News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Election 2024

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#275Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 5:51pm

Pauly3, become Pauly4, or just go somewhere where people of your ilk dwell. I don't go on Dump community web sites, you influence nobody here, people who come here to chat are largely Liberal and repulsed by people like you.

Stephanatic

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#276Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 5:57pm

Kamala Harris is now speaking at the Campaign Headquarters (MSNBC, for one)  President Biden on the phone, and the Second Gentleman just spoke.

Non sibi sed patriae

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#277Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 6:25pm

She seems happy. I think she did well. She has improved over the last five years since her last bid. Her use of the word “darn” seemed aimed at swing voters. Simple things like that have power.

One team, one fight!

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Jay Lerner-Z
#278Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 6:27pm

P.S. Who would we like as running mate?

Newsom is out on constitutional grounds, I believe, so that leaves Kelly or Cooper? Buttigieg possibly, but sadly I agree with uncageg…

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Pauly3
#279Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 6:28pm

Highland Guy said: "I repeat:

The MAGA thugs are voting for a racist, convicted felon, draft-dodging homophobe, wannabe dictator, sexual abuser, and more. Try as you might, you can't rewrite history (or the truth).
"

Much the same could be said about Biden.  Racist?  Check.  Convicted felon, not just yet.  Draft-dodger? Check. Wannabe dictator?  Maybe.  Sexual abuser?  Check.  And more.

What I said about why people are voting for Trump, so too are the reasons many people wanted to vote for Biden.  Unlike you, I nor MAGA types need to hate Biden and make him evil in order to justify voting for our own candidates, shortcomings and all.

Pauly3
#280Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 6:32pm

South Florida said: "Pauly3, become Pauly4, or just go somewhere where people of your ilk dwell. I don't go on Dump community web sites, you influence nobody here, people who come here to chat are largely Liberal and repulsed by people like you."

This message board isn't exclusive to emotionally weak snowflakes.  Liberals who are repulsed by me are also repulsed by merit, truth and reasonableness.  So I'm not the least bit offended or put off by your expressed sentiment.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#281Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 6:37pm

P.S. Who would we like as running mate? Newsom is out on constitutional grounds, I believe, so that leaves Kelly or Cooper? Buttigieg possibly, but sadly I agree with uncageg…

Joe Lieberman

Stephanatic

Highland Guy
#282Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 6:47pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "P.S. Who would we like as running mate?

Newsom is out on constitutional grounds, I believe, so that leaves Kelly or Cooper? Buttigieg possibly, but sadly I agree with uncageg…
"

I'm happy to keep Newsom here in California as our Governor.....for now.

As I posted earlier, Pete Buttigieg is my choice.  He would be our first openly LGBTQ Vice President.  But whatever choice Kamala Harris makes as her running mate, I'm in.

And speaking of Pete.  My go-to source for most things political is Rachel Maddow on MSNBC.   She will have "Special Coverage" tonight (8 PM ET) and I believe (but am not certain) that Pete is one of her guests.  Perhaps other "possible candidates" as well?

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 7/22/24 at 06:47 PM

Pauly3
#283Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 6:56pm

Highland Guy said: "As I posted earlier, Pete Buttigieg is my choice. He would be our first openly LGBTQ Vice President. Bur whatever choice Kamala Harris makes as her running mate, I'm in."

You mean if Buttigieg is not picked, you won't conclude Harris is a homophobe?

Ha ha.

Highland Guy
#284Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 6:56pm

Pauly3 said: "Much the same could be said about Biden. Racist? Check. Convicted felon, not just yet. Draft-dodger? Check. Wannabe dictator? Maybe. Sexual abuser? Check. And more."

Dude!  Haven't you heard?  Biden ISN'T RUNNING.  This race is between a CONVICTED FELON and (probably) Kamala Harris.  Biden is no longer part of the picture.  

If you intend to continue spewing your MAGA lies and filth here, you really need to keep up with the rest of us.  Or move on.  Seriously.

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 7/22/24 at 06:56 PM

Highland Guy
#285Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 7:03pm

Pauly3 said: "Highland Guy said: "As I posted earlier, Pete Buttigieg is my choice. He would be our first openly LGBTQ Vice President. Bur whatever choice Kamala Harris makes as her running mate, I'm in."

You mean if Buttigieg is not picked, you wo

You conveniently left out that I said:  "Whatever choice Kamala Harris makes as her running mate, I'm in."

You're a fool.  Be gone, troll.

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 7/22/24 at 07:03 PM

Pauly3
#286Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 7:06pm

Highland Guy said: "Dude! Haven't you heard? Biden ISN'T RUNNING. This race is between a CONVICTED FELON and (probably) Kamala Harris. Biden is no longer part of the picture."

Are you suggesting your support wasn't ALL IN on Biden right up until Biden dropped out, you know, like a day ago?

Emotional?  Check.  Simpleton?  Check.  Coward?  Check.  Snowflake?  Check.

Highland Guy
#287Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 7:12pm

Pauly3 said: "Highland Guy said: "Dude! Haven't you heard? Biden ISN'T RUNNING. This race is between a CONVICTED FELON and (probably) Kamala Harris. Biden is no longer part of the picture."

Are you suggesting your support wasn't ALL IN on Biden right up until Biden dropped out, you know, like a day ago?

Emotional? Check. Simpleton? Check. Coward? Check. Snowflake? Check.
"

Reported to BWW for violating the rules for participating in these threads?  DOUBLE  CHECK

Non sibi sed patriae

Pauly3
#288Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 7:17pm

Highland Guy said: "Pauly3 said: "Highland Guy said: "As I posted earlier, Pete Buttigieg is my choice. He would be our first openly LGBTQ Vice President. Bur whatever choice Kamala Harris makes as her running mate, I'm in."

I said, "You mean if Buttigieg is not picked, you won't conclude Harris is a homophobe?  
Ha ha."

You conveniently left out that I said: "Whatever choice Kamala Harris makes as her running mate, I'm in. You're a fool. Be gone, troll.
"

Wrong, I didn't leave out what you said about giving your support regardless of who Harris picks.

My joke hit a little too close to home, did it?  You don't like when humor or any other method is used to hold up a mirror, do ya?

Pauly3
#289Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 7:22pm

Highland Guy said: "Reported to BWW for violating the rules for participating in these threads? DOUBLE CHECK"

Another tantrum?  Check, again.

Jay Lerner-Z
#290Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 7:26pm

Pauly, to me you at least serve a purpose here by providing me with some insight into the dark side.

Why Trump? There were many other candidates for the nomination. Ones with the same policies but with significantly less baggage.

Highland Guy
#291Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 7:29pm

Pauly3 said: "My joke hit a little too close to home, did it? You don't like when humor or any other method is used to hold up a mirror, do ya?"

REPORTED AGAIN

Non sibi sed patriae

Highland Guy
#292Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 7:31pm

Pauly3 said: "Highland Guy said: "Reported to BWW for violating the rules for participating in these threads? DOUBLE CHECK"

Another tantrum? Check, again.
"

REPORTED AGAIN

Non sibi sed patriae

Pauly3
#293Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 7:35pm

Highland Guy said: "Pauly3 said: "My joke hit a little too close to home, did it? You don't like when humor or any other method is used to hold up a mirror, do ya?"

REPORTED AGAIN
"

With the first reporting, perhaps you have a legitimate beef in that I likely violated forum rules.  But not with this 2nd reporting.  Nothing I said in that quote - or the meaning behind it, violated the rules.

It's OK for you to criticize and call names, but when others do it, then it's not OK?  Check.

Pauly3
#294Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 7:46pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Pauly, to me you at least serve a purpose here by providing me with some insight into the dark side.

Why Trump? There were many other candidates for the nomination. Ones with the same policies but with significantly less baggage.
"

I argue against the shooting of Trump based on extraordinarily weak (perceived) justification, and you have argued for it - and you failed to successfully argue a single point in our disagreement.  You dodged the point, continuously.  I have argued you and others have gone way too far in the nonsense comparing Trump to Hitler.  We disagree on that.  That doesn't make me evil.  But somehow, you have concluded I am from some evil "dark side".  Preposterous.

Why Trump?  Because he is one of only two candidates, and his policies as leader of the country more so align with mine than do the current Democrat option(s).  Why do you assume I wanted Trump prior to his winning the nomination?  I know why.  It's because you cannot think straight and refuse to allow ANY nuance when it comes to an argument that has the appearance of ANY type of support for Trump, such as the idea it was NOT Okay to shoot him.

Jay Lerner-Z
#295Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 7:53pm

I never actually tried to justify it. Not once. I simply pondered if one day we might be sorry that Crooks missed. I haven’t gone quite as far as kdogg, but I certainly understand his stance. I was expressing thoughts, no more.

Highland Guy
#296Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 8:04pm

Democratic Texas Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, 74, lost her life to cancer on July 19.  She was a wonderful woman and an exceptional public servant.  As we discuss the approaching elections, I will truly miss her presence, her political savvy and her insight.  She will be missed, but I'm confident her spirit is with us.  Rest in peace, dear lady.

Non sibi sed patriae

Highland Guy
#297Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 8:12pm

Highland Guy said: "My source for most things political is Rachel Maddow on MSNBC. She will have "Special Coverage" tonight (8 PM ET) and I believe (but am not certain) that Pete is one of her guests. Perhaps other "possible candidates" as well?"

UPDATE:  Yes, Pete will be interviewed by Rachel.

Non sibi sed patriae

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#298Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 8:22pm

Highland Guy said: "Highland Guy said: "My source formost things political is Rachel Maddow on MSNBC. She will have "Special Coverage" tonight (8 PM ET) and I believe (but am not certain) that Pete is one of her guests. Perhaps other "possible candidates" as well?"

UPDATE: Yes, Pete will be interviewed by Rachel.

"

The two most mentioned names today were Josh Shapiro & Mark Kelly.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Highland Guy
#299Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 9:22pm

Joe Biden remains in office for another six months.  His Presidency continues.  I expect him to accomplish exceptional work on behalf of and in support of the American public in the days to come.  No matter his future role, he will, no doubt, always have our backs.

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 7/22/24 at 09:22 PM

Videos