News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)- Page 4

Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)

Dollypop
#75Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)
Posted: 6/8/23 at 8:36am

I'm staying indoors today with a few fans on to circulate the air.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

JasonC3
#76Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)
Posted: 6/8/23 at 8:59am

Previous fires on the west coast received tons of media attention in national newspapers over extended periods of time, including being on the cover of New York magazine. 

We've had a few days of intense coverage on the east coast because it is a newer phenomenon here, is still omnipresent, and much of national media and bureau offices for major international publications are located in NYC and the surrounding area.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#77Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)
Posted: 6/8/23 at 9:55am

I was amazed at how many people were not wearing masks outside yesterday. Times square was quite busy when I walked through and people were moving around like it was just any other day. I saw a report this morning that hospitals are bracing for people going to ER's today and tomorrow. I am staying home today.

Just give the world Love.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#78Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)
Posted: 6/8/23 at 10:23am

uncageg said: "I was amazed at how many people were not wearing masks outside yesterday. Times square was quite busy when I walked through and people were moving around like it was just any other day. I saw a report this morning that hospitals are bracing for people going to ER's today and tomorrow. I am staying home today."

Uptown in Harlem and on the UWS, masks were a very common sight on the comparatively few people out and about. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#79Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)
Posted: 6/8/23 at 10:33am

uncageg said: "I was amazed at how many people were not wearing masks outside yesterday. Times square was quite busy when I walked through and people were moving around like it was just any other day. I saw a report this morning that hospitals are bracing for people going to ER's today and tomorrow. I am staying home today."

Utter ignorance and stupidity! Don't people realize how bad the air is from the wildfire smoke-check the AQI? Just wear your N95 mask if and when outdoors. 

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 6/8/23 at 10:33 AM

thatdarnzach
#80Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)
Posted: 6/8/23 at 10:46am

Because we've learned that people respond so well to "just wear your mask"...

MemorableUserName
#81Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)
Posted: 6/8/23 at 12:03pm

Broadway’s ‘Shucked’ Composer Brandy Clark And Writer Robert Horn Take Stage As NYC Air Quality Hits Understudy

https://deadline.com/2023/06/shucked-broadway-new-york-air-quality-brandy-clark-robert-horn-1235411890/

"The night’s concert-style staging was necessitated by the absence of Maizy actress Caroline Innerbichler, who was out for the night due to reasons unrelated to the orange haze covering the city. Innerbichler has two understudies, one of whom was out due to what a spokesperson for the show said was a sinus infection unrelated to the air quality and another understudy out due specifically to the air quality."

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#82Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)
Posted: 6/8/23 at 1:12pm

qafgenius122 said: "Can’t say how I know this, but some high profile Broadway show cancellation announcements are imminent."

ABC News just said that "Broadway is monitoring the air quality".

Just give the world Love.

B212323
#83Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)
Posted: 6/8/23 at 2:04pm

It's been clear for a while Ms. St. Martin does not care about Bway performers though not sure why Equity didn't get involved yesterday

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#84Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)
Posted: 6/8/23 at 4:57pm

The air quality has definitely improved today. The sky is just a hazy yellow unlike the bright orange yesterday. I couldn't breathe outside yesterday and I don't have any respiratory issues. But I'm sure anyone with respiratory issues may still struggle today. The local news said we should be nearly normal by tomorrow morning.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

itsjustmejonhotmailcom Profile Photo
itsjustmejonhotmailcom
#85Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)
Posted: 6/8/23 at 5:00pm

B212323 said: "It's been clear for a while Ms. St. Martin does not care about Bway performers though not sure why Equity didn't get involved yesterday"

Charlotte doesn't have the power to cancel performances, that rests with the individual theatre owners and producers, or in the case of a major event like this smoke, the executive committee at the league. Charlotte is an administrator, she doesn't make the decision but has an equal vote with the other executive committee members.

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#86Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)
Posted: 6/8/23 at 7:03pm

Per my friend at an outdoor theatre I used to work at in PA, they were roughly 10 minutes before the start of their first performance of Jekyll and Hyde in Concert when AEA shut the matinee down. Their evening performance is scheduled to go as planned but all actors have to wear masks while performing. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Dollypop
#87Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)
Posted: 6/9/23 at 1:39am

I don't know what I'll do if the Tony Awards are canceled.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#88Broadway and the NYC Air Emergency (June 2023)
Posted: 6/9/23 at 5:11am

Dollypop said: "I don't know what I'll do if the Tony Awards are canceled.

"

seems very unlikely the Tony Awards get canceled.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Videos