pixeltracker

She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!- Page 2

She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#25re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/10/09 at 11:36pm

but she is absolutely bat sh*t crazy!

And I love it! They should really add something to the announcement along the lines of:

"No photography/poor etiquette or Miss. LuPone will personally KICK YOUR ASS!"

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

CurtisTaylorJr2 Profile Photo
CurtisTaylorJr2
#26re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/10/09 at 11:46pm

I don't blame her, flash photography is not safe and people who take pictures should be called out.
Updated On: 1/10/09 at 11:46 PM

CourtStar
#27re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/10/09 at 11:49pm

I agree that people shouldnt be taking flash photography and that it is most certainly a danger to performers on stage, but also feel that stopping in the middle of the show, yelling at the audience and then refusing to continue is extremely unprofessional. I understand that having flashes go off on you when you are up on stage trying to perform is distracting and annoying but I feel like there are probably other ways for it to be handled

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#28re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/10/09 at 11:49pm

I noticed the ushers coming down for Rose's Turn too, and this was 2 months ago.

I sort of wish I was there. I'd be terrified to be the person being Lupwned, but I kind of want to witness a live Lupwning by Patti herself.

Nicholas Clar
#29re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/10/09 at 11:50pm

I think people really dont know how dangerous it is. I was in a show and someone had took a flash pic... it was so scary! Someone also recorded and I saw a red-light...Damn is that distraccting!

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#30re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/10/09 at 11:51pm

I wish the producers would have actually recorded the show and then filmed tonight as well as tomorrow.. oh man.. to capture this would have been AMAZING!

Zeitoujo
#31re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/10/09 at 11:54pm

Wait what did she do? Stop yell and then continue?
Did she wait onstage until the audience member was removed?

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

gypsy4
#32re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/10/09 at 11:54pm

patti needs to learn to deal with that stuff. People pay good money not to see her get out of character and yell at rude audience members even though falshing objects is distracting and dangerous.

Updated On: 1/11/09 at 11:54 PM

hsrdmd
#33re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:04am

She stopped about a minute into Rose's Turn. It's true - it looked like she slipped a bit and then turned to the orchestra and screamed stop. She stopped the show for a good 4 or 5 minutes, making sure the ushers got all of the "offenders" out. She spoke to the audience about respect and "public manners". SHE WAS FURIOUS. Then she turned around, put that awful paint coat back on and said "where were we."

Londonskyguy
#34re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:05am

I was at last wednesdays matinee, ( which was great), I was sitting orchestra 4th row on the aisle and I did not see any ushers come out during Rose's Turn. In addition, I find it intersting that today on ATC there was a thread started that put down Pattis performance,, that was almost word for word as a thread started a few days ago.. People, dont hate!

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#35re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:15am

They stand on the the sides in the orchestra, London, not right in front of the stage. That would be slightly distracting. They're usually situated near the curtains on the sides.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#36re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:17am

You shouldn't be suprised that folks here also post there! But I do think that it's unprofessional of her. Not saying the audience members are right...and yes, something should be done, but not at 99.8% of the audience that did nothing wrong.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

LadyRosecoe
#37re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:17am

She did do this tonight for sure and I still think it's not her place to pull the whole show when people paid money to watch the performance. In theater, things will happen and a flash isn't as distracting as the leading lady shutting it down for 5 minutes and giving a sermon on manners.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#38re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:22am

Someone said over at ATC, she gave this audience something to remember and talk about for lifetime. I kind of agree with that.

musicalfandukie Profile Photo
musicalfandukie
#39re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:23am

I think it is important for an actor to stay in character. Stoping the show and coming out of character like that is very unperfessional and rips the audience out of the moment. When someone is getting paid as much as she is she should deal with it and try to stay in character. Why destory the show for the whole theatre?? I'm not saying it's alright to take photo's but try and deal with it and let the ushers do their job to stop it.
Updated On: 1/11/09 at 12:23 AM

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#40re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:25am

I was there. And I was not amused by her stopping the show. Let the ushers do their job.

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#41re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:27am

Ugh, Jerby, and I know you wanted to see it before it closed re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#42re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:29am

"I thought the ushers wanted to see the number"
Uh, No, they hate her as much as the crew does.
Merman is rolling over and over in her sainted grave.
What happened to the Julliard trained actress who would never break the fourth wall?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#43re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:30am

Merman was just as unliked. If not way more.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#44re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:31am

remember when part of the St. James theater fell on someone in the audience and people here complained that Patti didn't stop the show to find out what was going on? can she really never win?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#45re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:32am

Very unprofessional of LuPone, but unfortunately not surprising.

Parks
#46re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:32am

I've always wanted to be at a performance where Patti has one of her moments. It's like seeing a dog walk on its hind legs!

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

Londonskyguy
#47re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:35am

I will believe this when I see the video.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#48re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:35am

What I would give to see a LuPwning live...

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#49re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:37am

I've always wanted to be at a performance where Patti has one of her moments. It's like seeing a dog walk on its hind legs!

Me too, Parks! This is like one of those things you always read about happening, but never get to experience. Patti LuPone going ape-sh*t, the levitator not working in Defying Gravity, and on and on...

Latest Posts