News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits

Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#1Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/23/24 at 9:08pm

Once again, the Federal Government is offering free Covid-19 test kits.  4 kits per household, available in late September.

Covid is still with us.  Stay safe, stay healthy.

https://special.usps.com/testkits

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 9/23/24 at 09:08 PM

Highland Guy
#2Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/23/24 at 9:32pm

UPDATE

Kits should be available in late September, but you can order now.

Non sibi sed patriae

JasonC3
#3Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/23/24 at 9:40pm

Highland Guy said: "UPDATE

Kits should be available in late September, but you can order now.
"

I don't think you can order now unless you're seeing something other than what is posted at the link you provided. it specifically states to come back later in the month and other news articles out today have said the same.

"Reopening: This program for ordering free at-home COVID-19 tests will restart in late September 2024.

The U.S. government's free test ordering program will reopen to allow residential households to place one order for #4 free at-home COVID-19 tests. Here's what you need to know:

• Come back to place your order in late September 2024
  • Both standard and more accessible COVID-19 tests will be available, while supplies last
  • Extend expiration dates: The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has more details about at-home tests, including extended shelf life and updated expiration dates."

RUkiddingme
#4Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/23/24 at 10:01pm

Is this the thread on why we signed up for BWW in the first place?

For me it was to get news on COVID tests.  I love COVID test news!  I wish they sold merch!

Does anyone know where the TDF Covid tests are located?  And what time should I get in line in the morning to get the rush covid tests?

Highland Guy
#5Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/23/24 at 10:05pm

Well, I don't know.  There was a link where I ordered my klts an hour or so ago.  I then received a confirmation notice from USPS, stating that I would be informed when the kits are shipped.

The only thing I can think is that earlier in researching this, a number of sites (HHS, for example) were down because of heavy traffic.  Perhaps my order sneaked through during an open period.

If I find any other links, I will pass the info along.  I only meant this thread as an alert for those who may not know we can get the kits again.

Non sibi sed patriae

Highland Guy
#6Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/23/24 at 10:08pm

RUkiddingme said: "Is this the thread on why we signed up for BWW in the first place?

Forme it was to get news on COVID tests. I love COVID test news! I wish they sold merch!

Does anyone know where the TDF Covid tests are located? And what time should I get in line in the morning to get the rush covid tests?
"

I'm done.

Non sibi sed patriae

whatever2
#7Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/23/24 at 11:24pm

RUkiddingme said: "Is this the thread on why we signed up for BWW in the first place?

Forme it was to get news on COVID tests. I love COVID test news! I wish they sold merch!

Does anyone know where the TDF Covid tests are located? And what time should I get in line in the morning to get the rush covid tests?
"

yes, because covid is having no continuing impact on live theatre. no one has been disappointed by a last-minute covid-related cancellation for at least three days now. /s

there's another way to deal with a post that doesn't pertain to you. get a life.

HighlandGuy: thank you for sharing this information.

"You, sir, are a moron." (PlayItAgain)

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#8Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/24/24 at 9:08am

Highland Guy said: "RUkiddingme said: "Is this the thread on why we signed up for BWW in the first place?

"

I'm done.
"

I hope you do update as I will probably forget until I would actually need one. :)

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Highland Guy
#9Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/24/24 at 1:03pm

Huss417 said: "Highland Guy said: "RUkiddingme said: "Is this the thread on why we signed up for BWW in the first place?

"

I'm done.
"
I hope you do update as I will probably forget until I would actually need one. :)
"

I will, and I hope others will post the link when it opens, as well.  Not sure why I was able to order my kit.

Here's a bit of info about the Covid-19 vaccines.  I get my shot this week.

Broadway was devastated by Covid.  People were sick; people died; theatres closed; people lost their jobs and income.  It was a tragedy, and Covid remains with us.  I don't understand why RUkiddingme decided to ridicule this thread, and why others gave his comment a "thumbs up".  

Stay healthy.

https://www.cdc.gov/covid/vaccines/index.html 

Non sibi sed patriae

xoxobwayjohndoe
#10Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/24/24 at 1:36pm

Highland Guy said: "Huss417 said: "Highland Guy said: "RUkiddingme said: "Is this the thread on why we signed up for BWW in the first place?

"

I'm done.
"
"

I will, and I hope others will post the link when it opens, as well. Not sure why I was able to order my kit.

Here's a bit of info about the Covid-19 vaccines. I get my shot this week.

Broadway was devastated by Covid. People were sick; people died; theatres closed; people lost their jobs and income. It was a tragedy, and Covid remains with us. I don't understand why RUkiddingme decided to ridicule this thread, and why others gave his comment a "thumbs up".

Stay healthy.

https://www.cdc.gov/covid/vaccines/index.html
"

Agreed. Thank you for posting about this. Alongside education and healthcare, live entertainment is still one of the industries most impacted by COVID.

Even today, you have performers out (sometimes large swaths of casts) and people returning from illness facing difficulties in their tracks. I would be shocked if, like David Lynch, there aren't people who have had to step away from the industry all together until something changes re: transmission.

This is all incredibly relevant to Broadway and thus BroadwayWorld.

Updated On: 9/24/24 at 01:36 PM

ghostlight2
#11Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/24/24 at 2:05pm

"Does anyone know where the TDF Covid tests are located?  And what time should I get in line in the morning to get the rush covid tests?"

That did not turn out the way you expected, did it, RUkiddingme? What possessed you to be so flippant regarding such a serious subject?

Thanks, HighlandGuy.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#12Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/24/24 at 2:41pm

Odd thread to bring back up.

Anyways, at least Broadway performers still get COVID leave. My job and most others don't. I've had employees show up having COVID and just wearing a mask because they're out of paid time off. It's very rare to see anyone wearing a mask anymore. Theater, sporting events, concerts, large gatherings, etc... it's simply something we have to live with.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

JasonC3
#13Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/24/24 at 3:02pm

And "living with it" for some people includes self-testing. That's why it is nice, not odd, that Highland Guy started a thread sharing info that free tests will be available again when they have not been for some time.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#14Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/24/24 at 5:34pm

Though I have no objection to this thread being on the main board and I thank Highland Guy for sharing the information, I think people are being a little harsh on RUkiddingme. There's a colorable argument that this is not directly on-topic. I acknowledge your arguments that COVID is still very much an important issue for Broadway, but so is the presidential election, and I personally would hesitate to start a thread about that on the main board.

Updated On: 9/24/24 at 05:34 PM

Highland Guy
#15Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/24/24 at 5:57pm

kdogg36 said: "Though I have no objection to this thread being on the main board and I thank Highland Guy for sharing the information, I think people are being a little harsh onRUkiddingme. There's a colorable argument that this is not directly on-topic. I acknowledge your arguments that COVID is still very much an important issue for Broadway, but so is the presidential election, and I personally would hesitate to start a thread about that on the main board."

I chose this topic because I believe the subject matter is timely and important and (I would hope) of interest to the BWW community.  I posted to the Main Board because I thought it appropriate to do so and would attract more attention than the Off Topic Board.

If BWW Moderators agree or disagree with my decision, they can (1) let the thread stand where it is; or (2) move the thread to the Off Topic Board (if that's possible); or (3) delete the thread.  It's up to them.  You (and others), can, of course, make your argument directly to the BWW Moderators.  Whatever happens, I'm happy with my decision to post it here and won't make further attempts to explain or defend the thread.

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 9/24/24 at 05:57 PM

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#16Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/24/24 at 6:07pm

Highland Guy said: "You (and others), can, of course, make your argument directly to the BWW Moderators."

As I said, I am fine with it here, so I would never do that. I just thought there was beginning to be a little bit of a pile-on against the contrary post, and I don't think that's really called for.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#17Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/24/24 at 6:27pm

I think the reason the pile-on was what it was, is because the post from RUkiddingme read as unnecessarily snarky, given the serious nature of the subject. If they had just asked "Shouldn't this be in the off-topic boards," without the edginess, the reception may have been less cold.

Updated On: 9/24/24 at 06:27 PM

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#18Free Government Covid-19 Test Kits
Posted: 9/24/24 at 7:33pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "If they had just asked "Shouldn't this be in the off-topic boards," without the edginess,the reception mayhave been less cold."

That is certainly a fair point.

Latest Posts

Videos