News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Election 2024

MysteriousLady
#250Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 11:50am

dadaguza said: "Pauly3 said: "Jay Lerner-Z said:

"As of now, democracy is still our best weapon against him."

Finally, you said something that isn't absurd."

I beg to differ Pauly, with all due respect. Democracy? They forced Biden to step down and will now, at pretty much the last minute, choose a candidate no one had a chance to even vote for.

"

I voted for Harris as part of the Biden/Harris ticket. I love how the "we're a Republic, not a democracy " crowd suddenly is concerned about democracy. The Right loves to disenfranchise voters.

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#251Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 11:55am

Minutes ago, on the steps of the White House, the Vice President addressed an audience of athletes on "NCAA Sports Day".  But first, she spoke from her heart about President Biden.  Pure class.  Now she heads to Wilmington, Delaware, where perhaps she will comment on the events of the past few hours (?).

KAMALA  HARRIS  #47

Non sibi sed patriae

Pauly3
#252Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 12:07pm

MysteriousLady said: "I voted for Harris as part of the Biden/Harris ticket."

You voted for the Biden/Harris ticket in 2020.  Now in 2024, Harris, like Biden, has become less popular....to Democrat voters.  Whatever point you're attempting is absurd.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#253Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 12:13pm

The Dem convention has not happened yet. Voters remain free to pick the candidate of their choice. The same is true of the federal election in November. Democracy remains intact.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#254Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 12:48pm

I think it would be a bad look if Harris wasn't the nominee. Only heard of Manchin re-entering the field.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Pauly3
#255Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 1:01pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "The Dem convention has not happened yet. Voters remain free to pick the candidate of their choice. The same is true ofthe federal election in November. Democracy remains intact."

You mean a tiny fraction of voters are now free to pick the candidate of their choice for the Democrat nominee.  This is NOT similar to that of the election in November.  It's also NOT similar to the situation that is allowed had Biden had a sudden and unexpected health issue that prevented him from running.

Highland Guy
Jay Lerner-Z
#257Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 1:53pm

The two-party system is the thing that most limits democracy. Joe Biden dropping out does not.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Pauly3
#258Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 2:23pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "The two-party system is the thing that most limits democracy. Joe Biden dropping out does not."

There's more to consider than simply Biden dropping out.  You're still batting .000.

Jay Lerner-Z
#259Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 2:27pm

Who will you be voting for in November, Pauly?

Pauly3
#260Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 3:13pm

Jay, related to the arguments I have made, it is completely irrelevant who I am voting for.  Why you think it is or might be relevant is due to your inability to think straight when the subject matter includes Trump.  If comparisons to Hitler were undeservedly being made about Biden - and suggesting those comparisons warrant taking Biden out with a bullet, my arguments in that scenario would have been no different than they are now.  Conversely, your arguments would be VERY different.  I'm not wrong, am I?

Regardless, I have no problem answering your question.  Unless something unexpected occurs, I will vote for Trump in November.  I will vote for him, in part, being I do not view Trump with illogical fantasies that place his evilness right next to Hitler's.

Highland Guy
#261Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 3:29pm

Pauly3 said: "Jay, related to the arguments I have made, it is completely irrelevant who I am voting for. Why you think it is or might be relevant is due to your inability to think straight when the subject matter includes Trump. If comparisons to Hitler were undeservedly being made about Biden - and suggesting those comparisons warrant taking Biden out with a bullet, my arguments in that scenario would have been no different than they are now. Conversely, your arguments would be VERY different. I'm not wrong, am I?

Regardless, I have no problem answering your question. Unless something unexpected occurs, I will vote for Trump in November. I will vote for him, in part, being I do not view Trump with illogical fantasies that place his evilness right next to Hitler's.
"

BALDERDASH

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 7/22/24 at 03:29 PM

Jay Lerner-Z
#262Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 3:31pm

Ivana Trump once recalled how Trump kept copies of Hitler’s speeches by his bed.

Pauly3
#263Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 3:38pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Ivana Trump once recalled how Trump kept copies of Hitler’s speeches by his bed."

Oh gee, now THAT is the last straw which warrants equating Trump with Hitler?  Are you attempting to bolster your argument or undermine it?

Jay Lerner-Z
#264Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 3:43pm

Trump’s own running mate once compared him to Hitler.

Jay Lerner-Z
#265Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 3:54pm

Pauly3
#266Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 4:01pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Trump’s own running mate once compared him to Hitler."

You are continuing to undermine your side of the argument.  Vance's comments about Trump in 2016 were as meaningless as Ivana's were however many decades ago her comments were offered.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#267Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 4:04pm

Harris will win in a landslide, and she'll bring Congress with her. After what happened January 6th, Traitor's Day, how can any of you say that you'll vote for Dump, then you are also a traitor. I remember the days following the coup attempt, everybody was condemning Dump, McConnell for example on the floor of Congress. If after witnessing that day and the months leading up to it, you can wrap your arms around its candidacy then you have a problem. Three of my siblings voted Dump, after that day two of them said they'd never vote for it again. So when you go to the voting booth, remember that day, when it sent an armed mob to our Capitol, and then watched it unfold for hours. 

Stephanatic

Jay Lerner-Z
#268Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 4:14pm

Pauly, do you believe that immigrants are "poisoning the blood of the nation"?

Trump does.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#269Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 4:18pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "It’s not ridiculous.

Disinformation. White supremacy. Disregard for existing law. Cult of personality. Propaganda. The whole point of learning from history is to stop it from happening again.

Sigh.
"

Sorry it IS ridiculous - all of those issues could be said about so many different politicians over the past decades. If you say the words 'hitler' it means Genocide and murdering of millions of people, and starting of world wars. That is why the term 'hitler' is so provocative. If you were arguing it, at least I could see the link. You need to use the actions that define Hitler and only Hitler. "Disinformation", "white supremacy", "disregard for law", "cult of personality", "propaganda". Really? Come on. None of those are uniquely hitler at all. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Jay Lerner-Z
#270Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 4:39pm

Even supreme court justices are worried about democracy being on the brink of collapse. Presidential immunity would turn Trump into a Fuhrer. This is not a normal election, Trump is not a normal candidate.

Highland Guy
#271Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 4:54pm

I think of all the women in my past, no longer with me, who helped inform the decisions I have made during my life as a Queer man.  Grandmother, mother, aunts, cousins, friends, neighbors, military associates, teachers, and more.  They did not live to see a woman President of the United States elected to the White House.  It was a dream for most of them, unfulfilled.  And so when I soon cast my vote for Kamala Harris, I will be voting on behalf of all these wonderful ladies who are not here to vote themselves.

When I hear or read that there are Americans today who support this racist, convicted felon, draft-dodging homophobe and wannabe dictator, I am appalled.  And beyond that, I question how anyone, woman or man alike, could vote for a sexual abuser who is on film saying "You just grab them by the P***Y".  A slap in the face to all the women I cared about then, and those I care about now.

We MUST defeat this MAGA thug.  VOTE  FOR  DEMOCRATIC  CANDIDATES  AND  CAUSES  !!

Non sibi sed patriae

Pauly3
#272Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 5:01pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Pauly, do you believe that immigrants are "poisoning the blood of the nation"?  Trump does."

No, I do not believe immigrants are poisoning the blood of the nation.  Trump deserves plenty of criticism for the stupid language he uses.  The comparisons to some of Hitler's garbage language is warranted, but taking it further and implying or even stating it is OK to kill Trump because of it is illogical and absurd.   We all know what Hitler did.  And we all know what Trump has done.  Trump has never done anything in his 78 years, individually or collectively that warrants an assassin to shoot him - and there is no credible evidence he will do something in the future, individually or collectively, that would warrant violence of any kind as some form of defense of others, let alone shooting him.  You have failed to demonstrate I'm the least bit wrong on this.

Pauly3
#273Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 5:28pm

Highland Guy, people are voting for Trump because 1) they agree with his policies, 2) appreciate (perceived or otherwise) his accomplishments - or at least his efforts in his first term, and 3) because they don't believe the insane level of evilness emotional simpleton cowards have placed upon him.

Highland Guy
#274Election 2024, one year from today, predictions
Posted: 7/22/24 at 5:38pm

Pauly3 said: "Highland Guy, people are voting for Trump because 1) they agree with his policies, 2) appreciate (perceived or otherwise) his accomplishments - or at least his efforts in his first term, and 3) because they don't believe the insane level of evilness emotional simpleton cowards have placed upon him."

I repeat:

The MAGA thugs are voting for a racist, convicted felon, draft-dodging homophobe, wannabe dictator, sexual abuser, and more.  Try as you might, you can't rewrite history (or the truth).

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 7/22/24 at 05:38 PM

Videos