pixeltracker

LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!- Page 2

LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!

Yawper
#25re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 3:33am

I love this photo. She looks happy and fantastic.
Liza

Antisocialite Profile Photo
Antisocialite
#26re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 3:37am

When has Liza not been a hot mess?
Also, as stated five million times, bitch has great legs. And the inability to speak is the result of something medical from a few years ago...she talked about it on Inside the Actor's Studio.

Burn the witch
The witch is dead
Burn the witch
Just bring me back her head

BroadwayEdition.org Profile Photo
BroadwayEdition.org
#27re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 3:42am

Did anybody put it record it? Put it up on YouTube? My DVD recorder was set INCORRECTLY and only have the first hour! I want to see it.

ICEcreamAssassin Profile Photo
ICEcreamAssassin
#28re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 4:27am

omg she was rockin' those legs! damn. I thought she was gonna pounce on Paolo. Or at least tear open that suit jacket! lol love liza, she can do no wrong! :)

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#29re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 6:13am

When they showed her right after the performance of "Cry Baby", i'm convinced she was leaning over telling someone "If I wasn't so drunk right now, I may have enjoyed that less..."

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#30re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 6:46am

TooDarnHot, this is why everyone here hates you.

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#31re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 11:03am

I was in the other room when She was presenting the award and seriously thought She may have had her jaws wired shut!

That pic of her does look great though!

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#32re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 11:07am

Grading on the "Liza curve," I'd say she was great.

She did look far better than she has publicly in a long time... I'll give you that.

But she had lockjaw and her bra was showing.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

IsolatingAge
#33re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 11:11am

She did look pretty great, but that didn't stop me from thinking 'Grandma, your bra is showing!'

You must think I'm still sixteen. I dropped out of high school for a reason. And I don't care if you're pretty. I'm not admitting you are right. My soul is not a stage. I won't pretend I'm anything I'm not

Okayfine
#34re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 11:38am

I thought she looked great, but I'm from the school of "A Bra Is UNDERwear, not Lemme Getta Gander o' DEM Babies Wear".

Someone posted that in an arrival photo she had on a blouse. It's possible that something damaged the blouse & she took it off, then didn't realize that he bra was showing (it was a pretty bra, though....) That's the kind of things wardrobe staff can help with, though.
Updated On: 6/16/08 at 11:38 AM

nmartin Profile Photo
nmartin
#35re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 11:40am

"Grading on the "Liza curve," I'd say she was great."

Excellent observation. I'll never grade her any other way.

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#36re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 12:04pm

It's always a thrill to see Liza. She looks wonderful and appears in fine shape. I would love to have seen her perform something - anything!

I agree however that she seemed to be talking from one side of her mouth and she was a dance step away from a very classy Tony style wardrobe malfunction.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#37re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 12:10pm

That was probably the least messy Liza's been in 30 years. Watch her coked up Tony speech for The Act and you'll see a true hot mess.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#38re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 12:17pm

I thought she looked fantastic. Paulo was so happy to get an award from her! What a great moment.

achangeinme Profile Photo
achangeinme
#39re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 12:45pm

Travtrev2, I thought you had left these board for good?

K. I have to agree with TDH on this one. He obviously is not bashing Liza in anyway, or even talking about her weight! I love love LOVE LOVE LOVE Liza, but I'd be the first to say that there was something about her last night that seemed a little off. She could barely get her words out!

Yeah, she was a hot mess, but she's supposed to be! She's freaking Liza!

BroadwayDivaaa Profile Photo
BroadwayDivaaa
#40re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 12:48pm

She looked FABULOUS!

"Love the art in yourself, not yourself in the art"

into_the_woods2 Profile Photo
into_the_woods2
#41re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 12:49pm

i thought she looked great! she's so tiny!

but yeah, not loving her voice so much.

"The good news is I have an excellent Tony speech. The bad news is I've had it for forty-five years."-Elaine Stritch

gonepishing
#42re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 12:52pm

Liza is on the same level as women like Carol and Elaine. Anything eccentric they do is fabulous no questions asked.

shameless Profile Photo
shameless
#43re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 12:58pm

I would never call Liza a hot mess, but I do agree that she had a wardrobe malfunction while presenting. Not only was the bra showing a few times, but so was her belly. I don't think it was intentional because she kept covering it up.

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be enbered with your old nonsense. ~ Emerson

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#44re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 1:13pm

I assume the speech damage is due to the terrible illness she had a few years back; encephalitis can have permanent effects and personally, I think she is amazing to have fought back as far as she has.

Love to the Liza.

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#45re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 1:50pm

Get over yourselves! A "HOT MESS" is a compliment, from a gay man like me.

I was not bashing her. Just felt the need to share my Bra thoughts and the fact that I couldn't understand a damn word she said.

"K. I have to agree with TDH on this one. He obviously is not bashing Liza in anyway, or even talking about her weight! I love love LOVE LOVE LOVE Liza, but I'd be the first to say that there was something about her last night that seemed a little off. She could barely get her words out!"

Thank you, achangeinme.

broadwayjim42
#46re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 2:15pm

I thought she looked good and wondered if the speech impediment was something that was just getting worse with age. If it has something to do with encephalitis (sp?), then I will cut her all kinds of slack.

BroadwayBelle2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBelle2
#47re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 3:27pm

I think she looks great compared to a couple of years ago. I loved how they quicky showed her after Patti Lupone's performance. She was impressed as we all were, and gave her a standing ovation!

toomeytwopiece Profile Photo
toomeytwopiece
#48re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 3:31pm

Wait a second...

She looked, and seemed, incredibly WELL, guys!!

I mean, she's in shape, she was totally on point when she was on stage, and she seems happy. It was a joy to see her so together... and not just barely - but REALLY together.

I mean, who know really, but she's no Spring Chicken, and she looked HOT compared to some of the ladies there who are younger and who've been to far less parties along the way.

Go, Liza :)

Antisocialite Profile Photo
Antisocialite
#49re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 3:34pm

Steve2: Speak for yourself.

Burn the witch
The witch is dead
Burn the witch
Just bring me back her head