pixeltracker

"High mercury levels" force Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW- Page 3

"High mercury levels" force Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW

Chrysanthemum62001
#50re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/17/08 at 9:37pm

I LOVE the idea of Liev stepping in. He's probably too busy right now though. I can't imagine him and Raul Esparza. That would be truly magnetic.

I seriously hope this isn't just an easy out for Jeremy Piven, cause I've had loads of respect for him in the past. But I do think he can be easily replaced.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#51re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/17/08 at 9:49pm

hehehe...here's the website of the crackpot quack who gave the producers Jeremy's "mercury" diagnosis.

HYSTERICAL!
Dr. Carlon is Here!

bestinshow2 Profile Photo
bestinshow2
#52re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/17/08 at 10:00pm

From "Dr." Carlon's website:

EDUCATION

Doctor of Medicine, Sackler School of Medicine, New York, New York.

Sackler School of Medicine is in Tel Aviv:

http://med.tau.ac.il/ny/the_school.htm

"My name's Lenny. What's yours?"

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#53re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/17/08 at 10:04pm

I wonder how much that "diagnosis" cost Piven's handlers?

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.
Updated On: 12/17/08 at 10:04 PM

A Director
#54re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/17/08 at 10:10pm

I just love internet gossip. Corine2, you're a fourth-rater hanging around the fringes of theatre. PalJoey, you'll be laughing a different tune when the biggest bomb of the season opens tomorrow night at Studio 54.

Chrysanthemum62001
#54re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?

This is looking less legit by the minute.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

wonkit
#56re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?

If that doctor practices at Greenwich Hospital, he isn't a leader in the field. Most doctors will say what they are paid to say anyway -read some disability insurance cases, and find out!

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#57re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/17/08 at 10:32pm

It was suspect the moment it was announced. And Mamet's comment just proves that. You have to know that he didn't believe that outrageous excuse for one millisecond.

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

Yankeefan007
#58re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/17/08 at 10:38pm

According to the other board, Piven has some "demons" that he's left the production to deal with.

Make of that as you will.

wonkit
#59re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/17/08 at 10:55pm

You mean he's pregnant?

masb19872
#60re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/17/08 at 11:01pm

Nah, he's caught teh gay.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#61re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/17/08 at 11:03pm

How to get out of a Broadway musical: Foot Injury
How to get out of a Broadway Play: Mercury Poisoning

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#62re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/17/08 at 11:13pm

First they turned Raul gay.

Then Raul turned Jeremy gay.

It's contagious, I tell you!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#63re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/17/08 at 11:20pm

Maybe his hairpiece is made out of Tuna.

Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

masb19872
#64re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/17/08 at 11:21pm

Don't forget Clay! re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely? Who's next? Daniel Radcliffe?

iluvtheatertrash
#65re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/17/08 at 11:37pm

Anyone find out what these demons are?

Found out tonight from someone who worked the ASTEP benefit the over evening, that Raul Esparza was saying that Piven had "disappeared" and no one could reach him.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

bestinshow2 Profile Photo
bestinshow2
#66re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/18/08 at 12:44am

Casting thought, if it's a friend of Mamet's, it could be William H. Macy, co-founder of The Atlantic.

"My name's Lenny. What's yours?"

Ole Chum
#67re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/18/08 at 12:52am

no idea what happened to Piven but the Sackler school of Medicine is a perfectly reputable institution in israel- many of the city's best doctors have degrees from there...

MyLife
#68re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/18/08 at 12:58am

I was at the show this afternoon, and people were angry!! Understudy was great though. Unfortunately, most people came to theater to see a star and not see art

RentBoy86
#69re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/18/08 at 1:04am

The play sucked, so I don't blame him. If the replacement is good, I just might give the play a second chance, but I honestly don't get the hoop-la for it. Raul was alright, but he didn't "steal the show" for me - there was no show to steal. I literally was confused when they came out for the curtain call. I thought "This can't be it. It must be intermission." Nope. Sad.

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#70re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/18/08 at 1:07am

Though I would have loved the chance to see Piven, I'm really excited to see who they get to replace him. Mamet's comments make me rather hopeful.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#71re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/18/08 at 1:40am

Mamet's comment is so funny. I love the comments in this thread as well.

We'll just have to see what happens in the next few weeks. If Piven starts filming Entourage again like nothing's wrong we all will know it was a serious scam.

Why can't anyone stay in their shows anymore?

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#72re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/18/08 at 2:07am

This whole thing is getting WAY out of hand.

Ole Chum
#73re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/18/08 at 2:18am

if he has "issues" to work out- or even if he has mercury poisoning- he could very well have made the decision to work it out now so he can go back to his lucrative, fulltime job on Entourage.

i think its interesting that after weeks of only Wed matinees to Speed the Plow being posted on TDF, suddenly a slew of dates appear...

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#74re: Piven out of SPEED-THE-PLOW indefinitely?
Posted: 12/18/08 at 6:23am

Another Account...

Jeremy Piven 'Too Sick' for Broadway

Dec. 17) - Jeremy Piven may be kissing Broadway goodbye. The 43-year-old actor, who has been out sick from his Broadway show 'Speed The Plow' since Tuesday, may be done for good. Even his rep told TMZ that "Jeremy has not been feeling well and the doctors have advised him that he should end his run in 'STP' immediately."
Celebrity Health ScaresJim Spellman, WireImage40 photos Jeremy Piven, 43, has been out sick from his Broadway show 'Speed The Plow,' since Tuesday. Sources claim he is suffering from exhaustion and is on bed rest. His rep said that "Jeremy has not been feeling well and the doctors have advised him that he should end his run in 'STP' immediately."

Piven was originally scheduled to perform throughout the show's run, which goes until Feb. 22. But he might be waving goodbye to the stage sooner than expected.
Insiders at Life & Style claim Piven is suffering from exhaustion and is on bed rest.
"He looked really gaunt, gray and tired on Sunday, so I'm not surprised. I think he's done with the show... I don't think he wants to go back unless he's contractually obligated," a source said.
Piven, who is most known for his role as competitive Hollywood agent Ari Gold on HBO's 'Entourage,' has been taking advantage of the New York nightlife and photographed partying in the meatpacking district after his shows. He even made headlines earlier this month for accidentally crashing Britney Spears' 27th-birthday party.
A rep for the Broadway show didn't immediately comment, TMZ reports.

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

Videos