My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE

dacvingwolf
#1My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/5/08 at 7:40pm

Apparently Kiera KNightley just got the part for the musical...that'll be interesting

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#2re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/5/08 at 7:50pm

wow, great cast. Once this movie was announced, she is the one come out of my mind.

SporkGoddess
#2re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/5/08 at 8:46pm

She's going to butcher the score. Ugh.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#3re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/5/08 at 9:05pm

Is this a theatrical movie or a tv movie?

HometownGlory Profile Photo
HometownGlory
#4re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/5/08 at 9:25pm

If Knightley is involved, I am assuming it is theatrical. I doubt she would do a TV movie at this stage of her career.

Dollypop
#5re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/5/08 at 10:36pm

My fingers are crossed that Hugh Grant is cast as Higgins.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#6re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/5/08 at 11:31pm

Can she sing? At all?

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#7re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/5/08 at 11:53pm

sounds like naptime...

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#8re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/5/08 at 11:55pm

Marni Nixon still is around for the dubbing.
and for the right price, Judy Kuhn or Lea Salonga would probably do the dub.
Updated On: 8/5/08 at 11:55 PM

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#9re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/6/08 at 12:47am

With the all of the "non-musical" performers (Zellweger, Kidman, etc) appearing on musical films and doing their own singing Knightley would be raked over the coals if she were to be dubbed.

I'd have to imagine that she has to have some musical ability if she has been cast.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

walkedthroughmany Profile Photo
walkedthroughmany
#10re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/6/08 at 12:50am

Wait, I know this casting was rumored a while ago, but when did it become a fact?

Is there a link?

keggss23 Profile Photo
keggss23
#11re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/6/08 at 12:52am

Here's a short clip of her singing in her new film. Not very long, but here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ej7Xi0qGks&feature=related

"When you're a Jet, / You're a Jet all the way, / From your first pirouette / To your last grand jete." --Brian Kaman

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#12re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/6/08 at 12:58am

Well, here's one.

This article states that Daniel Day-Lewis has been cast opposite her. Interesting choice since this is sure to be a "commercial" film which he usually shies away from.
KNIGHTLEY GOT DRUNK FOR MY FAIR LADY AUDITION

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".
Updated On: 8/6/08 at 12:58 AM

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#13re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/6/08 at 3:27am

No, no, NO! Anne Hathaway, darn it! I can't stand Kiera Knightley!

And Daniel Day Lewis?! As HIGGINS?! No. Just, no. It's a musical comedy. I know the man is endlessly talented, but I really don't see him doing musical comedy.

To remake something that is already so close to perfection, there should be a darn good reason. If there are no stars who are truly perfect for the roles, why just remake it to remake it?

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#14re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/6/08 at 4:44am

Yet another movie musical that Anne Hathaway did not get re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
I would have loved Colin Firth as Higgins. Not really sure about Daniel Day-Lewis. Oh well. I'll still see it, not a fan of the original movie.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

walkedthroughmany Profile Photo
walkedthroughmany
#15re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/6/08 at 4:54am

If this is official news, why isn't anyone but contactmusic.com reporting it?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#16re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/6/08 at 9:36am

People magazine online had it to, as told to Glamour.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#17re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/6/08 at 10:44am

I have to say that I love the original movie--until I'm actually watching it.

Day Lewis seems on the surface an odd choice, given his most recent roles. But let's remember that he was very funny in "A Room with a View." They're not similar roles, but I bring it up to point out that he does have a comedic sensibility.

toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
#18re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/6/08 at 11:01am

Voice aside, Keira looks far more 'period' than Audrey did, she was just always too glamorous, even when she was covered in dirt.

Problem, again voice aside, might be getting Keira to have the cockney accent. She's very proper in reality and in every film i've seen her in. Couldn't be any worse than Audrey I guess...

I'm quite interested in seeing this. I imagine that it will have huge amounts of money and effort put into it, so it will inevitably come out looking fantastic...even if it isn't cast better.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#19re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/6/08 at 12:59pm

"I would have loved Colin Firth as Higgins"

I had this same thought.

JenNYferTheatrical Profile Photo
JenNYferTheatrical
#20re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/6/08 at 1:15pm

I would LOVE to see Anne Hathaway playing this role, or in fact any role in a movie-musical.

She is lovely and very talented.

Ftworthguy Profile Photo
Ftworthguy
#21re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/6/08 at 3:37pm

Daniel Day Lewis is going to follow "Nine" with "My Fair Lady?"

That seems like an odd choice for him, don't you think?

And let's be honest, Higgins isn't really a singer's role, particularly if done in the talkie-singing of Rex Harrison. Hugh Grant would make a nice Higgins, regardless of his pipes.

JohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
#22re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/6/08 at 3:51pm

I can't wait for this remake. Emma Thompson doing the screenplay, is great. I hope they pick someone, to direct, who can actually bring something resembling the life that the original stage production had, to the screen. I couldn't detest the original theatrical film more. I've been waiting since 1964 for this!!!

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#23re: My Fair Lady...THE MOVIE
Posted: 8/6/08 at 5:01pm

I couldn't detest the original theatrical film more.

I couldn't begin to imagine why.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290