Battery's Down Episode 9

koolaid mustache Profile Photo
koolaid mustache
#1Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 2:43pm

I thought it was the best episode to date!

Although i am not the biggest fan, I thought this one was well done!

thoughts?

Part 1

25 shows in 14 days folks, anything is possible!
Updated On: 10/1/08 at 02:43 PM

ismellatony
#2re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 2:47pm

This was an amazing episode. The amount of work and creativity that goes into these amazes me everytime... animated hallucinations!?! Genius.

Here's to much more TBD in the future!

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 3:01pm

Cute! I was actually walking by when they were doing the voter reg part...but I didn't see myself. When I saw that I was like "I totally remember seeing some people doing what looked like voter registration the other night." But who it was didn't click at the time. Too funny!

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

clever name Profile Photo
clever name
#3re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 3:04pm

This was the last episode,I think. I'm going to miss this series. Good luck to Jake and the rest!

PSLove302 Profile Photo
PSLove302
#4re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 3:12pm

it's the end of the season. not the end of the series. depending on what happens with Jake's future jobs, we could be seeing ANOTHER season.

"I don't see that many plays, and for me, musicals are rarely pleasing. I feel the actors are being put through a kind of nightmarish labor. They're like animals being forced to pull heavy carts of vegetables at incredible speeds." --- Wallace Shawn

BroadwayWNY
#5re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 4:02pm

Loved the closing number!

Sondheim_Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim_Geek
#6re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 4:09pm

I thought that this was the second best episode of the season, with the first best being the premiere (in January). It kind of lost its track in the middle, but finished strong. Guest stars were great for the finale as well, especially miss ripley.

glitterandjazzhands Profile Photo
glitterandjazzhands
#7re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 4:23pm

Why does it keep saying this video is no longer available for me???? Stupid computer...

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#8re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 4:25pm

The closing number was just a rehash/reprise of the first song in the series which would have been fine if they made it better or something, but they didn't. I'm just not a fan of this thing. Only the guest stars. Now that Clay is out I hope Jake can find his way out of his closet, maybe get a kid and find something better to do with his time.

ismellatony
#9re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 4:29pm

seriously...rude rude rude.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#10re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 6:10pm

That was a great episode. C'mon, Alice Ripley as a fairy...amazing!

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

ejgirls89
#11re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 6:35pm

love love loved this episode...i heard about it, but it didnt qualify to how good it was!! loved when dani nina and cortney cartoons appeared haha

--jen--

PSLove302 Profile Photo
PSLove302
#12re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 7:14pm

CATYSNY - you need to get a guy first! Maybe then you can find something better to do then being an obnoxious little twerp on this board.

go get laid.

"I don't see that many plays, and for me, musicals are rarely pleasing. I feel the actors are being put through a kind of nightmarish labor. They're like animals being forced to pull heavy carts of vegetables at incredible speeds." --- Wallace Shawn

CATSNYrevival
#13re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 7:17pm

Classy.

PSLove302 Profile Photo
PSLove302
#14re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 7:20pm

Yeah!

Wish I could say the same about your post in regards to Jake's homosexuality.

My partner's best friend dated Jake so she introduced us. Jake is such a sweet guy and really driven.

Who cares what he is???

He's dated girls. But I'm also guessing he has expieremented before.

Does his sexuality have anything to do with THIS???

No. So stop and go away... you closet queenie.

Updated On: 10/1/08 at 07:20 PM

ejgirls89
#15re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 7:25pm

who cares if hes gay or not hes brilliant (and so is andrew for editing it!)

--jen--

CATSNYrevival
#16re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 7:58pm

Closet queenie? At least we're staying on topic.

bwaychae5192 Profile Photo
bwaychae5192
#17re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 8:13pm

I sense wishful thinking on CATS's behalf...

This was just... OMG! I was freaking out the whole time! And "This is Your Life (Reprise)" is grand.

They are SO talented.

SPOILER:

Since Jake (the character) is in Roller Coaster Highway now, does this mean more Cheyenne Jackson next season? I mean, he DID get the lead role in episode 3. =]

Every living soul has got a voice - you've got to give it room and let it sing.

CATSNYrevival
#18re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 8:25pm

No. If we're going to go there I wouldn't want to be with someone who seemed so ashamed of being who he is. If he is, in fact, straight I feel really bad for him because the show doesn't seem to showcase any ability on his behalf to be able to play straight and I imagine it must be difficult for casting directors having to only ever consider him for gay roles. If he isn't gay it just makes it all the more bizarre.

PSLove302 Profile Photo
PSLove302
#19re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/1/08 at 9:26pm

Why does it matter???

You are talking out of pure bitter jealousy.

Go make your own damn YouTube Show.

BumbleWumble
#20re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/2/08 at 1:03am

OK, if someone on here is calling Jake Wilson brilliant, then I know it's the end of musical theatre as we know it. For the record, I think it's cool that they made the series, and yes, they put a lot of work into it, but it is unwatchable most of the time. Kudos for putting yourself out there, but "brilliant" it is not.

HRman
#21re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/2/08 at 11:39am

This episode made me so proud of those guys. Not every episode was my favorite but if you look at their growth over the season, it is pretty remarkable. Watch the first couple, I'd forgotten how drastic the differences were in quality and production.
These guys had no experience at all in film making and somehow managed to pull off an entire series, with intricate musical numbers no less. I think regardless of how much you enjoyed the show or jake himself, he did make history as being the first person (to my knowledge) to pull of an entire musical online series. He brought NY musical theater to the computers of people across the US, and to that I say Bravo!
Updated On: 10/2/08 at 11:39 AM

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#22re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/2/08 at 12:13pm

Very well said HRman.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

jennyish Profile Photo
jennyish
#23re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/2/08 at 12:36pm

It's a cute idea with a bunch of funny moments, but I can't fathom how it picked up a fan following.

I chose, and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken. The choosing was not.

ejgirls89
#24re: Battery's Down Episode 9
Posted: 10/2/08 at 12:38pm

i use brilliant as another term for hilarious..im sorry if you dont agree, but thats my opinion.

--jen--

Videos