pixeltracker

Andrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?- Page 2

Andrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#25re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 12:34am

Really?
I first had that thought when I heard Andrea sing with her daughter at SPLASH.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#26re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 12:43am

Sherie Rene Scott played Diana in the workshops? Let a brother get those tracks! I wanna hear! While I'm not sure she could fully do the acting part of it, I'm sure her voice was great.

provocation Profile Photo
provocation
#27re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 3:07am

I've heard Sherie's "I Miss the Mountains." I didn't know the context of the song or where it was from but I couldn't handle more than a minute of it.

I know, right?

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#28re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 5:10am

I have some serious doubts about Andrea being able to give as an emotionally deep performance as Ripley is giving now. I had Daphne Rubin-Vega on my mind as a possible replacement as I was seeing the show and you know who could also work with Rubin-Vega as Diana? How about Adam Pascal as Dan. Sherie Rene Scott would be great as well.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#29re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 6:38am

I can safely say after Monday night/Tuesday morning that Jen Coella should be OFF the list. *shudder* ("Ah mish tha mountainsh" NO THANK YOU!)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 6/3/09 at 06:38 AM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#30re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 6:43am

Is Pascal old enough yet? I'm not convinced he looks old enough to have 2 (well, one anyway) teenaged children.

Bwayfan39
doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#32re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 9:42am

I'd love to hear McArdle sing the role, but she is not much of an actress. The role demands more than she could deliver.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

AndAllThatJazz22
#33re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 11:23am

I would LOVE to see Sherie in the role, but I don't think she would EVER do a replacement role. I actually kind of like the idea of Adam Pascal VOCALLY, acting-wise I don't think he could handle it.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

broadwaybaby086
#34re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 12:31pm

I personally would love to see Toni Collette come back to Broadway as Diana- on hiatus from Tara or whatever...it would be a sight to behold. I think she'd kill in the role.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#35re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 1:14pm

YES! Toni Collette in anything would be fine, but she'd be great in this!

~Steven

Sondheim_Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim_Geek
#36re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 1:18pm

Julia Murney.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#37re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 1:20pm

Does Toni Collette even sing?

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#38re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 1:29pm

Toni Collette played Queenie in the Broadway production of THE WILD PARTY. She's on the cast recording, and I think she's got a great voice.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#39re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 1:33pm

Toni Collette has a great voice and is a tremendous actor. She could definitely handle the role.

~Steven

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#40re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 1:37pm

Ok, thanks. I just didn't know she could sing.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#41re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 3:25pm

I've heard Sherie in the role and really disliked it - and I'm usually a huge fan.

I may be the only one, but I'd love to see Amy Spanger come back into the role. She played Diana when the show was in NYMF and was amazing - I'll never forget her performance. Completely different than Alice's, obviously - they're totally different performers. But I'd love to see her come back into the show now that it's evolved the way it has.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#42re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 3:44pm

Ew, no Amy Spanger.
Toni Collette would be pure brilliance, and not only can she sing, she has an amazing voice, she actually has her own band and says she enjoys performing in musicals (she was in the running to play Mrs.Lovett and apparently had to turn down the chance to play Mrs.Wilkinson in BILLY ELLIOT when US OF TARA got picked up for a full season). Having said that, it's not realistic to expect her to come back to Broadway replacing someone. Maybe if there ever is a TV movie of NEXT TO NORMAL produced by Showtime or HBO she could play Diana, as she would simply be ideal in the part I believe.
I think Daphne Rubin-Vega is a realistic option, her voice is well-suited for the part and she's a tremendous actress. Andrea Burns would be great as well.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#43re: Aundrea McArdle and possible N2N replacement?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 4:14pm

Wow, I didn't know she was up for Mrs. Wilkinson. Toni Collette can do no wrong in my book and would have been brilliant in Billy Elliot.

~Steven