and I have every right to not give a damn about him ! Once you start respecting others, you will also start to respect yourself !
Isn't it tiring being in a Broadway board and waiting for hours until a post that mentions Clay appears, so you can react ? Why don't you use that time constructively and broaden your limited horizons, learning a bit more about theater ! Who knows, maybe you'll be a better person, that Clay would be proud to have a fan ! Because right now, no matter what he says because he has to sell tickets and albums, I am sure he is ashamed and terrified of people like you !
I'm done, no matter what you say, I will follow the majority here and never answer to one of your posts again !

Updated On: 3/29/08 at 12:15 AM

My_Candle Profile Photo
My_Candle
#23re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/29/08 at 12:25am

"That he has absolutely no success outside the US"

It's pretty hard for him to have success outside the US when he has never been marketed anywhere. He does have a 15,000 member fan club in Korea, where one of his songs was used for a camera commercial years ago. He had fans in Hong Kong and Taiwan because his first album in 2003 was marketed there. That's about it. It's pretty difficult to achieve success without the support of your label, which he rarely has.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#24re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
Posted: 3/29/08 at 1:15am

Then why did Cartwheel deny that fact in another thread and insult Greek for stating it?

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Videos