pixeltracker

Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention

Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention

Dyllun Von Profile Photo
Dyllun Von
#1Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 12:09pm

Yup, Mama Rose discovers YouTube and pleads her case to Cubby...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_hDnAqXiJcY

P.S. - don't miss the very end, trust me.

Updated On: 6/10/08 at 12:09 PM

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#2re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 12:14pm

BEST ONE YET cubby rocks

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#2re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 12:20pm

This is very funny. Xanadu is so smart for doing this! Good for them, I hope they win the Tony!

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#3re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 12:27pm

Oh my god. You did NOT get Patti. I love this campaign.

That video has LuPwnage written all over it!

walkedthroughmany Profile Photo
walkedthroughmany
#4re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 12:28pm

Oh, Patti. Can't wait.

PS - is that Cynthia Nixon at the end? I wouldn't have placed it if the comments hadn't said it. If so...can't wait even more. Updated On: 6/9/08 at 12:28 PM

Ed_Mottershead
#5re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 12:36pm

I know this is probably the wrong board for this comment, but I saw LuPone Saturday matinee and thought it was one of the most amazing performances I've ever seen, anywhere, any place. I'd seen her at Encores! last year and was duly impressed. But Saturday just blew me away -- the change to the end was unbelievable. Where she gets the energy to deliver that performance twice a day is beyond me. I'll always be loyal to the memory of Ethel Merman, but this was from another planet. All musical theatre lovers should see this ASAP -- it's a legendary performance and belongs up there with the very best -- Dewhurst, Caldwell, Ashcroft. Absolutely SUPERB -- the theatre, musical or otherwise, doesn't get any better than this. BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BroadwayEd
Updated On: 6/9/08 at 12:36 PM

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#6re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 12:54pm

my gosh am i really the only person who finds the who cubby bernstein thing incredibly unhumorous?

Well Patti was the best part of the episode. I'm suprised she agreed to film it though.

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#7re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 12:58pm

I agree with everything you said, Mealz.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#8re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 1:02pm

Cubby Bernstein is meant to be funny. Hopefully, his efforts will be rewarded on Tony nite. I'm surprised that some people fail to see the humor in all of the episodes. Go figure. from RC in Austin, Texas.... headed to the Big Apple tomorrow.
(Gypsy): June 10th
(Xanadu): June 11th (8 p.m.)
(A Chorus Line): June 12th

Say Hi! YES IT CAN!! from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

heathurrr
#9re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 1:03pm

Ah, and here I was thinking the Nathan Lane video couldn't be topped! I'm hooked on Cubby.
(sidenote - nice to see my fave Sondheim bio making a cameo!)

"As we all should probably have learned by now, to be a Stephen Sondheim fan is to have one's heart broken at regular intervals" - Frank Rich

Dearest, how can this be so? You were dead, you know. - Candide

Oh my god, this show has everything! Half naked guys and girl on girl action! - [title of show]

(My avatar? Why, yes! That is Laura Benanti making out with a chick!)

into_the_woods2 Profile Photo
into_the_woods2
#10re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 1:10pm

HILARIOUS

"The good news is I have an excellent Tony speech. The bad news is I've had it for forty-five years."-Elaine Stritch

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#11re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 1:13pm

I love all of Cubby's videos, and this one is the best by far. and I definitely didn't think they could top Nathan Lane and all those naked boys. Patti's such a good sport for playing with the Xanadu team.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

RyToast1
#12re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 1:17pm

So is Patti endorsing Xanadu for Best Musical?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
H.Higgins Profile Photo
H.Higgins
#14re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 1:31pm

"Cubby Bernstein...Stine?...Stein."
"They'll have the whole world on a...well, you know!"
"I'll give you an eggroll, Mr. Bernstein."

LOVE it. That was really cute.

Sidenote: Ms. LuPone may be the oldest actress to play Rose on Broadway, but this clip was another reminder of how young she looks. She sure doesn't look like a "Grandma Rose" to me.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#15re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 1:34pm

Cubby gets 400,000 views!

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

broadwayboy101
#16re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 1:38pm

So it WAS Cynthia Nixon. Thought it looked like her...

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#17re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 1:42pm

Yeah Patti!! Not as funny as the previous video, but that one may just prove to be impossible to top.

Humbert
#18re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 2:17pm

yes, I think all these people are endorsing XANADU by being involved. 'Cause they know what's up - re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#19re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 3:03pm

I still find Cubby himself grotesque and repulsive and unfunny, but with the participation of Nathan and Cheyenne and Annie and Patti, the campaign has become witty.

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#20re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 3:06pm

Episode #7 is the best one so far! I was laughing out loud for a while after viewing it this morning. Rose is gonna getcha Cubby!

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

elphiesmagic
#21re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 3:07pm

I agree, PalJoey. Not only is the character everything you describe, his acting skills are non-existent.

Brian had sex, with a really dumb girl, now he's taking his friend Stewie, to get some ice cream, in his car.

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#22re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 3:13pm

Hillarious! And is it just me, or does Patti look a little bit like Judy Kaye in that video? Maybe it's the hair? I don't know, I thought I saw a similarity.

heathurrr
#23re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 3:16pm

Dyllun,
When is part two going to be out?

"As we all should probably have learned by now, to be a Stephen Sondheim fan is to have one's heart broken at regular intervals" - Frank Rich

Dearest, how can this be so? You were dead, you know. - Candide

Oh my god, this show has everything! Half naked guys and girl on girl action! - [title of show]

(My avatar? Why, yes! That is Laura Benanti making out with a chick!)

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#24re: Latest: Patti LuPone Competes for Cubby's Attention
Posted: 6/9/08 at 3:20pm

um just a little note

'Dear Tony Gods: Jenna Russell for the win. Come on."

if your gonna ask for such things, maybe u should change your icon.

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)