News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Election 2024

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#225Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/21/24 at 4:49pm

Well done Joe, onward.

Stephanatic

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#226Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/21/24 at 5:31pm

Part of me worries that Kamala Harris has even less chance of victory than Joe Biden.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

South Florida
#227Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/21/24 at 5:50pm

Easy Jay, now Democracy will win. People who were repulsed by J6, family members, friends, Republicans in the House, will now have to eliminate age and senility. This is a great day.

Stephanatic

South Florida
#228Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/21/24 at 5:53pm

And we have three months to show who needs to win. Joe Biden has made this a great day because the Dems will win now.

Stephanatic

Jay Lerner-Z
#229Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/21/24 at 6:04pm

Let’s hope. I have my doubts.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#230Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/21/24 at 6:30pm

I also have my doubts but I hope I’m wrong. Trump has a track record of beating women for the White House. I thought they were better off sticking with Biden but we’ll see. 

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#231Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/21/24 at 6:38pm

We have never had a female President.  We have never had an openly-LGBTQ Vice President.  We can now do the right thing by sending a Harris/Buttigieg team to the White House.

Non sibi sed patriae

Pauly3
#232Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/21/24 at 7:14pm

hork said: "South Florida said: "Pauly3, were Pauly1 and Pauly 2 just as dumb?"

What’s dumb about him? He’s essentially just saying that we shouldn’t be calling a murderer and failed assassin a hero, which I don’t see how anyone with any moral sense can argue with.
"

South Florida, Jay Lerner, Highland Guy and Kdogg can't think straight when the subject involves Trump.  They can't rebut the argument being made, so they demonstrate their ineptitude by throwing tantrums instead.

Jay Lerner-Z
#233Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/21/24 at 8:02pm

“Murder is wrong” seems to be your whole argument. How could anyone possibly disagree with that? Kinda simplistic.

Trouble is, not everyone can agree what constitutes an act of “murder”. Would anyone describe Bin Laden as a murder victim? How many people did Henry Kissinger murder? Barack Obama’s drones? Netanyahu? GW Bush?

”Moral sense" can be tricky.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#234Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/21/24 at 8:15pm

Highland Guy said: "We have never had a female President. We have never had an openly-LGBTQ Vice President. We can now do the right thing by sending a Harris/Buttigieg team to the White House."

Harris has a month to decide. The DNC is Aug 19-22. There are a lot of names being tossed around for her VP. Buttigieg? Josh Shapiro? Mark Kelley? Gretchen Whitmer?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Pauly3
#235Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/21/24 at 8:36pm

Jay, the argument is not a simplistic or general debate about what constitutes murder or even any trickiness regarding "moral sense". The topic is much more specific involving the very recent attempted assassination of Trump (which included the murder of an innocent bystander) - and the idea that it was and still is OK to shoot Trump because of some illogical fantasy that he isn't different than Hitler.

You and others don't have a problem with THIS attempted assassin AND murderer.  You and others can't rebut anything I've said.  You can't even stick to the point.

Highland Guy
#236Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/21/24 at 8:51pm

Here is the White House biography for Vice President Harris.  There is only one achievement to add:  "On January 20, 2025, Kamala Harris took the Oath of Office to become this nation's first woman President."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/vice-president-harris/

Non sibi sed patriae

South Florida
#237Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/21/24 at 8:54pm

No way sir, watch what is about to happen, we just won.

Stephanatic

South Florida
#238Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/21/24 at 8:58pm

I'm too enthused, scuse, but i think this is the best news ever and I have a lot of crap going on in my life.

Stephanatic

Jay Lerner-Z
#239Election 2024, one year from today, predictions please
Posted: 7/21/24 at 9:26pm

Of course he is different to Hitler, but there are also startling similarities. That is not an illogical fantasy.

Highland Guy
#240Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/21/24 at 9:51pm

I have made several donations to the Biden/Harris campaign through "Act Blue".  They have just announced that during the past seven hours, they have processed $47M in low-dollar donations to the Harris Campaign.  Amazing, but not surprising.  America is making itself heard.

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 7/21/24 at 09:51 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#241Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 12:02am

Highland Guy said: "We have never had a female President. We have never had an openly-LGBTQ Vice President. We can now do the right thing by sending a Harris/Buttigieg team to the White House."

Butigieg is not the right person for now. He needs to be more visible than he is. She needs someone that will make the undecided and more center right vote for her. And it will be a straight, white, male.

Just give the world Love.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#242Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 1:44am

It is ridiculous that 21st century people have the self centred narcissism to suggest that Trump is like Hitler, and in my opinion reeks of people wanting to feel victimised. Call me back when he starts world war 3 and commits a mass murder genocide (given Biden’s apparent complicit nature in the alleged Gaza genocide and the state of the world right now are we giving Biden a free pass?). The main reason people feel like Trump is hitler is because his personality and actions can feel a little dictatoreque and racist tone but this is not sufficient to be hitler. 

Also, thank god someone was able to talk some sense in Biden and have him drop out. Now Trump has some real competition and I think it’s possible the Democrats can win. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Jay Lerner-Z
#243Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 7:56am

It’s not ridiculous.

Disinformation. White supremacy. Disregard for existing law. Cult of personality. Propaganda. The whole point of learning from history is to stop it from happening again.

Sigh.

Updated On: 7/22/24 at 07:56 AM

Pauly3
#244Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 9:23am

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Of course he is different to Hitler, but there are also startling similarities. That is not an illogical fantasy."

Once again, you are failing to see that rebutting an argument with a different argument is failing to address the argument.  Or perhaps I'm wrong about that?  If so, then you are still incorrectly implying, rather arguing, that it was and still is OK to shoot Trump, and it's stunning you can't see that "startling similarities" you perceive of Trump do not justify shooting Trump.  My use of the phrase "Illogical fantasy" was and still is spot on.

Do you really not understand the context in which I mean "illogical fantasy"?  I will clarify it for you as simply as I can:  You can't shoot Trump justifiably, given what is known about Trump today.  Is this really so difficult?

Jay Lerner-Z
#245Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 9:33am

I don't recall arguing that it was.

As of now, democracy is still our best weapon against him.

Updated On: 7/22/24 at 09:33 AM

Pauly3
#246Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 10:55am

Jay Lerner-Z said: "I don't recall arguing that it was."

You can re-read what you wrote (along with the responses you got) -

"I have zero sympathy for Trump right now. Am I a bad person?  If you could go back to 1920s Berlin, would you shoot Hitler?"

Were you not suggesting it is OK to shoot Trump?  Maybe not, but maybe.  You have since had plenty of opportunity to clarify, especially after receiving push back from no less than 3 of us.  You've done nothing but move toward, not away, from the idea it was OK to shoot Trump.

"Zeppie, I compared him to 1920s Hitler. Anyone who knows their history can surely see the parallels. A pivotal moment in time where crisis could have been averted. Before Hitler threw democracy in the trash can and appointed himself dictator."

How is your above statement, given your prior statements, not arguing it is OK to kill Trump?

"It is within Biden’s power to have Trump legally murdered. For the good of the nation. Maybe he will give the order live on air tonight.

Unlikely, but theoretically possible. Frightening, really."

This sounds an awful lot like you would be fine if Biden gave the order to kill Trump.  Suggesting it's theoretically possible to "legally murder" Trump is also nonsense.  It's nonsense, regardless of the decision made in the Supreme Court Presidential immunity case.  Biden would have no more justification and immunity protection to kill Trump than Trump would have justification and immunity protection to kill Biden or any other political rival should Trump win in 2024.

You continued to justify your absurd stance that it is OK to kill Trump:

"How many deaths has Trump (indirectly) caused? How many will he cause in the future?

How many gay suicides? How many school shootings? How many racist assaults? Etc."

I pointed out your absurd evidence-less take, and you then doubled-down on the absurdity:

"Not even the victims of the January 2021 insurrection? Sure."

You have done nothing but argue for the justification to shoot Trump.

"As of now, democracy is still our best weapon against him."

Finally, you said something that isn't absurd.

As of now, democracy is still our best weapon against him."

Highland Guy
#247Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 11:11am

Jay Lerner-Z said: "As of now, democracy is still our best weapon against him."

That, led by a selfless woman of color with a remarkable record of service to country.

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 7/22/24 at 11:11 AM

dadaguza
#248Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 11:24am

Pauly3 said: "Jay Lerner-Z said: 

"As of now, democracy is still our best weapon against him."

Finally, you said something that isn't absurd."

I beg to differ Pauly, with all due respect. Democracy? They forced Biden to step down and will now, at pretty much the last minute, choose a candidate no one had a chance to even vote for.

Pauly3
#249Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 11:41am

dadaguza said: "I beg to differ Pauly, with all due respect. Democracy? They forced Biden to step down and will now, at pretty much the last minute, choose a candidate no one had a chance to even vote for."

Fundamentally, Jay's idea was sound.  Given the specific circumstances of how the Democrat party has behaved in first hiding/ignoring and even lying about Biden's issues and then pushing him out because of those same issues - leading to the people not getting to vote for their candidate, I stand corrected.  Jay has still yet to say something not absurd.

Videos