pixeltracker

I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...- Page 2

I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...

skb2010 Profile Photo
skb2010
#25re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/3/08 at 10:52pm

Young Frankenstein
Wicked
Legally Blonde (sometimes)
Mary Poppins
POTO
Jekyll and Hyde
Evita

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I? I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

JeaniusIsMe Profile Photo
JeaniusIsMe
#26re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/3/08 at 10:53pm

I absolutely love Mary Poppins. Wanted to hate it, but absolutely loved it.

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#27re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/3/08 at 10:59pm

Young Frankenstein and The Little Mermaid

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#28re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:03pm

The Little Mermaid
Legally Blonde
Aida
Brooklyn

THIS IS REAL LIVING!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

oohshizz146 Profile Photo
oohshizz146
#29re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:09pm

Legally Blonde!!!

"I told you, NO Rodgers and Hammerstein!"- Bart Simpson

george95
#30re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:12pm

This board definitely hates the long-runners---they're all tired, on auto-pilot, the actors just walk through the scenes, etc, but I always disagree and I looooooooove love love loooove

PHANTOM
CHICAGO
RENT

Those are my shows!!

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#31re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:13pm

The Phantom of the Opera
Wicked

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#32re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:16pm

Aida
The Little Mermaid
Wicked
The Woman in White
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

(I'll even confess to disliking a show everyone here adores...I found Sunday in the Park with George to be incredibly boring and dull.)

jerseyboyschick2 Profile Photo
jerseyboyschick2
#33re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:18pm

Oh gosh, I almost forgot to put Rent.

"You will understand that Bww is a forum that allows Theatre people, Fussy old Queens, and chorus boys of Mama Mia to release their everyday life's frustration by being Snarky, B**chy, and sarcastic." -BwayBoundJoe

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#34re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:21pm

no one's said it yet:

Roundabout's revival of The Threepenny Opera

loved it!

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#35re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:24pm

The Little Mermaid
Young Frankenstein
The Woman in White
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

xluckystar2107x Profile Photo
xluckystar2107x
#36re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:31pm

the pirate queen.

Rentheadut Profile Photo
Rentheadut
#37re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/4/08 at 12:00am

I'm surprised no one has put this--maybe I am the only one.

Footloose the musical.

Let's hear it for the boy, indeed.

"The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous." -Carrie Bradshaw

achangeinme Profile Photo
achangeinme
#38re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/4/08 at 12:11am

-All the Disney shows--with the exception of Tarzan. I especially adore B&TB
-One of my all time favorites is Evita. I find myself liking half of ALW's body of work. I'm all for Song&Dance, PotO, Sunset Boulevard, but abhor about everything else with a passion.
-Jane Eyre! I don't know if it generally hated, but I feel like the only person in the world who even knows what it is.

I also can't stand Spring Awakening, which is a show most people seem to love.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#39re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/4/08 at 12:16am

The Pirate Queen
A Catered Affair
All Shook Up
Phantom of the Opera

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#40re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/4/08 at 12:17am

Perhaps I'm wrong for saying this, but I've been seeing EVITA alot and I don't remember it ever being bashed by the critics and for most people on here, it seems like it's the only Lloyd Webber show that is for the most part: liked.

achangeinme Profile Photo
achangeinme
#41re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/4/08 at 12:21am

I can't believe I forgot All Shook Up! The story may not have been brilliant, but the cast was so spirited and energetic you didn't care!

Here I Am Profile Photo
Here I Am
#42re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/4/08 at 12:25am

Aida (although I didn't know it was considered bad to like that)

The Wedding Singer

Brooklyn

The Pirate Queen

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#43re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/4/08 at 12:27am

"I can't believe I forgot All Shook Up! The story may not have been brilliant, but the cast was so spirited and energetic you didn't care!"

I didn't see the OBC but the Musical Theatre West production this winter was ah-mazing.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

fafolguy Profile Photo
fafolguy
#44re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/4/08 at 12:37am

Miss Saigon. It was my first Broadway show ever, and I loved it. The set was amazing, the story tragic, and the performances were wonderful. I don't think I've ever cried so hard in my life!

White, a blank page or canvas. His favorite - so many possibilities. F--- you, Ms. Johnson. Word.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#45re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/4/08 at 12:39am

Miss Saigon was my first show on Broadway also.

viola13
#46re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/4/08 at 12:40am

Rent and Chicago

The White Half-Mask Profile Photo
The White Half-Mask
#47re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/4/08 at 12:59am

The Phantom of the Opera is my favourite musical, & I like a number of Disney shows. I would love to see The Little Mermaid sometime, despite the less-than-enthusiastic reviews.

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#48re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/4/08 at 1:05am

Pirate Queen...

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

eatlasagna
#49re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, I Love...
Posted: 6/4/08 at 1:12am

i didn't love it... but i really liked Cry Baby... i haven't seen the broadway version... i'm referring to the pre-broadway run in La Jolla... don't know how different it is now... but anyways... i liked it... and i'm happy it got its nominations