pixeltracker

Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight

Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight

LI Larry Profile Photo
LI Larry
#1Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
Posted: 8/22/08 at 12:52am

I was in the city tonight and while I was walking past Xanadu, I noticed that Cheyenne Jackson and Kerry Butler were both out tonight. Does anyone know why? I know that as good as the understudies are, if I was a first time goer to the show, I would have been pretty disappointed.

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#2re: Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
Posted: 8/22/08 at 1:38am

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?thread=975872#3655536

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)
Updated On: 8/22/08 at 01:38 AM

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#2re: Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
Posted: 8/22/08 at 12:44pm

Kerry is on a well-deserved vacation, and Cheyenne is sick right now. Kerry is due to be back on Tues, and not sure when Cheyenne is coming back, but he is pretty sick.

Ed_Mottershead
#3re: Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
Posted: 8/22/08 at 12:53pm

Is Curtis spelling for Cheyenne?

BroadwayEd

Dollypop
#4re: Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
Posted: 8/22/08 at 1:01pm

Dammit! I hate when this happens! I was planning on seeing XANADU tonight, but I HATE understudies. Now I'm gonna have drag myself to see GYPSY again!

DAMMIT!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Robert Taylor Profile Photo
Robert Taylor
#5re: Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
Posted: 8/22/08 at 1:17pm

Sorry to break this to you, guys, but you missed one hell of an amazing performance. Holbrook was captivating and Murin was the equal of Kerry Butler in every way.

You also missed some of the greatest ad-libbing I've ever seen on a live stage when a huge fly began to bother Whoopi, Mary, Curtis and Patti right before "Fool."

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#6re: Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
Posted: 8/22/08 at 1:57pm

Sounds like the inmates are running the asylum - lol.

GET WELL WISHES TO CHEYENNE!

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)

LindaTNo1
#7re: Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
Posted: 8/22/08 at 2:26pm

Hurry up and GET WELL Cheyenne! I extend my heartfelt wishes for a speedy recovery to him at this time. With the Summer Series Damn Yankees production and then rushing back into his role in Xanadu, he probably is just a little exhausted and needs some well deserved R&R. He is in such high demand these days but he is also a human being too. Take care of yourself Cheyenne and pace yourself and your life too. He needs a pause for the cause and that is good for him. Follow doctor's orders and take your meds and be well!

When everyone thinks alike, no one is thinking................

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#8re: Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
Posted: 8/22/08 at 2:30pm

Dollypop, I hope you saw Xanadu that night...Patti Murin and Curtis Holbrook are adorable together! Well, they do date, so that might explain some of it. I haven't seen Patti as Kira except in Bryant Park, and she looked like she would make a great Kira. I saw Curtis the first time I saw Xanadu and loved him. Those who attended the Curtis/Patti performance are lucky.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

artifact11 Profile Photo
artifact11
#9re: Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
Posted: 8/23/08 at 1:40pm

Curtis is absolutely terrific, to see him on skates alone..-
I would be more than happy to see him again, I only wish that this had been posted on Broadway Understudies. Does anyone know if he will be on tonight and tomorrow?

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#10re: Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
Posted: 8/23/08 at 1:48pm

Chey had bronchitis, but was back last night.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#11re: Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
Posted: 8/23/08 at 2:19pm

I would LOVE to see Curtis on for Cheyenne (nothing against him) I've so become a HUGE fan of Curtis.

Millie: I was at Bryant Park that day too! I thought they were really sweet together!!!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dl032656 Profile Photo
dl032656
#12re: Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
Posted: 8/23/08 at 2:25pm

Chey is back on 23rd a I did not see Kerry though. got all all autograph except Kerry.

broadwayrob
#13re: Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
Posted: 8/23/08 at 2:38pm

Patti Murin is simply adorable as Kira/Clio. I really hope that *granted if the show lasts for this long, God willing* she takes over the role full time once Kerry leaves.

anything you do let it come from you and it will be new.

Elphabatize Profile Photo
Elphabatize
#14re: Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
Posted: 8/23/08 at 5:48pm

Dollypop @ 01:01 PM

Dammit! I hate when this happens! I was planning on seeing XANADU tonight, but I HATE understudies. Now I'm gonna have drag myself to see GYPSY again!

DAMMIT!

And what's wrong with understudies exactly?

amoni Profile Photo
amoni
#15re: Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
Posted: 8/23/08 at 6:21pm

Saw Cutris and Patti on Thursday, it was an absolutely great show. Mary & Whoopi make a great team too.

dl032656 Profile Photo
dl032656
#16re: Cheyenne and Kerry both out of Xanadu tonight
Posted: 8/24/08 at 12:59am

Patti Murin is not on tonight some other name when i check the playbill.

Videos