pixeltracker

Anyone free this weekend in the city?

Anyone free this weekend in the city?

Fiyero13
#1Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 11:40am

I'm going to NYC this weekend for my birthday, but my friend bailed on my so I'm going alone, so other than a birthday party planned and me seeing a friend's show and hanging out with her afterwards...i'm pretty much free...i was wondering if any of you bwwers would be willing to show me around nyc or see a show or wait in line for hair tickets...?

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#2re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 11:41am

am I the only one that finds this a little bit creepy.

Fiyero13
#2re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 11:42am

well sorry if i'm being creepy, i was just wondering if some bwwers would help in the lottery or wait in line for hair tickets with me... Updated On: 8/26/08 at 11:42 AM

Parks
#3re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 12:12pm

It'll cost you...

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

FlyingMonkey1223 Profile Photo
FlyingMonkey1223
#4re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 4:17pm

Fiyero...I would hang with you if I were in NY. Your request wasn't really creepy. Pay no attention to the lame brains on the board, especially if they have anything to do with Patti LuPone in their avatar. They are usually rude little queeny insects.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#5re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 4:24pm

TDH, yep, you're the only one.

NGD47 Profile Photo
NGD47
#6re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 4:35pm

TDH is dumbass. A lot of people from here get together.

Formerly Defyingravity07

< It ain't pretty, but she sure is

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#7re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 4:35pm

Fiyero13, well Happy Birthday.

I don't find it creepy, just kind of odd. To post such a thing when we don't know anything about you. It would be one thing if you ask people you have had some kind of interaction with on this board, but to post a blanket statement like that.

Fiyero13
#8re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 4:51pm

well i've been on this board for a year...and i've interacted with alot of people just not any on a consistent basis, basically i just wanted to hang out with people who are like me...really laid back, open minded, and don't know any strangers and are willing to hang out with anybody

if people must know, i'm a straight male
Updated On: 8/27/08 at 04:51 PM

Fiyero13
#9re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/27/08 at 12:37am

bump

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#10re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/27/08 at 4:24am

Well, I for one don't find it creepy at all! MANY people on these boards meet up with other BWWers in the city for many different Broadway related events. I've done it.

I (a 23 year old gay man) live in the city, but will be out of town this weekend, or I would be glad to show you around NYC! Who doesn't enjoy showing newcomers around the best city in the world?

I hope you have an awesome birthday! Be sure to post your show reviews and how your trip went!

Best of luck!

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#11re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/27/08 at 5:35am

Have a great birthday.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
Updated On: 8/27/08 at 05:35 AM

dlass727 Profile Photo
dlass727
#12re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/27/08 at 7:17am

Fiyero13,

I don't think you're creepy at all. I also posted an offer like that for the Little Fish CD Release Concert @Joe's Pub and got nowhere. People can be so stuck up sometimes. There is nothing wrong with trying to get to know people, who seem to have the same interests as you. I wish I could make it to the city this weekend. I would love to meet you and hang out. Have a great b-day! :]

Upcoming shows:

MarkCohen2
#13re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/27/08 at 10:27am

yeah i don't think that's creepy either Updated On: 8/27/08 at 10:27 AM

Fiyero13
#14re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/27/08 at 10:53am

That's really sweet dlass...i really appreciate it, anybody else going to be in town?

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#15re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/27/08 at 11:11am

I'd have to check my schedule.

Fiyero13
#16re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/27/08 at 3:06pm

bump

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#17re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/27/08 at 3:10pm

If I was here I'd offer to help out. But I'll be in NoVA. Sorry!

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#18re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/27/08 at 3:11pm

you like bumping, don't you?

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#19re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/27/08 at 3:20pm

dlass, because people don't respond for an offer to meet up doesn't necessarily make them stuck up. Like I said, when I usually meet up with someone from a chatroom, it's because I've established some sort of correspondence with them online. Personally, I'm not up for meeting someone that I don't know from Adam.
Updated On: 8/27/08 at 03:20 PM

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#20re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/27/08 at 4:01pm

Happy Birthday Fiyero...and many more. I bet you'd meet people fun to hang with in line for Hiar tickets. Especially if you bring somthing fun for people to pass the time alog with you...like a hackee sack or other kind of outdoor fun. I'd bring you a cake if I didn't have to work!

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

Dollypop
#21re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/27/08 at 10:14pm

Do you have your own handcuffs?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#22re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/27/08 at 11:19pm

handcuffs and might i add, leather suggest the kind of activities that are more fun "underground" as it were....

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

KrissySim
#23re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/28/08 at 1:06am

On Creepiness:

I wouldn't know whether it was creepy or uncreepy until I met you. Your post doesn't sound offensive. But a little more of who you are, where you are coming from (geographically) what you would like to see, etc. wouldn't hurt. This is coming from a single 31 yr old woman who often travels alone, though I've never made such arrangements on the internet. I like to meet people in person and field the situation from there.

For me, something more like "where are good places for an out-of-towner (like me) to go and possibly meet locals for non-romantic / common interest purposes". Even that will get facetious answers. Generally, I don't use the internet for meeting up unless I've been in touch with someone over time.

But no, it didn't sound creepy to me. (And no, I'm not in NY this weekend.)

Have fun.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#24re: Anyone free this weekend in the city?
Posted: 8/28/08 at 1:58am

I don't find it creepy at all, but so far, there is no one who is able to hang out with, so I'd recommend to post your age and maybe a self picture, Im sure more people will respond then...=)

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-