-Carols for a Cure Vol. 8
-Broadway Bares: New York Strip DVD
-Spelling Bee drawstring backpack/t-shirt from their run at 2nd Stage
-Picture with Andrew Keenan-Bolger

sweeneynut Profile Photo
sweeneynut
#76re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 11:46pm

Thanks Viola. Aaargh, they sold her bag? I was talking to Michael McDonald and he told me it was her bag...but not that he was selling it. Do you know how much it went for, or is that asking too much?

"My muffin top is all that/whole grain and low-fat/I know you want a piece of that/But I just wanna dance!"

Whispering
#77re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 11:47pm

Last years snow globe (heavy)
Last years playbill book. could not find this years - where was it?
Playbills from plays I saw as a child and don't know where they went.
Christmas ornaments
Christmas cards
Signed poster
Chances on High school musical tickets (My 8 year old nephew LOVES high school musical)
Bought chances on 6 plays
tote bags to carry stuff -
food (always food)
I bid on some things in the live auctions, but was always out bid.
My back and feet hurt now and I have friends that are asking why I did not buy extra snowglobes for them. What do they weigh, 30 pounds or something? I should not have bought that first.

This was my first time there. It won't be my last time. I will be back.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#78re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 11:48pm

2007-2008 Playbill Yearbook $20
Dance of the Vampires souvenir program $18
Bobbi Boland playbill $3

viola13
#79re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 11:57pm

Michael kept telling people he wasn't going to sell it, because it was going to Broadway, but after enough people kept asking, he decided he could just make another one, and starting price was $200. I left at that point, so I have no idea if someone actually paid that much, if the price dropped, or if it wasn't sold.

Marissa2 Profile Photo
Marissa2
#80re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 12:07am

-Won 2 tickets to 39 Steps! I don't win anything EVER, so I was quite excited.. even though there's a very slim chance I'll actually be able to use them.
-Rent slider- Todd Pettiford
-Rent sign-in sheet from the week that I first saw the show and a candle
-T-shirts- Beauty & The Beast, Wicked
-Signed Hairspray can
-Playbills: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels OBC, The Apple Tree, Hair (from the summer), and High Fidelity

All of that for $54. It was my first time there, and it was so much fun! I wish I could have found some of the stuff you guys found, but I'm happy with what I bought.
Updated On: 9/22/08 at 12:07 AM

sweeneynut Profile Photo
sweeneynut
#81re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 12:10am

Haha, thanks. I feel a lot better now, since I only had $200 on me and I certainly didn't have it when I was done...

"My muffin top is all that/whole grain and low-fat/I know you want a piece of that/But I just wanna dance!"

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#82re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 12:15am

I didn't really buy much merch. I don't have a lot of room where I am right now and just don't have many places to keep stuff. And unless it's something super, duper special some of the merch doesn't mean much to me. A playbill for a show I never saw doesn't have the same meaning for me as one I saw and have great memories of. I did get the "I'm Alive" Xanadu button as well Seth's "Broadway Night's" book. He was there when I bought it and when he asked for my name I said "Kristin" which I, of course, had to spell. When I did he said "Cheno style!" and he actually wrote that in the book. Gotta love Seth.

"Did anyone buy the "Seth's Broadway Chatterbox" dvd's?"

I had every intention to but there wasn't a huge selection and the ones I, specifically wanted, weren't there. It seemed he only had more recent stuff like the [tos] gang and such. Stuff we've been waiting for since 2007 wasn't there.

I also bought the Max Crumm marquee poster for my friend's birthday. She's the fan Max singled out in the video he and Laura did for Broadway.com right before they left Grease. Max and Laura were asking each other questions about their year in the show and Laura asked Max about his favorite fan encounter. He said my friend so I thought this would be the perfect Birthday/Christmas/Valentine's Day/Easter/everything else gift for her. I'd have to think there'd be no one else Max would want to have it.

But talk about being a total PITA to carry. I had to take to Penn Station and then on the train and then get it into my car.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#83re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 12:22am

I think I saw a sketch for the woman who played Claude's mother. I'm running on little sleep, so her name is escaping me right now.

RentBoy86
#84re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 12:39am

Wow! This sounds so great! I wish I had known about it in advance, or else I totally would have went! Is it always around this time every year? ugh, I wish I had gone.

If anyone won tickets, but can't go, and wants to give them away, just let me know! Ha. Sorry, shameless plug.

xoangel2789xo
#85re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 2:08am

Dang I regret not going now. I didn't realize there were affordable things there.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#86re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 2:50am

I had a blast once again and got some amazing memorabilia for a great cause!

-"She Loves Me" revival cast signed windowcard. Boyd Gaines acknowledged that it's pretty rare and that he himself doesn't even have it! ($20!!)
-2 "Lion King" Julie Taymor limited-edition costume renderings ($10 ea.)
-"La Cage aux Folles" Original Broadway, satin, cast jacket ($10!!)
-"Rags" cast duffel bag. I was so excited, because "Rags is one of my favorite flops! ($15)
-"Dear World" Angela Lansbury-signed Playbill, sold to me by the show's original dance captain! ($15).
-"Sweeney Todd" revival cast recording from Stephen Sondheim's personal collection, signed by Mr. Sondheim! ($30)
-"Gypsy"- Broadway Mama Roses sketch ($20).
-"Spelling Bee" knit hat ($5).
-"Wedding Singer" T-Shirt ($10).
-"West Side Story" magnet (50 cents).
-"Cry Baby" magnet (25 cents).
-"Curtains" keychain (50 cents)
-"I Could Have Sung All Night" by Marni Nixon ($1).
-Original "Cabaret" Playbill which still contains the insert for Lotte Lenya's understudy ($1).
-"A Chorus Line" sweatband ($1).
-"Beauty and the Beast" poster (Free).
-New York Musical Theater Festival tote (Free).

-"Full Monty" windowcard ($5), which I had signed by Patrick Wilson.
-Had my [title of show] windowcard signed by the cast, plus Larry and Michael.
-Equus windowcard signed by Daniel and Richard the evening before the flea market.

Pictures with Patrick Wilson, Mario Cantone, and Marian Seldes.

It was a wonderful day filled with wonderful mementos and wonderful people. Plus, the [tos] cast was totally jealous of my vintage "Camelot" shirt and "Rags" bag. re: So what did we all buy?

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

DefyGravity777
#87re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 3:42am

I was there but I didn't buy a thing. I'm broke re: So what did we all buy?. My friend got her pic taken with the green baby and with Lindsay Northen,Chelsea Krombach,Heather Spore and Jonathon Warren from Wicked. She also won the walk on role at the grand auction :).

All I did was talk to Lindsay Northen and Julie Reiber at the Wicked table.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

Zeitoujo
#88re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 7:20am

Ahh I'm so jealous! I didn't get to go re: So what did we all buy?
Were all playbills just 50 CENTS?

btw: what did "Gypsy" have?

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

coolkid11776
#89re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 7:28am

I have tickets for Forbidden Broadway & Awesome 80's prom that I am looking to trade for other shows

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

mattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
#90re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 7:44am

I had a great time working the Phantom table. I guess I saw a lot of you guys there. I was able to get around once and got all my BC/EFA event dvds, some scripts and playbills, and a broadway bares t-shirt and mug.

Call me crazy, but did anyone else see Elizabeth Edwards walking around? I am 99.9% sure I saw her.

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#91re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 8:14am

Junes letter to Momma
Sweeney Tood Revival opening night gift pie plate
In the Heights Demo CD
Sweeney Todd at Lincoln Center program
Grey Gardens- Mary Louis Wilson's crocheted cat frame
Little Edie Paper Dolls
Grey Gardens Script

....a few other little things that I can't recall right now.

In total, I spent around $130.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#92re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 9:38am

Were all playbills just 50 CENTS?

It depended on the table.

One table was selling Playbills five for $1.00.

Other tables were doing three for $1.00 or two for $1.00.

Others were $1.00 per Playbill, or $2.00 or $3.00 per Playbill.

There were boxes and boxes of old Playbills. So cool. I found so many neat ones.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Marissa2 Profile Photo
Marissa2
#93re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 9:49am

I got my Playbills at a table where they were all 10 cents each.

notabb
#94re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 9:57am

dvs of PAMELAS FIRST MUSICAL , GYPSY OF THE YEAR and EASTER BONNET

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Mistress_Spouzic
#95re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 10:01am

I spent $120 total and came home with...

Pirate Queen Program & keychains
Wedding Singer Bway Program, Tour Program, and 2 tshirts
2 Whistle down the wind tshirts and a keychain
Grey Gardens, Ring of Fire and Bway Kids Care keychains
Avenue Q, Spelling Bee, Joseph..Dreamcoat, Boeing Boeing, and Martin Short programs
Coram Boy novel
Urinetown(2), Legally Blonde (2), Evita, S. Pacific(signed) cds
Rent candle
Bway Bares braided rope
History Boys, Absurd Person Singular, and S. Pacific(signed) playbills
Peter Pan, Lady & the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty Disney Classic VHSs
Legally Blonde tissues
A hairspray baseball cap signed by the current Tracy
Tickets to Forbidden Broadway
and some kind of green candle holder that I liked.

I think thats everything...
Updated On: 9/22/08 at 10:01 AM

BNN
#96re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 10:05am

Did the Gypsy table set up later because I was there until 2 and I saw nothing that resembled a Gypsy table and after hearing about all the cool stuff I'm very disapointed I didn't see it.

Tick Tock

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#97re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 10:11am

In the Heights libretto.

Did anyone buy any of the Bares costumes? I really really wanted to get a pair of butterfly wings, but managed to talk myself out of it.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#98re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 10:16am

no, the Gypsy table was set up in the morning; they were right in front of the St. James. when I was there, at around 11, Marilyn Caskey was one of the people working (although there was a hysterical guy who kept trying to convince people to bid on Patti's autographed shoes by telling them that if there was a big gay in their life, this is what they'd want).

but I didn't see that they had blueberry pie, which is so clever. haha

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Elphie3 Profile Photo
Elphie3
#99re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 10:17am

A BUNCH of poster frames

Original 1956 Damn Yankees Playbill (YAY!)

Playbills from: Once on This Island, Steel Pier, The original: Carnival, Caretaker, and Forum

Original sheet music (you know, the kind with the pretty cover) to "If I Loved You" and "I've Got Rhythm."

Madame Morrible: "So you take the chicken, now it must be a white chicken. The corpse can be any color. And that is the spell for lost luggage!" - The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken