Official Shrek The Musical Thread- Page 5

Official Shrek The Musical Thread

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#100re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/15/08 at 10:36pm

re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread

another new pic of shrek

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#101re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/15/08 at 11:00pm

BroadwayWest: Try Benihana's (sit in the sushi bar), Rock Bottom (love their Salmon and chips), or, if you don't mind spending a bit more, Wild Ginger (a slight walk from the theatre; most delicious food I've ever had in Seattle; make sure to get a reservation).

http://www.wildginger.net/

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
SirNotAppearing Profile Photo
SirNotAppearing
#103re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/19/08 at 4:38pm

That puppet-and Haven's voice is CRAMAZING.

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#104re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/19/08 at 4:40pm

LOVE IT!!!!!!

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

TheatreFreak05 Profile Photo
TheatreFreak05
#105re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/19/08 at 5:22pm

That Gingy puppet is awesome!!

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#106re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/19/08 at 5:25pm

re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise
Updated On: 8/19/08 at 05:25 PM

Bodes08
#107re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/19/08 at 5:44pm

That video positively made my day!!!
Haven's Gingy voice is priceless.
I got a nice chuckle out of her "not my gumdrop buttons!" haha

thevolleyballer
#108re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/19/08 at 6:07pm

Bahhh... I need more pictures of this show.

musicalmaster703 Profile Photo
musicalmaster703
#109re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/19/08 at 6:08pm

Yay! I wish there was some press Videos

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#110re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/19/08 at 6:21pm

That was really cute and adorable and haven's gingy's voice is quite amazing

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#111re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/19/08 at 6:26pm

After watching it a second time I realized the "now i've tasted blood and I am never going back"

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

thewizloveschen
#112re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/20/08 at 2:13am

Would someone please PM me the demo or a link to a file sharing website... thanks!

Much appreciated!
Updated On: 8/20/08 at 02:13 AM

umbawumba
#113re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/20/08 at 11:27am

Just a reminder to send your reviews of the show directly to the producers at shrekfeedback AT 5thavenue DOT org. See the right column at http://www.5thavenue.org/ for a link to this email address as well.

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#114re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/20/08 at 11:32am

I actually really didn't like Haven's voice.

I can barely understand her....

who did the original Gingy voice? that voice is so brilliant.

TheatreFreak05 Profile Photo
TheatreFreak05
#115re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/20/08 at 11:44am

I agree ^^^^^^^

commasplice
#116re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/20/08 at 11:59am

TDH, according to IMDB, it's someone named Conrad Vernon. He seems to work mainly in animation.

umbawumba = shill Y/Y?

thewizloveschen
#117re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/24/08 at 2:03am

I hate to be obnoxious but... sadly no one sent me a link or anything since I asked for help finding the shrek demo CD...

so I suppose this is me asking once again... if anyone would be so kind as to PM where I could find the Shrek Demo CD I would appreciate is VERY much!

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#118re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/29/08 at 5:34am

The Shrek page at Telecharge has a different logo: http://www.telecharge.com/BehindTheCurtain.aspx?ProdID=6347

I wonder why they're not using the standard artwork (with the big green 'S') anymore... because they used to.

SporkGoddess
#119re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/29/08 at 11:13am

Do we have any pictures from the show itself yet??

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

monkeybutt Profile Photo
monkeybutt
#120re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/29/08 at 11:33am

could u PM me the demo tracks? Also, for those of you who have seen the show, what does Young Shrek do?

FRIENDSHIP IS LIKE PEEING ON YOURSELF, EVERYONE CAN IT BUT ONLY YOU HAVE THAT WARM FUZZY FEELING
Updated On: 8/29/08 at 11:33 AM

rose_pearl Profile Photo
rose_pearl
#121re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/29/08 at 1:01pm

I kind of like that logo better than the original. I like the silhouette of Shrek and Donkey...

~*Sara*~

Who would play you in the movie? "Taye Diggs." --Brian d'Arcy James

NGD47 Profile Photo
NGD47
#122re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 8/29/08 at 1:08pm

I believe that is the final artwork. They are selling shirts with it at the 5th Avenue Theatre.

Formerly Defyingravity07

< It ain't pretty, but she sure is

DayDreamer Profile Photo
DayDreamer
#123re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 9/1/08 at 2:33am

SO ... last night on a whim we decided to see Shrek! Got pretty good seats considering we bought our tickets at 5:30 pm. So here are my opinions:

I was quite impressed. The cast is phenomenal - and Christopher Sieber steals the show. Completely blew me away. His number Things are Looking Up in Duloc literally stopped the show. This is not to say they need to do some major adjusting.

Act 1 (other than the previous song) is so SLOW and the music really is not that catchy. Nothing that makes you go wow. The opening sequence (not sure what has been said so I don't want to spoil anything) is completely pointless and adds nothing to the show. Mind you - this is only the songs. The scenes are clever - and even though it's a bit heavy handed on the whole pop-culture reference stuff, I know it's Shrek! and that's a part of what it is. The dragon's number is bland, which seems like a waste for a very talented woman. Overall I gave it a B-.

Act 2, on the other hand, was everything I expected from the show. High energy, dancing, clever. Loved it! The funny thing was that my boyfriend's song list was different from mine, so we were trying to figure out who had the right one.

One of my biggest problems is that Shrek doesn't actually get a killer number. Fiona, Farquaad and Donkey do, but his song's are just not that fun.

The cast is truly awesome. Brian D'Arcy James truly inhabits Shrek. I so wish they write him a kick-@$$ song soon. Sutton Foster is so charming, perfect for the part. John Tartaglia was SO funny - and there are even a couple of Ave Q references that were cute. Chester Gregory was fine, but one can't help to compare him to Eddie Murphy since the lines are pretty much the same. Kecia Lewis-Evans is terribly under-used as the Dragon. Those are tough hooves to fill. (bad pun) The ensemble is truly all very talented, each shining as the fairy tale creatures.

We went out for drinks after, and were lucky enough to go to the place where the cast goes. On my way out I congratulated some of the cast members - all very gracious and fun, and even got to share a few words with Mr. Sieber. What a gentleman!

With a few fixes, this show should be a huge hit on Broadway.

Celebrate Life

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. - Randy Pausch

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#124re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
Posted: 9/1/08 at 5:59am

Already major changes have been made to the show. 'I Could Get Used To This' & 'The Wall' have been dropped from the show and replaced.

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

Videos