News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More- Page 13

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#300MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 9:59am

I don't hear an impediment either. Just a raspy voice. Sounds like she may have had a cold. That said, it's the best interview she's ever given. IMO, Stern's interviewing skills have always been underrated. Wish she was this natural and unguarded more often. I doubt that Ellen will have similar results next week.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#301MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 10:02am

^ agreed. And yes, she mentioned having a cold. You can hear her coughing several times between topics.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#302MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 10:10am

Lol! Yes...she did mention it. Must have walked out of the room the first time I listened to it.

FindingNamo
#303MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 10:40am

You guys, seriously, right from the beginning her "esses" sound like a cross between Liza and the whistling gopher from Winnie the Pooh. 90 minutes go by and then Howard says "Oh, you're wearing a grill, I didn't even notice."

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#304MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 10:47am

Honestly, I didn't notice anything off about her diction for the entire interview. But she needs to stop with that grill. Now.

FindingNamo
#305MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 10:53am

I have a background in speech, being that I'm a dictions coach at CoCoPuffs College (shout out to all my CoCoPuCo Cuties!) so my ear catches this stuff right away.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#306MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 10:57am

I ****ing hate the grills. It's just depressing seeing her do this. Especially when the content of the interview itself is so interesting. That being said, I thought the speech impediment was much less pronounced on Howard than it was on that Complex video interview posted earlier in this thread. That one was painful to witness (and listen to).

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#307MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 11:01am

Seriously, who gives a f@ck if she wears a grill? It's not to my personal taste, but if it's to her's, for whatever reason, who in the motherf@ck has the time to give a rat's ass?

Updated On: 3/13/15 at 11:01 AM

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#308MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 11:08am

You are hearing things that are not there.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#309MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 11:08am

BTW, grills aside, she looked lovely at Howard. Have to say, though, my favorite late period Madonna look was from the mid 2000s when she told her surgeon to make her look like that English woman who sings that "Oooh La La" song. Say what you want about plastic surgery, that was some DAMN fine work:

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#310MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 11:15am

Sick and tired of the backhanded compliments, as well. So boring.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#311MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 11:25am

Not a back-handed compliment. I remember seeing her emerge - I forget exactly when this was - sometime in mid to late 2000s - after a while out of the spotlight. She'd clearly had work done, but it was like the best plastic surgery I'd ever seen. She looked ravishing and not like those dreadful Real Housewives women do after their monthly nip/tuck. I remember saying that if you had to get plastic surgery, you should go to Madonna's surgeon, because she looked phenomenal.

FindingNamo
#312MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 11:40am

But then she kept going.

"You are hearing things that are not there."

I don't blame you for not hearing it since Madge has had so many different accents over the years.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#313MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 12:11pm

I can't and won't fault her for keeping up with the surgery. Yes, it's more noticeable now than it was then, but I think she still looks good and, honestly, I cannot imagine the amount of relentless pressure she feels about her image. Arguably, more so than any current public figure.

And, Namo is not hearing things, you guys. Honestly, if the grills don't bother you, that's fine. But they clearly impact her speech, though she seems to have gotten more used to them in the past week.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#314MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 12:24pm

Hmm, maybe I don't hear the impediment because I don't pronounce sharp esses either..

Updated On: 3/13/15 at 12:24 PM

FindingNamo
#315MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 1:12pm

Yes, it's more noticeable now than it was then, but I think she still looks good and, honestly, I cannot imagine the amount of relentless pressure she feels about her image.

If there's one thing that seemed to be the big take-away from the Stern interview is that Madonna knows she's neurotic and obsessive compulsive and that her anxieties aren't rooted in anything external. I'm sure she does feel relentless pressure about her image and 98% of it is self-inflicted.

And sure, people should do whatever they want to make themselves happy, but I wish we as a culture could get past talking about "looking great" as some sort of personal achievement once it becomes the work of really expensive surgeons.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#316MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 1:20pm

I think she generally looks terrifying when she's not in a print ad that airbrushes her back to the Who's That Girl era. I remember seeing her on Ellen a year or so ago, and she looked like a swollen, shiny mask that only moved at the mouth and the eyelids.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#317MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 2:05pm

Her eyes don't show even a hint of surgery. 1. They don't slant upwards and there are still Crowsfeet there. 2. Her eyes a small and slit-like. Eyes that have been worked on are very round and open, and are deep set. take a good look.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#318MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 2:14pm

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#319MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 2:23pm

GAH!! WARN US BEFORE YOU POST SOMETHING LIKE THAT!

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Phyllis Rogers Stone
#323MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 3:56pm

MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More

She did look great for the howard interview...

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#324MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/13/15 at 4:08pm

Photoshop is amazing.

Videos