pixeltracker

Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?

Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?

Clopin73 Profile Photo
Clopin73
#1Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?
Posted: 6/28/09 at 6:58pm

Does anyone know if Alice will still be doing Next to Normal through the Labor Day Holiday weekend?

Also, when is Aaron Tveit expected to return to the show from his hiatus?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks BW...

Luckydave14
#2re: Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?
Posted: 6/28/09 at 7:12pm

I feel like Alice will be sticking with this show for as long as possible. She should be there Labor Day weekend. Aaron is supposed to come back right after that weekend I believe.

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#2re: Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?
Posted: 6/28/09 at 7:17pm

This show is dead after Alice leaves. The producers will do what ever they can to keep her.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#3re: Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?
Posted: 6/28/09 at 8:00pm

From what I have heard everyone is contracted through...January or February. The standard year-long thing.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#4re: Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?
Posted: 6/28/09 at 8:14pm

Yep. Everyone (except Kyle) is contracted a year from opening night.

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5re: Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?
Posted: 6/28/09 at 8:33pm

Opening night was in Mid-April.

Since Aaron was already attached to CMIYC, he arranged a shorter contract so that he could return to it once it came to NY -- so if he leaves to rehearse, he'll be gone in Feb(ish).

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#6re: Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?
Posted: 6/28/09 at 9:25pm

Alice is welcome there for as long as possible probably. She is keeping the show going and has a steady job. I expect her to be there longest.

fgreene1938 Profile Photo
fgreene1938
#7re: Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?
Posted: 6/28/09 at 9:51pm

This is Ripley's big career moment and I can't imagine she would give it up easily. I've read in several places that she and the rest of the cast (except Tveit, and we know that score) is contracted for a year. Normal should run at least until then, I think, because it's the talk of the town and Ripley's a huge drawing card right now. Unless business really tanks, this show should be sticking around. That's good news for everybody because we don't get decent original musicals like this very often these days.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#8re: Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?
Posted: 6/28/09 at 10:35pm

I suspect Ripley will be in this show as long as it runs.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#9re: Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?
Posted: 6/28/09 at 11:01pm

If N2N extends past RIpley, I am sure the producers will have their pick of talented A-listers to try the part. It may not have to close without her, if cast right.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

sipos
#10re: Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?
Posted: 6/28/09 at 11:59pm

will there be a tour of this show?

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#11re: Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?
Posted: 6/29/09 at 12:39am

There was an article recently published in the Chicago Tribune, which briefly mentioned that there are currently plans to have a mini-tour of Next to Normal.

sipos
#12re: Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?
Posted: 6/29/09 at 12:52am

Oh, ok. Great! Thanks. Maybe Alice will do it...

bwayfan7000
#13re: Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?
Posted: 6/29/09 at 1:07am

If Ripley does the tour, it would create great buzz on it, and maybe it can be a full tour.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

Eleah
#14re: Aiice Ripley's run in Next to Normal?
Posted: 6/29/09 at 1:34am

That's not necessarily true. Norbert Leo Butz did the tour for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, and it didnt generate that much buzz. It's a similar senario.

Videos