So what did we all buy?

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#100re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 10:17am

BNN, the GYPSY table was there before 2PM. Because I left at 1PM, and spent plenty of time at the GYPSY table beforehand.

Laura Benanti's standby and another cast member were working the table.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#101re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 10:21am

and someone is already selling things they bought at the Gypsy table on ebay for way more than they paid.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#102re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 10:23am

Window Cards-
Salome w/ Pacino ($5)
The Fantasticks (original) ($1)
Sunday in the Park (revival) ($6)
Cyrano ($2)
The Goat... I bought it for $1, then went over and had Edward Albee sign it for $5. He looked shocked when he saw it and said "So, where do you want me to ruin it)

CDs-
Kiss me Kate (revival) ($2)
Bright Lights, Big City ($5)
The Color Purple ($2, and it will be a gift to someone, once I rip it)
Jacques Brel (original) ($3)
Barnum ($3)
Anthony Warlow: Centre Stage ($3)

Cassette Tapes (because I have an old car)-
Marry Me a Little ($3)
Angela Lansbury in Gypsy (50 CENTS!)
South Pacific (with Mandy Patinkin as Cable- $3)

Other Stuff-
Book: Plays from the Vineyard Theatre- $2, a great buy
An American Theatre Wing/Tony Awards tote bag ($2 and came with an American Theatre Wing pin and mug)

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#103re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 12:10pm

Mistress, did the rent candles' price go down, or did you cave?

I wasn't as interested in what they had to offer as I was in previous years, in fact, I went to the TKTS booth, which I vowed to avoid after getting nothing last year, just because of lack of interest in buying much else. But I ended up with more than I thought through the end-of-the-day drops in prices, but still ended up spending about $60, whereas I usually spend about $100.

But couldn't find my goal of the day -- an original West Side Story playbill. I got there at about 10:15, went through every 1957 bin I could find, but didn't find it re: So what did we all buy?

So I got:

-2007 Gypsy of the Year (which apparently features interviews with the original WSS cast, cannot wait to watch!)
-spent $20 at the TKTS booth, got tickets for Kindness and Gazillion Bubble Show (which through trades I miraculously turned into Avenue Q)
-Rent candle
-Avenue Q Vegas program for $5
-Tale of Two Cities Opening Night Paperweight for $5
-CD of current Broadway songs for $2
-2005 Tony poster for $1
-A board game about finding fame for free
-A Chorus Line water bottle for free
-A Carnegie Hall South Pacific poster for free

And earlier, someone got me a gift of the original cast Rent windowcard -- was very excited about that.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Mistress_Spouzic
#104re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 12:29pm

the candle was $2 when I picked it up, down from $5.

fosca3 Profile Photo
fosca3
#105re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 1:23pm

My prize of the day was the breakfast tray from THE SEAFARER, signed by the whole cast, with a little snack-size box of Cocoa Pops (from the UK), also signed by the whole cast, tied to it with a ribbon. I think I got it at the Actors Equity stand. WAY more than I wanted to spend. But hey, you only live once

And I got a yearbook
A THREEPENNY OPERA Playbill autographed by the whole cast
A wonderful SOUTH PACIFIC CD from the National Theatre (with Philip Quast) for $5
A Souvenir Program from STONES IN HIS POCKETS with Conleth Hill (it's from Ireland or the UK)
A couple nice older Shakespeare commentary books

I was my first time, and I had a blast

Jordan Girl -- I'm very jealous of your THE DEAD window card -- I wish I'd seen it first!

I spent the day looking for a FAITH HEALER window card. I never did find one....

A question --

When I first got there, there were a bunch of costume-y things on a table at the 44th St end of Shubert Alley. There was a huge bagel-hat that tied with salmon-colored silk (that looked like lox). I assumed it was a table to dress up and get your picture taken, then later I saw a guy walking down the street wearing the giant bagel hat

What table was that, and was ALL that stuff for sale????????

Does anyone know how much the bagel hat was, or what it was a prop FROM? I can't stop thinking about it, I wish it was mine

You don't go to the dragon without a present - Mark Rylance
Updated On: 9/22/08 at 01:23 PM

ashley0139
#106re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 1:56pm

From the location and description of the table it sounds like the Broadway Bares table. But I don't remember a bagel hat in the show.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#107re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 2:02pm

Fosca, I think that was the Broadway Bares table. I saw a guy walking past the Majestic later in the day wearing the butterfly wings.
I saw Chris March (from Project Runway) hanging out by that table when I walked past. I was wondering if he worked on any of those costumes.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

NJgirl
#108re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 2:23pm

The bagel hat was from the BARES table. Someone inquired about it while I was at their table. It was used in the NY Strip edition of Bares.

fosca3 Profile Photo
fosca3
#109re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 3:25pm

Thanks for all the replies!

It sounds like all those WONDERFUL things were for sale...

I should have asked, instead of just assuming they weren't

Does anyone know if those sorts of things were very expensive?

I'm going there FIRST THING next year (even tho there will NEVER be another Bagel Hat)

You don't go to the dragon without a present - Mark Rylance

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#110re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 6:26pm

I wish I lived in NY to go. I would have bought so much stuff. Is anyone intrested by any chance in selling their Passing Strange Script? I know its doubtful but I wanted to ask anyway.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#111re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 6:44pm

The Leading Men III DVD-$25
2008 Easter Bonnet DVD-$25
Playbill Broadway Yearbook-$20
Sunday in the Park with George (Revival) Souvenir Program-$10
Wicked T-Shirt-$2.50
Spelling Bee T-Shirt-$2.50
Spring Awakening Understudy Slip Notepad-$2.50
Broadway Cares Ornament-$5.00
Snoopy Playbill-$1.00
And a couple of CDs and some rice krispie treats from the [title of show] table for $1.00

I also got to meet/have conversations with some pretty cool people. My favorites were Susan Blackwell and Laura Benanti, who both took the time to actually have a short conversation with me and couldn't have been nicer about it.

It was a great day!!!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#112re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 7:11pm

fosca3, when I got there at 9:45am, there was a FAITH HEALER window card for $1.00 at the Triton Gallery table.

Someone must have bought it before you got there.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#113re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 10:32pm

I didn't do as well as I did last year (last year I was most excited to find a framed Secret Garden windowcard for $20), but at least I didn't spend too much money. Here's what I got:

I won:
~Tickets to The Seagull (well, I won tickets to Hairspray but traded with someone) - $5 spent on raffle
I bought:
~A Rock 'N' Roll t-shirt for $10
~A Boeing Boeing souvenir program for $10
~A Wayside Stories book and DVD for my classroom for $5
~A windowcard frame for $10

Not bad I guess. The tickets excited me most.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#114re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 11:09pm

-signed opening night playbills from August: Osage County, The Little Dog Laughed, Gypsy, Is He Dead?, and Mauritius ($40)
-signed Cry Baby playbill ($1)
-CD's of Face the Music($5), Annie (signed by lyricist)($20), Sessions ($5)
-Spelling Bee CD, shirt, poster, hat, program. Wicked shirt. Wedding Singer and Martin Short programs ($10)
-Sunday in the Park revival program ($5 with cupcake)
-signed South Pacific sailor hat ($20)
-All of the Grey Gardens pins and keychain ($1)
-5 spins on wheel game and won tickets to My first Time ($10)
-Let Me Entertain You Sheet Music ($2)
-Original and Martin Short The Producers programs ($2)
-Avenue Q congratulation letters from Phantom, Raisin in the Sun, and Fiddler signed by casts with 2 ave Q pins ($5)
-Playbill Yearbook with totebag ($20)
-Windowcards of Journey's End, Mauritius, and Bridge and Tunnel ($5)
-Sex & the City Poster ($20)
-A Chorus Line headband and water bottle (50 cents)
and lots of other small stuff for free.
Updated On: 9/22/08 at 11:09 PM

dlass727 Profile Photo
dlass727
#115re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 8:11am

I got there a little late around 1:30 I couldn't get near the playbill boxes. There were a couple I wanted to look for but didn't get a chance. Anyway, here is what I bought:

Broadway mousepad $5
Gypsy of the Year dvd $25 from the Broadway Beat table
Autographed Wicked window card and then had it framed- a gift for my roomate $65
I also won 2 tix to 50 Words on 9/30 spent like $15 on the TDF tickets to get them. Overall, I had a good time but I will definately get there earlier next year.

Upcoming shows:

coolkid11776
#116re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 8:48am

Anyone want to trade tix? For FB andor awesome 80's prom?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

Yankeefan007
#117re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 9:06am

I already told you I'd take your tix.

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#118re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 9:47am

wow, it was a good year.

-3 Wicked tshirts
-Whoopi/Forum tshirt
-2006 Carols For a Cure cd
-Slings and Arrows (complete series) DVDs
-National Treasure dvd
-free Wicked stickers
-Tale of Two Cities window card

and my find of the day was the stage manger's script of Man of La Mancha for $10 (i'm an aspiring stage manager. great to look over.)

there was a paint palette from Is He Dead signed by the entire cast that was selling for $200. A) didn;t have the money and B) little too expensive. Was hoping they were going to lower it, but I had to leave at 2:30

and whoever got the Is He Dead giant poster: JEALOUS!!!!

I heard that they were selling rough cds sung by the out of town tryout of Tale of Two Cities. Does anyone have one?

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

Eloise
#119re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:22pm

It was a light year for me...

Nothing Like a Dame Greatest Hits DVD - $25
Broadway Bares 2006 (NY Strip) DVD - $10
A Chorus Line souvenir program signed by d'Amboise and Berresse - $20
a Dancin' 2009 black fleece throw - $10
Monty Python Live "signed" playbill - $10
Wedding singer program and Casualty of Love t-shirt - $3
Two cheesy bunnies at the [tos] table - $1
and about $25 worth of various raffle and TKTS grab-bag tickets, apparently none of which I won.

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#120re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 6:12pm

dre the is he dead pallet did go down, my friend bought it around 6:30 for $50

EnWashingtonHeights Profile Photo
EnWashingtonHeights
#121re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/23/08 at 9:12pm

In the Heights Demo CD

What is it like? -Musicalmaster703

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#122re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/24/08 at 2:32am

omg! the.hard.part, are you serious? they told me they wouldn't sell it under $150. But then again that was at about 2pm. that really sucks.

thanks for letting me know though.

damn college. Next year, thank god, I can be there till the very end. :)

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~