News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/20/24- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/20/24

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/20/24
Posted: 10/22/24 at 4:27pm

Call_me_jorge said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "RW3 said: "Do we know what company Maybe Happy Ending is using for their marketing?"

AKA - advertising
Situation - digital
Super Awesome Friends - digital content
Polk & Co - press
"

Is there a valid reason for why there has to be 4 separate entities for these things?
"

Of course. Four totally different disciplines. Polk, for instance, handles reviews, editorials, etc, helping to create a narrative with various journalists and appearances. That is a totally different job than coming up with a captivating advertisements (AKA) or finding the right social media influencers to send to the show to create content (Super Awesome Friends). Basically all shows use 3-4 agencies for their marketing and pr now.

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/20/24
Posted: 10/22/24 at 4:35pm

Wick3 said: "If Tammy Faye can get same grossfor each of their performances this week I’d say that’s not a bad start."

It won't. You can't go off the first preview and learn anything. If you could, Sunset Blvd would be grossing $2.4 million

Tom5
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/20/24
Posted: 10/22/24 at 6:50pm

I wouldn't be surprised if 'Left AT Tenth' is the surprise sleeper hit of the decade. 600K isn't bad for such a modest production. As for Tammy Faye isn't that somewhat similar to the Aimee Semple McPherson musical which had some big guns promoting  it (Kathy Lee certainly). If that wasn't successful I don't see how Tammy Faye could do better.

SisterGeorge
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/20/24
Posted: 10/22/24 at 7:13pm

JasonC3 said: "Does "new Elton John musical" hold much appeal and move ticket sales?"

It moved me to sample the music that is online. And that moved me to hold off on buying tickets.

Sister George

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/20/24
Posted: 10/22/24 at 9:45pm

Tom5 said: "I wouldn't be surprised if 'Left AT Tenth' is the surprise sleeper hit of the decade."

That is a truly wild statement

Ptero2
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/20/24
Posted: 10/22/24 at 10:27pm

BossBroadway said: "Someone please tell me how 600k for Left on Tenth is bad for a small play that has had zero marketing...plus its grosses have increased every single week. I'm sure reviews will help it too."

If Left on Tenth gets reviewed well I will eat my hat.

singer234
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/20/24
Posted: 10/23/24 at 7:26am

It's still a little early to tell, but I'm impressed with how stable Gatsby has been. I know Eva and Jeremy are still in it, but I originally agreed with those who said it would close after a year when their contracts are up. We still have another 5ish months to go, but I'd be shocked if they don't try to get at least one round of exciting replacements in to see what happens.

Videos