pixeltracker

Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?

Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?

defyinggravity42694 Profile Photo
defyinggravity42694
#1Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 10:10pm

I know the show didn't appeal to everyone in Las Vegas, but that's Vegas, I would love to see it on Broadway. Anyone else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYcuyXLrhUo

Goodbye
Updated On: 9/18/08 at 10:10 PM

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#2re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 10:12pm

I saw it in London. It's kind of a mess, and I am a huge Queen fan. We Will Rock You...did not rock me.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
Erin1980 Profile Photo
Erin1980
#3re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 10:13pm

Nope.
Course, you could always look forward to "Rock Of Ages" for a hearty serving of Constantine Maroulis.

It's a damn fine day to tell the truth!

defyinggravity42694 Profile Photo
defyinggravity42694
#4re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 10:15pm

It just announced it closing in London, but as far as the West End goes it would have had a long run.

Goodbye

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#5re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 10:17pm

Only if Tony Vincent was in it and even then I'd rather see him in something better.

Little-Lotte Profile Photo
Little-Lotte
#6re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 10:18pm

Eh, not really. Honestly only if Drew Sarich starred (I know I mention him a lot but it would be amazing to hear him sing those songs) then I'd be interested otherwise not so much.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#7re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 10:21pm

I do LOVE the CD. I haven't seen the show at all, so I don't know how bad it is.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#8re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 10:53pm

You know how Xanadu is wildly camp and lots of fun? We Will Rock You is even more camp, but a whole lot less fun.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#9re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 10:53pm

LOL

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

Josh Freilich
#10re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 10:54pm

I think it would be better at Carnegie Hall in concert form. No lie.

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#11re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 10:56pm

That would be very interesting

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#12re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 10:57pm

Aren't they making a sequal?

FindingNamo
#13re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 10:59pm

Just looking at the statue outside the theater in Toronto was bad enough. So I vote no.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#14re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 11:15pm

By the way, it's not closing in London. I think you're looking at an article from 2006 on your West End thread about this, which ultimately was called off.

I saw the show March of '03, the music sounded really great, and some fun jokes, but in all it was really a shut-your-brain-off that the door type of show. I shut it off, and I enjoyed the show! I wasn't the only one, everyone loved it, so it must have connected to a lot of people to last six and a half years!

As a full-out Broadway production? No. But I could maybe see it as a staged concert version, as Josh mentioned.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
Updated On: 9/18/08 at 11:15 PM

tkts
#15re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 11:30pm

Ummmm....no...saw it in Vegas...may it never see the light of day again.

Cake or death?

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#16re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 11:37pm

No

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#17re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 11:48pm

IT WAS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF SH*T EVER!!!

First of all, courtesy of the internet, let's remind all of those how the critics received it in London: London's critics almost uniformly panned the show, criticising the concept and direction. The Guardian wrote that the premise "really is as sixth form as it sounds", called the production "ruthlessly packaged and manufactured" and opined that the "sometimes funny" libretto exists mainly to "devise more unlikely ways to wring out another Queen song."[3] The Daily Mirror wrote that "Ben Elton should be shot for this risible story."

The music (and performances) were absolutely fabulous. I loved the new arrangements and the singing was stunning. But the show, as a whole, SUCKED BIG TIME! The book was terrible. And you don't even need to know the material... just go check out the premise. It's enough to make you cringe. Ugh.

JeaniusIsMe Profile Photo
JeaniusIsMe
#18re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/19/08 at 12:03am

Personally, nope. One of the most poorly written shows I've ever seen. It makes Mama Mia look like Shakespeare. It should stay in Vegas.

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#19re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/19/08 at 12:58pm

Only if Tony Vincent was in it and even then I'd rather see him in something better.

<------------ agrees.

Tony rocked the score, but the show itself was a mess. Definitely more of a Vegas show than a Bway show, and it definitely wasn't a hit there (at least not the performance I saw, which was maybe 40% full).

Eponine3
#20re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/19/08 at 1:00pm

I saw WWRY in Vegas with Tony Vincent and thought it was fun... Just like one of the previous posters said it is a "shut you brain off" kind of show.. just go in there and enjoy yourself and not think about it to much.

I don't know how well it would do on Broadway because it is just campy and fun and seems works better in the kind of glitzy.. over the top .. atmosphere of Vegas.. I am sad that it closed there but I am glad I go to see it before it did.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#21re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/19/08 at 1:47pm

Nope.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#22re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/19/08 at 1:53pm

A pile of maggoty dog crap for brain-dead tools who thought MAMMA MIA was too arty.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#23re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/19/08 at 2:20pm

Unless there's a complete overhaul of the book, then no. I saw it in Toronto and thought it was complete rubbish. We have enough garbage on Broadway as it is.

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#24re: Would anyone else love for We Will Rock You to come to Broadway?
Posted: 9/19/08 at 2:24pm

An overhaul of the book won't fix it. The entire PREMISE needs to be fixed...

Videos