pixeltracker

STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!

STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!

bubbleblonde
#2re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/24/09 at 5:30pm

She's as mediocre as she is fugly.
Emotionless rendition.
Fat.
Strained notes.
Poor tranny man.

broadwayboy101
#2re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/24/09 at 5:42pm

That was...not very good. At all.

And she seems to be getting less and less genuine every time I see her on some new talk show or performance.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#3re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/24/09 at 6:05pm

Why was it sped up so? For time's sake?

Just goes to show you how the media can affect society. They can make someone or something that is mediocre as popular as crocs.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

clever name Profile Photo
clever name
#4re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/24/09 at 6:31pm

What did the judges say about that performance?

lovesclassics
#5re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/24/09 at 7:44pm

There's a full-length version up on "that site." The judges skirted the issue, praising her and not even discussing the perf.

Truly disappointing rendition. I'm sure she was incredibly nervous, but the song didn't seem suited to her. Painful crack at the beginning, sour notes in several places, wavering voice at times, kind of bland overall. Best part was the belting.

The show's shameless hype is going to ruin the poor woman.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#6re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/24/09 at 8:52pm

Poor song choice, with the only good notes being the 'Touch me...' belted ones.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#7re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/24/09 at 10:34pm

Thankfully her 15 minutes are almost up. She was mediocre at best.

AndAllThatJazz22
#8re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/24/09 at 10:35pm

This is such an 'IN YOUR FACE' moment for me, because I never liked her.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#9re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/24/09 at 10:37pm

I never liked her either. We were told we were supposed to like her because the judges told us she was the next best thing since sliced bread.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#10re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/24/09 at 11:27pm

I'm not a fan, but I think the biggest problem here was her song choice. I think she could've done a lovely rendition of something...completely different.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

amoni Profile Photo
amoni
#11re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/25/09 at 9:11am

Gee, she just sang in front of the whole world AND will achieve her dreams of singing for The Queen. Cheers to ya Susan, and all those who achieve their dreams. Those that don't of course, bitch and moan about those that do on anonymous forums.

GIZMO2 Profile Photo
GIZMO2
#12re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/25/09 at 6:30pm

Everything about this woman is--for lack of a better word--STAGED. Even her oh-so-choppy beginning, which was clearly rehearsed.

It's another brilliant move on Simon's part. Put simply, this guy knows how to sell a performer and/or her performance. (I'd give ANYTHING to have him as my agent!)

However, the proof is in the pudding: Get this woman to B'way ASAP. There are more than enough roles that are ready to have her. (The grandmother in Billy Elliot, for starters. . . . Then maybe Abuela from In the Heights[!]) Let's see what she can do with them. I mean, can she really sing? Can she act? Can she say anything above that thick Scottish accent of hers?

Can't wait to pay good money to find out!

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#13re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/25/09 at 6:38pm

Why is this not in the off-topic board?

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

GIZMO2 Profile Photo
GIZMO2
#14re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/25/09 at 6:41pm

Because everything Susan Boyle sings comes straight from Broadway.

And whether the world likes it or not, we're once again listening to "Memory" and "I Dreamed a Dream."

chenothegood Profile Photo
chenothegood
#15re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/25/09 at 6:47pm

I love that they hacked off her eyebrows!! haha

But ya I have to agree with what people are saying... the first couple notes were bad! But really can you imagine the presure that this poor woman must be feeling? Like the "fame" that she has gained in the past couple months is crazy!! And she knows that everyone is watching! Not that that is an excuse, but just saying!

I think this was a poor song choice! I thought she was singing another song? Can't remember it now!

She reminds me so much of my grandmother!! haha They sound the exact same!

Spring Awakening 7.3.07!!, Wicked/ Rent 7.5.07!!, Legally Blonde 7.6.07!! The Color Purple 7.7.07!!, Gypsy 8.19.08!!, In the Heights/Wicked 8.20.08!!, The Little Mermaid 8.21.08!! Legally Blonde Tour 11.9.08!! Shrek 7.7.09!!, Blithe Spririt 7.8.09!!, 9 to 5 7.9.09!!, Next to Normal 7.10.09!!
Updated On: 5/25/09 at 06:47 PM

SporkGoddess
#16re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/25/09 at 6:53pm

I don't think she can play Abuela... even if she could fake a Spanish accent, I don't think people would like a non-Latina in the role.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#17re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/25/09 at 6:53pm

But every Broadway song Susan Boyle spits out of her mouth is a gift from Satan. Okay, I'm exaggerating but her performances are really nothing special. I wouldn't pay to see her.

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

brochatkid
#18re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/25/09 at 8:35pm

I see a lot of potential there, and with the right teacher, she could be very good. She was so hyped, though, and that's the biggest problem. It just made such a great story...the homely girl from the village gets her big break.

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#19re: STAGE TUBE: Susan Boyle Sings 'MEMORY' on 'TALENT' Semi-Finals!
Posted: 5/25/09 at 9:22pm

"But every Broadway song Susan Boyle spits out of her mouth is a gift from Satan."

I love it.

Oh, Amoni, Amoni, Amoni - always c*nty, always pathetic.