pixeltracker

The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(

The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(

broadwaygirl99 Profile Photo
broadwaygirl99
#1The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 1:49am

I was planning on going to Grease today and I was so excited cause the day was going really great so far. We got to the city and it was too early for our reservation so we went to the Marriot Marquis to get drinks and we had a really good table. Then we ate in Scarllato which is the Italian restaurant next to Grease and we had a good table and a great meal. Then we get on line for Grease at 6:35 and we are standing and standing and standing then around 7:10 they announced that the show is cancelled and it sucks! It was too late for us to get into another show so we ran to the movies to see Mamma Mia and since we were late we had to sit in the front and they were really bad seats. Then during S.O.S obnotcious people started to laugh really loud at Pierce Brosnon's singing which I think personally isn't too bad for a person who has never sung before. Anyway, a day went from great to crappy in about 2 seconds! Has anyone ever been on line and the show was cancelled cause it seemed very rare to me.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 9/1/08 at 1:52am

Updated On: 5/2/09 at 01:52 AM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 1:56am

Why was it cancelled?

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#3re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 2:00am

You had drinks and great Italian, Grease was cancelled, people were laughing at Pierce Brosnan - I WANT YOUR CRAPPY DAY!

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

broadwaygirl99
#4re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 2:00am

The air conditioning wasn't working. But I have seen Altar Boyz with no air conditioning and they still had the show so I don't understand. I would've stayed if their was no air. They really didn't have compensation for it either which wasn't fair. And why is it Orfeh's fault? Why post that comment just why? Oh and I had a crappy day cause we had these tickets for months and I hate when people laugh at Pierce Bronson cause they are stupid and obnocious and some of them weren't very good when they were singing along so they should talk.
Updated On: 9/1/08 at 02:00 AM

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 9/1/08 at 2:02am

Updated On: 5/2/09 at 02:02 AM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#6re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 2:10am

You had drinks and great Italian, Grease was cancelled, people were laughing at Pierce Brosnan - I WANT YOUR CRAPPY DAY!

I will be laughing all the way to bed tonight. Thank you, blaxx.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

NGD47 Profile Photo
NGD47
#7re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 2:11am

You lucky duck. Was there REALLY NO other show? You decide to see Grease & you let [tos] die. I hate you.

Formerly Defyingravity07

< It ain't pretty, but she sure is

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#8re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 2:14am

"It was too late for us to get into another show"

Um, don't most shows start at 8pm? You had 50 minutes to go to TKTS (or any box office) and get tickets to almost any show. I don't get how it was too late.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

NGD47 Profile Photo
NGD47
#9re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 2:16am

I'm sure [tos] had seats.

Formerly Defyingravity07

broadwaygirl99
#10re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 3:03am

First of all you don't know my life and yes I did have a bad day. I stated the good things because of the irony of the situation. It was just that the day was going so well and it was ruined so fast. And shows on Sunday start at 7pm, if I had 50 mins of corse we would have gone to something else! That's what we wanted to do but we couldn't. And I would have been game to see tos but no one else in my family wanted to. Plus I saw it once and wasnt a huge fan. It was ok but just not for me I guess. Can't anyone feel bad for anyone here! I know the day was good up till Grease being cancelled but can't anyone say oh that sucks and be interested instead of harping on other things? My main point here is that the show was cancelled not that I had Italian food.

Updated On: 9/1/08 at 03:03 AM

NGD47 Profile Photo
NGD47
#11re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 3:13am

Consider the Air Conditioning breaking a GOOD OMEN. You could have sat in the theatre for 2.5 hours wishing you were dead.

Formerly Defyingravity07

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 9/1/08 at 3:16am

Updated On: 5/2/09 at 03:16 AM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#13re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 7:58am

Sorry you didn't get to see Grease, but no air conditioning can be bad for some patrons. Also, it gets very hot on stage with all the lighting and everything, so they also could have cancelled the show for the sake of the actors. Like it would probably be even less fun if one of them got sick during the show because they were too hot. And the last reason they may have cancelled for that reason is for the equipment they use. Most electronics can break easier if it's hot. That's why if you go into most tv or movie studios or theaters and it's freezing in there.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#14re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 8:01am

I feel ya BroadwayGirl...I was on amtrak acela express a few summers ago...had matinee tix to "the Frogs" at Lincoln Center and then "Aida" that night. The train broke down and I missed my matinee...It's a drag when you have your hopes up and then something out of your control messes up what you've been looking forward to doing. If it's any consolation, I saw "Grease" a few months back. I, who admitttedly love just a out anything, thought it was AWFUL! I remember at intermission thinking to myself...why the heck didn't I go see "Cry-Baby" again! It probably would've been a billion times worse sitting in a tight sight with a bunch of tourists who have been sweating all day! Add all the kiddies and the rude people who chat and text and sing along...probably would have made me poke my eyes out!

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

Debbie1313 Profile Photo
Debbie1313
#15re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 9:08am

Here's a guy who wants to let the Broadway community know that he had a bad day. Let him. Why do some of you feel you have to respond in a critical manner? You don't have to respond at all. All he wanted to do was vent a little. How about a little Tea and Sympathy?

SirNotAppearing Profile Photo
SirNotAppearing
#16re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 9:48am

LEAVE CHRISTOPHER J. HANKE ALOOOOOOONE!

toddlisatyriem Profile Photo
toddlisatyriem
#17re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 11:06am

Sorry to hear about the cancelled show. I know how it is to get your hopes up and to get the rug pulled out from under you at the last minute. Not fun!

As for the negative posters... You people are pathetic!

Some of us LOVe Broadway and enjoy chatting about our mutual love of something so great with others. Sometimes we want to vent with others that LOVE theater too.

Then you idiots who think you are being witty come on and post how pathetic you truly are! SAD that such losers have to continue to try and be critical and all around $hitty to people that want to spread the LOVE of Broadway.

It are these losers that are driving Broadway fans away from here which only hurts the Broadway community and the shows that we discuss.

When the performers admitt how much they hate coming on here because of you pathetic negative losers, perhaps you need to get a life and learn to be a normal compassionate and cordial human being.

Broadway and their fans would appreciate it greatly!

stupidbeans
#18re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 11:21am

don't be too sad, I wish grease had been canceled when I saw it, it was terrible.

"And We Have A Shepherd's Pie Peppered With Actual Shepherd On Top" - Mrs. Lovett, Sweeney Todd

broadwaygirl99
#19re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 12:28pm

Thank you so much to everyone who knows how i feel and put actually responses on here, I just might stay and keep message boarding. I have heard Grease wasn't very good but I just love the music so much and I havn't see a stage production of it so it was just disapointing crappy show or not.

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#20re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 12:35pm

My parents come up from Florida every so often to see shows with me. They saw Grease on the tony awards and they want to see it. I thought to myself...ugh please NO! If you love it that much though...you should see it. There is one really cute guy in the chorus who is really fun to watch...especially during the hand jive. He looses the dance off to Danny...

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

sondheimgeek Profile Photo
sondheimgeek
#21re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 12:52pm

"Some of us LOVe Broadway and enjoy chatting about our mutual love of something so great with others. Sometimes we want to vent with others that LOVE theater too."

Well, it's fine if someone wants to chat about our mutual love of Broadway, except this poster is asking for pity:

"Can't anyone feel bad for anyone here!"

Pity for someone else because they couldn't see a show is not a mutual love of Broadway fans. In fact, it happens to many people everyday. Many people can't even afford to go see a Broadway show. Why should I feel pity for someone who had great drinks, a great meal, couldn't see a show, but went to the Mamma Mia film instead?

"Light the candles! Get the ice out! Roll the rug up, it's today!"

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#22re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 1:00pm

I feel sorry for you! As soon as I read only the first post, I thought, damn, what would I do. I would be devastated if the show I went to see was canceled.
Sorry for your bad day, I hope it never happens again.

Trekkie2
#23re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 1:03pm

I'd agree with you sally, but Grease? He's better off having missed it.

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell

Elphabatize Profile Photo
Elphabatize
#24re: The reason why I am so mad!!!! :(
Posted: 9/1/08 at 1:05pm

Boo!! That sucks! Although I don't share in the Grease love, I can definitely share in the whole experience of seeing a live show love.

I live in Toronto so every time I go to NYC, I try to make the most out of it so if I had tickets and the show was canceled, I would be pissed too.

I had a trip planned back in December 2007, I had this trip literally planned for months and when the strike happened I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to see some of the shows I was really looking forward to. Luckily the strike ended before my trip! :) Updated On: 9/1/08 at 01:05 PM

Videos