pixeltracker

What Show Do You Recommend To People?

What Show Do You Recommend To People?

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#1What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:09pm

When someone asks for a recommendation what show do you tell them?

As of today I will now on for the future recommend August: Osage County. It should be seen by everyone.

And I also recommend In The Heights and Gypsy and Boeing Boeing ( What Show Do You Recommend To People? )

skb2010 Profile Photo
skb2010
#2re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:10pm

[title of show]

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I? I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

Manny2
#2re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:12pm

It really depends on the person.

If they're a person who is going for the first time to NY, and loves spectacles; Phantom or Wicked.

If they're civilised, and have seen a musical before I usually recommend a play.
Up until recently it was 'The Seagull', now it's 'Equus' and 'Speed the Plow'.

Roge
#3re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:14pm

I need to recommend Wicked because even though it is such a tourist show it's still great. And I only see shows before they close so all the ones I would recommend are gone but a few a would have are A Chorus Line, [title of show], and Legally Blonde.

skb2010 Profile Photo
skb2010
#4re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:17pm

Well, since I live in Illinois, forever away from Chicago (ok 2 hours on a good day,) I have to recommend cast albums, so [tos] works for me.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I? I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

hpeabody930
#5re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:20pm

I find myself recommending the 39 steps a lot. Mostly because its a departure from the the big splashy b'way musical, but is still an audience pleaser. I would recommend August much more, but most of the people who ask me what they should see are not that "type" of theatre goer. :)

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#6re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:22pm

Usually August: Osage County, but I have also recommended Boeing Boeing on occasion.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#7re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:22pm

Fuerzabruta, August: Osage County and Altar Boyz. I haven't been to NYC since Dec. of 2007 so I haven't seen anything that opened this past season. I think August: Osage is a must see and Fuerzabruta and Altar Boyz are a really good time.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 1/3/09 at 11:22 PM

CyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
#8re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:30pm

Avenue Q is always the first thing I blurt out

Manny2
#9re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:30pm

Fuerzabruta looked...interesting.

My friend saw it, and said that it was cooler in the promo than in person, but that it was still pretty incredible.

Apparently, "the part with the banging on the glass" was terrifying. It really does look terrifying.

LindyLee
#10re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:39pm

I know that many of yall recommended August Osage County, so we'll be seeing that when we come in April! I'm so excited to see it! We began making trips to New York once or twice a year in the summer of 2004, and we've seen so many great musicals and plays. I think I'd recommend Wicked for anyone who is going for the first time because I think it's a wonderful musical! I'd also recommend keeping up on the latest info. That's what we did and we were lucky to see Cyrano and Macbeth which weren't as highly touted to "tourists" as the big musicals.

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#11re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:39pm

well i think this should said DID! because I DID recommend Hairspray re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
nope.. no longer

louisamayfoster Profile Photo
louisamayfoster
#12re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:59pm

LOVE Boeing Boeing but it's closing, so Wicked or Jersey Boys.

Broadway Baby 2
#13re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 12:15am

Gypsy. After Gypsy closes I will recommend August.

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#14re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 12:20am

gypsy but when it closes i will recommend nothing because life will become extinct...

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#15re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 12:22am

In The Heights, August: Osage County, Jersey Boys, Lion King and Wicked.

singalongsong2 Profile Photo
singalongsong2
#16re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 2:54am

In The Heights

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#17re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 3:24am

It totally depends on the person. But right now, the best productions on Broadway are AUGUST, GYPSY, and BILLY ELLIOT.

For tourists though, WICKED is what I tend to recommend although it's obviously hard to get tickets to. Lately I've been recommending IN THE HEIGHTS to out of towners...it's easier to get tickets to and while not as flashy as WICKED, it's still a general crowd-pleaser for nearly every demographic.

Broadway212 Profile Photo
Broadway212
#18re: What Show Do You Recommend To People?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 3:27am

I used to recommend Young Frankenstein but since it's closing I will recommend Chicago it's still a great show.

Videos