pixeltracker

More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?

More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?

jagfkb
#1More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 1:17pm

Alright, I'm not sure how many of you are members of Givenik, but in a recent newsletter, they ga ve away some rather interesting news on West Side Story:

Groups of 20 or more can exclusively get tickets now, enjoying terrific savings. Get Price Level 1 $109.50, Price Level 2 $82.50 and Price Level 3 $46.50 at most performances. Student Groups can enjoy a special $42.00 ticket, too. Performances begin February 23rd, 2009 - book now for the best availability!

Though I know the price levels is not a theatre name, but comparing it to other price levels, it's very similar to Legally Blonde's current price levels, with Level #1 being Orchestra and Front Mezzanne, Level #2 being Mid- Rear Mezzanine, and the last being the Balcony. So, this doesn't exactly look promising for Blonde, now does it?

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#2re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 1:20pm

I still feel like all signs are pointing to The Palace.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

RentBoy86
#2re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 1:25pm

Well it seems strange. I mean, I don't think Legally Blonde is going to become some sold-out hit, but what if it does indeed pick up?

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#3re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 1:28pm

Legally Blonde is hardly in financial trouble. Even if it's not a sell-out hit, I doubt they're going to close it for a revival that might be gone by next fall.

Sorry, but I have a feeling this just isn't going to be the smash that everyone seems to think it will be. And Matt Cavenaugh? Blech. It'd be more interesting to watch a piece of wood play Tony.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

jagfkb
#4re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 1:29pm

Legally blonde could always move. How about the Hilton?

jagfkb
#5re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 1:31pm

Sorry to double post, but just thinking, that pricing chart could also point to the Lunt Fontanne. I guess we'll just see then, won't we?

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#6re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 1:44pm

I don't think that Little Mermaid is going anywhere. It has been the third highest grossing show on Broadway next to Wicked and The Lion King for some time now.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#7re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 2:03pm

Maybe thats the plan? Have LB to put the sets on tour? Idk. But the Hilton? YF isn't closing. Can it be the St.James?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#8re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 2:12pm

St. James is NOT a Nederlander theater.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#9re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 2:13pm

I don't think that LB is going soon enough to put WSS there. They've been getting 80%+ capacity and the Palace is huge, and it's making MORE than 3/4 of a million dollars a week...which puts it in 10th place $$-wise. (approx.)

I want to know the cast!!!!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#10re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 2:13pm

The only other Nederlander I can think of is the Neil Simon.

But I don't see HAIRSPRAY closing soon enough for WSS to move in.

All the signs really do point to the Palace.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde
Updated On: 8/23/08 at 02:13 PM

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#11re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 2:30pm

I bet they postpone it!

jagfkb
#12re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 3:03pm

At worst, I could see it going into the Nederlander, and Guys and Dolls being postponed. WE NEED MORE THEATRES!

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#13re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 3:37pm

Apparently the deal for GUYS & DOLLS at the Nederlander is done.

Why would GUYS & DOLLS give up their theatre for WSS?

Not gonna happen.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

ThankstoPhantom
#14re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 3:42pm

Maybe thats the plan? Have LB to put the sets on tour?

What? The tour starts September 21st...They'd have already announced the Broadway production's closure if they were using the Broadway set. And besides, very rarely can set built for Broadway be used on tour.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

defyingravity23 Profile Photo
defyingravity23
#15re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 3:49pm

OR they could pull a Beauty. If the tour isn't a success (probably will be but...) they could take the sets from that and move to another theatre.

Hey Mods how about unbanning my old account (Defyingravity07). Which was supposed to be freed on August 18th here we are August 21st and it is still blocked.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#16re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 3:55pm

I'd rather see Legally Blonde continue to run, then for this lame-o revival kick it out.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

defyingravity23 Profile Photo
defyingravity23
#17re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 4:07pm

WHAT?! Give WSS a chance.

Hey Mods how about unbanning my old account (Defyingravity07). Which was supposed to be freed on August 18th here we are August 21st and it is still blocked.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#18re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 4:12pm

I'd just personally like to see a new musical continue to run, then see a revival of a show come in and kick it out.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards
Updated On: 8/23/08 at 04:12 PM

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#19re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 6:27pm

I think Grease will close, Hairspray will scale down and move to the Brook Atkinson (sp?) so WSS can play the Neil Simon and Guys & Dolls play the Nederlander. Hairspray IS 6 years old and made it's money back a while ago. Or Nederlander buys the Mark Hellinger (hopeful thinking, I know), put WWS there, and put Guys and Dolls at the Nederlander.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

jagfkb
#20re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 7:54pm

^Good idea

Yankeefan007
#21re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 7:58pm

GREASE is doing much better business than HAIRSPRAY and BLONDE.

outdamnwench
#22re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 7:59pm

People have been saying LB is closing soon ever since it opened and it's proved them all wrong so far. I think YF is quickly losing steam and will close soon opening up the Hilton

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#23re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 8:23pm

But the Hilton would be a bad place for WSS, IMO. Besides, I don't see YF closing anytime soon.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#24re: More Clues on West Side Story's Theatre?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 8:25pm

"Legally blonde could always move. How about the Hilton?"

Are you kidding? Why would it move to another theater (which has about 100 more seats) when it isn't even a sellout and hasn't even recouped yet?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Videos