pixeltracker

beth leavel in Young Frankenstein

beth leavel in Young Frankenstein

broadwaylove3
#1beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/16/08 at 12:34am

Did anybody see beth leavel tonight in Young Frankenstein?

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#2re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/16/08 at 1:06am

i don't think beth leavel is in Young Frankenstein.

i know Beth Leavel, however, is...

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#2re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/16/08 at 9:30am

"reer! fsst! fsst!" *scratch* *Scratch*

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#3re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/16/08 at 10:02am

Capitalization? I mean, I'm as big a stickler for spelling and grammar as anyone, but... really?

MusicalMan76 Profile Photo
MusicalMan76
#4re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/16/08 at 10:44am

Agreed. That's ridiculous Joe.

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#5re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/16/08 at 11:08am

"i don't think beth leavel is in Young Frankenstein.

i know Beth Leavel, however, is..."

So, Joe, you saw fit to point out that proper names should be capitalized, yet you didn't see fit to capitalize i? Were you being an idiot by mistake, or did you mean to show you are an idiot?

justafan2
#6re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/16/08 at 11:23am

Has anyone seen Beth in YF?

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#7re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/16/08 at 11:35am

It's not Beth, it is beth.

And it should be YoUnG fRaNkEnStEiN instead of YF.

re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein

I am also curious for reviews! Anyone?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#8re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/16/08 at 12:10pm

I think our answer is no.

justafan2
#9re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/16/08 at 12:19pm

I think you're right.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#10re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/16/08 at 1:54pm

It's far from my favorite show, but I love Beth (or beth), and I'm in a show mood, so maybe I'll try lotterying it tonight. I'll review if I do and I win.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#11re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/17/08 at 12:39am

New reply since it's the requested commentary on Beeth's performance.

She is spectacular ~ especially for it being her 3rd show and on short notice. She's carried over a few Drowsy mannerisms, which actually work for the character. As usual, she's in great voice and does make the role her own. (OK, I never saw Andrea Martin in the role...she was out the one other time I've sat through it.) Overall spectacular. She was really sweet and friendly at the stage door too.

I actually really liked Kelly Sullivan as Inga as well. She's not Sutton, but for me that's kind of a good thing. I don't dislike Sutton, I'd just like to see her play a different type of character for once.

Oh, and bonus. Megan actually came out the stage door tonight. Surprise, surprise. She was really sweet too. No pics (well, until she got to some cute little girls at the end), but she graciously signed and was asking people where they were from, etc.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

justafan2
#12re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/17/08 at 6:49am

Thank-U, jordangirl---I appreciate your opinion! We have tix to see her in 2 weeks---can't wait! (altho' I'll miss Andrea)

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#13re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/17/08 at 10:22am

Thanks jordangirl! I met Leavel at the stage door after Drowsy, and she was one of the kindest, most gracious people I have ever met after a show. I take it you won lotto - how were the crowds, and did everyone win?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 7/17/08 at 10:22 AM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#14re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/17/08 at 10:26am

Yeah, I did. :) The lotto crowd was NOT bad at all ~ especially for it being the height of summer tourist season. I think only two people didn't win front row. And they "won" balcony seats at lotto price (which is now $27 rather than $26.50).

Beth really is a sweetheart ~ one that seems genuinely surprised that people love her and her performances. Seemed to be a lot of people at the door last night who had seen and loved her in Drowsy, and she really appreciated that.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#15re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/17/08 at 10:28am

I LOVE Beth... I just can't bring myself to paying for and sitting through YF again. I'm glad to hear she's great though.

::bust a move::

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#16re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/17/08 at 10:36am

Yeah, I hear you Zepka. The ONLY reason I went was lottery. And even then it was HARD paying $27 for it. No more for me. I just don't find the show as a whole funny. Or good. LOL.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#17re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/17/08 at 12:07pm

I saw the show at the Wednesday matinee. You can tell Beth Leavel is new to the cast because she actually comes out the stage door. (Okay, gratuitous snarky comment over. Also not entirely true -- Shuler Hensley and some of the ensemble also came out, even though it was a matinee)

I think Beth Leavel did a great job, although I would not say her performance was that different and distinctive from Andrea Martin's. I also thought Kelly Sullivan was very good. I thought that Sutton was also very good but slightly miscast in the role - her persona is too clear-cut and wholesome for the role and not enough of a sexpot.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#18re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/17/08 at 12:13pm

Fair enough Mike. Like I said, I never saw Andrea Martin, but Beth was a definite improvement over the understudy I saw (don't remember who it was), and Beth was definitely different from and better than her.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 7/17/08 at 12:13 PM

practically_perfect Profile Photo
practically_perfect
#19re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/17/08 at 1:43pm

I;m going to go see Young Frankenstein Saturday. (this is slightly off topic....but...) How appropriate is YF for kids...My parents wanted to see the show (despite protests on my part) and are taking my sister (who is ten) to see it. Will it be too inappropriate for her?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#20re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/17/08 at 1:46pm

If she watches any non-PBS television, I don't think it'll be anything too shocking. Most of the stuff will probably go right over her head. I'd say it's a strong PG to PG-13.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

practically_perfect Profile Photo
practically_perfect
#21re: beth leavel in Young Frankenstein
Posted: 7/17/08 at 1:48pm

Thanks! I'll post a review when I come back on Tuesday of Beth.

Videos