pixeltracker

A CHORUS LINE to close August 17- Page 2

A CHORUS LINE to close August 17

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#25re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 7:35pm

Not surprised.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#26re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 7:47pm

Disappointing and a bit of a surprise. It was one of my favorite shows on Broadway.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#27re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 7:49pm

Its a shame but it had a good run.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#28re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 8:02pm

Wasn't most of the original cast supposed to leave in the end of July? Will they all stay on until the end now?

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#29re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 8:03pm

Never saw that coming, how long did it run for this time?

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#30re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 8:22pm

They had a nice run. I hope it won't be another 15+ years before this masterpiece comes back to Broadway though.

Zeitoujo
#31re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 8:22pm

OMG MY FAVORITE SHOW OF ALL TIME IS CLOSING =[

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#32re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 8:25pm

It is a great show, it had a healthy run and I am very glad I got to see it in April, thankfully just before Mario arrived ! Farewell ACL
Updated On: 6/3/08 at 08:25 PM

musicandtemiror
#33re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 8:34pm

Im really shocked!
I can't believe it
It was really fast

I saw it last September and loved every minute of it.
Can't wait to see the tour.
Hope this extends like Rent

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#34re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 8:36pm

It had a good run, and deservedly so.

Admittedly, I always looked to this revival as "just sitting there" y'know? I mean NO ill will toward ANYONE involved, but for me, it was just 'filler'. Congratulations are DEFINITELY in order for a one heckova run! Recouping in 19 weeks!? That's quite a feat and deserves recognition in itself.

Now, I'm hoping the Schoenfeld is snapped-up by a new show!

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#35re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 8:40pm

This is pretty surprising. Since it recouped its investment, I thought it would run for much longer. Was it possibly pushed out by another show that wants the theatre?

broadwayrob
#36re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 8:40pm

My stomach just went into my throat.

I'm really hoping the best for all of the cast/creatives that really gave this show their all.

I agree with the poster who said that I wasn't alive for the beginnings of the first opening run. And also to echo the fact that when I saw this in July, there simply was nothing that I had seen previously that moved me like this show.

Jess Goldyn, Charlotte, Deidre, Jeff, and everyone else who was part of this wonderful show, please keep doing "what you did for love"

anything you do let it come from you and it will be new.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#37re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 8:41pm

Saw the revival three times and really enjoyed it. I'm kind of surprised they just don't run through Labor Day though.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#38re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 8:42pm

I have a feeling it will extend two weeks (through Labor Day).

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#39re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 8:46pm

Sad

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#40re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 8:48pm

I had heard that the show wasn't really doing well but I hoped that sales would pick up this summer. This is definitely my favorite show and I'm glad I saw it more than a few times. Still really bummed that Mario Lopez will now be the final Zach.

#41re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 9:22pm

I am also surprised. Though I heard it wasn't doing that great, I didn't realize it was this dire.

They should bring back Michael Berresse for the end re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17 although they haven't

BNN
#42re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 9:24pm

They should keep it open just as a service to the public.

Tick Tock

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#43re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 9:39pm

I wonder if we'll ever see that documentary of the show that was being done? I think it was due out for release about now.

seaweedjstubbs Profile Photo
seaweedjstubbs
#44re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 9:51pm

Awwwwww........this is sad. I'm currently in rehearsals for a production of ACL this fall. It is truly unlike any other musical I've ever been in. I'm sad to see this production go away. We're supposed to be working with Charlotte D'Ambroise during rehearsals. I hope this doesn't effect anything. Good luck to the rest of the cast and congratulations on a great run!

broadwayrob
#45re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 10:01pm

Just got my tickets...

sad.

anything you do let it come from you and it will be new.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#46re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 10:06pm

Wishing them a great rest of their run!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#47re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 10:08pm

Maybe someone will allow a upadated version of the show to be done. I know it totally crapped with RENT REMIX but it may be a neat idea....

Like what they are going to do w/ west side story.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

xOnMyOwnX
#48re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 10:18pm

How sad. I really need to see it again before it closes. I saw it for the first time when the revival first started (I wasn't alive during the original production) and I didn't really appreciate it. But recently I've been listening to the OBC and I realized how powerful a show it truly is.

Also, does this mean that Mario will be the last Zach? (*groans*)

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#49re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
Posted: 6/3/08 at 10:54pm

The show had a great run. It was a real treat for so many new fans to experience such a legendary part of theatrical history.

My guess is 9 TO 5 will take The Schoenfeld (since the producers first choice, The Hirschfeld, is booked.)

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.