Patti Lupone Quest

Zeitoujo
#1Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 3:19pm

So Patti might be a strong actor but do others find her voice to be annoying and forced to say the least?

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#2re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 3:20pm

Why start a new thread on Patti's voice EVERY FRIGGEN WEEK???!!!?!?!?!!!!!

GOD, GET A LIFE!

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#2re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 3:27pm

Congratulations. You're the second creepiest troll on BroadwayWorld.

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#3re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 3:27pm

Me?

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#4re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 3:28pm

I wanna go on a Patti LuPone Quest!! Where do I sign up?

alfgiotir Profile Photo
alfgiotir
#5re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 3:29pm

Absolutely not. And Zeeitojeiii or Zit for short, you are so annoying and jealous because you dream of getting to Broadway but never will.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#6re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 3:31pm

Ooh, I wanna go on a quest too! We can be the Fellowship of the LuPone! I want to be the sexy cynic who's a total bad-ass with a sword who ends up heroically sacrificing herself for the good of the quest, confessing with my dying breath that I'm totally into the cause. re: Patti Lupone Quest

H.Higgins Profile Photo
H.Higgins
#7re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 3:36pm

-- "So Patti might be a strong actor but do others find her voice to be annoying and forced to say the least?"

Seriously? This is absurd.

And WTF does that have to do with a "Quest"?

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#8re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 3:39pm

Oh, Papa Tooney, we got a loony!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#9re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 3:40pm

I think it's Zeitoujo's futile ongoing quest to find someone who shares his opinions on Patti LuPone. Good luck with *that*, skippy!

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#10re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 5:10pm

You want to know what I find "annoying and forced" . . . ?

defyingravity07
#11re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 5:24pm

Oh I can't wait to start the quest to buy Patti a pair of Isontoners from Macy's.

re: Patti Lupone Quest Updated On: 7/22/08 at 05:24 PM

LadyRosecoe
#12re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 5:28pm

Talk about perfect!!!

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#13re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 6:42pm

I love you. You're the second best person on the internet today. :3 In fact, you can be the best person on the internet tomorrow, seeing as it's only 16 minutes away for me. That's AWESOME. :3

defyingravity07
#14re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 8:42pm

Who, me? Shucks, I'm flattered.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#15re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 8:45pm

Yes, you. I think it's the Eva-nath that swayed it for me. re: Patti Lupone Quest

FranzRelax
#16re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 8:51pm

This is probably the least interesting troll on here.

We serve their food, We carve their meat, We tend to their house, We polish their Silverware.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#17re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 9:53pm

Oh, come on. What good would a quest for Patti LuPone be without The Lady of the Lake? re: Patti Lupone Quest

re: Patti Lupone Quest

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#18re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 9:59pm

That photo is perfection.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#19re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 10:04pm

Hello. I wasn't familiar with the term "internet troll". Here is something I found dealing with that dastardly subject. By the way Defying..., that's an awesome graphic of Miss Patti. from RC in Austin, Texas...

An Introduction To Dross
The object of this page is to bring together a definitive document to cover the utter sadness of the Internet troll. Usually, a troll is nothing more than a passing nuisance, but, as this page will show, they can be a worry (stalkers). However, it is almost invariably an inadequate individual who can be safely ignored.

This page will define the activity, and help with early recognition; once acknowledged, trolls can take up residence, and, like athlete's foot, can be difficult to shift. And when you've finished here, I recommend this fairly comprehensive guide to managing sad thirteen year olds loose on Mom's computer.

What Is A Troll?
The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.

Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually its ignorance shows.

Why do trolls do it?
I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial timewasting to be funny?

Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!).

How can troll posts be recognised?
No Imagination - Most are frighteningly obvious; sexist comments on nurses' groups, blasphemy on religious groups .. I kid you not.
Pedantic in the Extreme - Many trolls' preparation is so thorough, that while they waste time, they appear so ludicrous from the start that they elicit sympathetic mail - the danger is that once the group takes sides, the damage is done.
False Identity - Because they are cowards, trolls virtually never write over their own name, and often reveal their trolliness (and lack of imagination) in the chosen ID. As so many folk these days use false ID, this is not a strong indicator on its own!
Crossposting - Any post that is crossposted to several groups should be viewed as suspicious, particularly if unrelated or of opposing perspective. Why would someone do that?
Off-topic posting - Often genuine errors, but, if from an 'outsider' they deserve matter-of-fact response; if genuine, a brief apposite response is simply netiquette; if it's a troll post, you have denied it its reward.
Repetition of a question or statement is either a troll - or a pedant; either way, treatment as a troll is effective.
Missing The Point - Trolls rarely answer a direct question - they cannot, if asked to justify their twaddle - so they develop a fine line in missing the point.
Thick or Sad - Trolls are usually sad, lonely folk, with few social skills; they rarely make what most people would consider intelligent conversation. However, they frequently have an obsession with their IQ and feel the need to tell everyone. This is so frequent, that it is diagnostic! Somewhere on the web there must be an Intelligence Test for Trolls - rigged to always say "above 150"

Who is at risk?
Any newsgroup, bulletin board, forum or chatroom can attract trolls, but they don't have the brains to attack nuclear physicists, and they are drawn to the quick response where sex, religion and race are found; so politics is easy prey.

One troll famously tried to infiltrate a mensa group; the results read like 100 trolls and one regular, it didn't have a chance - but it was stupid enough to persist until removed.

When Should You Be Concerned?
Usually, no, though fractured funny bones and occasional waves of nausea have been reported.

When a troll become persistent and personal, you may need to consider the possibility that it has fermented into an Internet Stalker - equally pathetic, if not more so - but sometimes requiring weedkiller. Find Out More

Trolls - if they had brains, they just might be dangerous

Internet Trolls

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#20re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 10:16pm

Call the M*th police now!

Don't you guys know Patti is "Yesterday's Papers"
LBB and Bailey are the new fierce bitches on the boards this week.

defyingravity07
#21re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 10:21pm

I could I forgot The Lady of the Lake. Here she is.

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#22re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 11:08pm

I think it sounds like a video game.

You use your vibrato and lips to destroy your enemies, leading to a second Tony.

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

defyingravity07
#23re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 11:11pm

Her Vibrato causes a violent shake in her enemies jaw, eventually breaking it off.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#24re: Patti Lupone Quest
Posted: 7/22/08 at 11:39pm

Weez, I may need to quote that in my signature.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Videos