pixeltracker

Dolly, Elton, Liza, Stockard and Poison Join Roster of 2009 Tony Performers

Dolly, Elton, Liza, Stockard and Poison Join Roster of 2009 Tony Performers

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#2re: Dolly, Elton, Liza, Stockard and Poison Join Roster of 2009 Tony Performers
Posted: 6/2/09 at 9:25am

I'm most excited for Poison, personally.

And no, I'm not being sarcastic.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#2re: Dolly, Elton, Liza, Stockard and Poison Join Roster of 2009 Tony Performers
Posted: 6/2/09 at 9:31am

So do Billy Elliot and Rock of Ages get two performances? Will Billy perform its regular number in addition to the one with Elton? Ditto Rock of Ages and their number with Poison.

This hardly seems fair to the other nominated shows.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#3re: Dolly, Elton, Liza, Stockard and Poison Join Roster of 2009 Tony Performers
Posted: 6/2/09 at 9:47am

Hopefully Elton John will play the piano while al three boys dance to "Electricity" and then the actual musical number for BILLY ELLIOT will be "Solidarity."

This does seem like a ton of performances for a three-hour broadcast...I guess all the acceptance speeches will be very short...

VocalLizzy Profile Photo
VocalLizzy
AndAllThatJazz22
#5re: Dolly, Elton, Liza, Stockard and Poison Join Roster of 2009 Tony Perfor
Posted: 6/2/09 at 10:58am

^ Do you post about ANYTHING other than Rock of Ages?!?!?!?!

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

massofmen
#6re: Dolly, Elton, Liza, Stockard and Poison Join Roster of 2009 Tony Perfor
Posted: 6/2/09 at 12:21pm

again Adam, no one said anything about separate performances.
You are the only one. Sooooo were you there?

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#7re: Dolly, Elton, Liza, Stockard and Poison Join Roster of 2009 Tony Perfor
Posted: 6/2/09 at 12:29pm

Additional performances for the 63rd Annual Tony Awards® Telecast were announced today. Dolly Parton along with the cast of 9 to 5: The Musical; Elton John with the cast of Billy Elliot, The Musical; Liza Minnelli; Stockard Channing; and the band Poison along with the cast of Rock of Ages, will be taking the stage, joining previously announced performances by this year's Tony-nominated Best Musicals and Best Musical Revivals, including: Billy Elliot, The Musical; Guys and Dolls; HAIR; Next to Normal; Pal Joey; Rock of Ages; Shrek the Musical; and West Side Story.

Actually, it does sound as if they will get two performances.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#8re: Dolly, Elton, Liza, Stockard and Poison Join Roster of 2009 Tony Perfor
Posted: 6/2/09 at 12:55pm

They could do what Billy Joel did for Movin' Out several years ago: a short performance that led into a number from the show.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#9re: Dolly, Elton, Liza, Stockard and Poison Join Roster of 2009 Tony Perfor
Posted: 6/2/09 at 12:58pm

Hopefully this is either part of an opening montage or a section of their actual performances, otherwise giving them an entire second performance simply because they're connected to famous musicians is unfair.

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#10re: Dolly, Elton, Liza, Stockard and Poison Join Roster of 2009 Tony Perfor
Posted: 6/2/09 at 1:57pm

Since when is fair part of the Tony Awards? I mean, yes, I wish they could include all the other nominated shows like they did in 2005, but this is a show about money, marketing, and ratings. They do what they need to do and they respond to whoever flashes them the big bucks.

~Steven

esparza 333
#11re: Dolly, Elton, Liza, Stockard and Poison Join Roster of 2009 Tony Perfor
Posted: 6/2/09 at 6:00pm

So I am guessing Channing will perform Bewitched Bothered and Bewildered in a concert style performance?

Current Avatar:The sensational Aaron Tveit in the soon to be hit production of Catch Me If You Can.

AndAllThatJazz22
#12re: Dolly, Elton, Liza, Stockard and Poison Join Roster of 2009 Tony Perfor
Posted: 6/2/09 at 10:24pm

Rock Music+Mental Disease= N2N
Rock Music+Mental Disease+Celebrity= Courtney Love?

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

BlueforBroadway Profile Photo
BlueforBroadway
#13re: Dolly, Elton, Liza, Stockard and Poison Join Roster of 2009 Tony Perfor
Posted: 6/2/09 at 10:56pm

ROA will be in the opening number and also a separate performance, too. I would assume the same for Billy Elliot.

Poison at the Tonys is going to rock!

Jekyll & Hyde back on Broadway! / Rock of Ages - 5 Tony nominations! Awesome!

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#14re: Dolly, Elton, Liza, Stockard and Poison Join Roster of 2009 Tony Perfor
Posted: 6/2/09 at 10:59pm

I hate them...... SO MUCH!!

fbueller
#15re: Dolly, Elton, Liza, Stockard and Poison Join Roster of 2009 Tony Perfor
Posted: 6/3/09 at 12:51pm

I am excited to see Dolly!

She is definitely taking the high road after the way the Broadway community has treated her!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#16re: Dolly, Elton, Liza, Stockard and Poison Join Roster of 2009 Tony Perfor
Posted: 6/3/09 at 12:57pm

I am SOOOOO THRILLED that Pal Joey is performing. I loved that production so much. I hope Stockard delivers her heartbreaking "Bewitched." That would make me so happy.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello