News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Grease Live! Official Thread- Page 36

Grease Live! Official Thread

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#875Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 2:02pm

@ Petralicious: Here are the DVD Bonus Features:

GREASE LIVE! DVD

The GREASE LIVE! DVD is presented in 16x9 widescreen with English 2.0 Dolby Digital. The disc includes the following:

· Live television production
· Without a Net: Performing GREASE LIVE!
· Becoming the "T-Birds" and Pink Ladies
· Greasin' up the Joint
· Be-Bop, Swing and Jitterbug: The Choreography of GREASE LIVE!
· When Was Your First...?
· My Favorite Grease Moment

Updated On: 2/3/16 at 02:02 PM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#876Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 2:03pm

Last night on one of the fluff shows ( Xtra or ET.. one of those)  they were showing backstage footage of the control booth.  Anyone have a link?  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#877Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 2:23pm

I don't know how many of you subscribe to HULU, but they have a slew of behind-the-scenes teaser videos already posted. All were released prior to the telecast, but they have even more than Carlos's list. Around a dozen. They were fun to watch, and range from a couple of minutes to much longer.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#879Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 2:30pm

That's pretty amazing. Makes me respect what they did live even more.

Seriously, just hurl some Emmys at them.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#880Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 2:52pm

Yes.  That is it.   I love how her head bops towards the end.  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#881Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 4:21pm

I have watched Summer Nights countless times. It just makes me smile.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#882Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 4:26pm

CarlosAlberto said: ""gcal said: I'll be wearing my lacy lingerie" was replaced by "I'll be holding my bridal bouquet" which sounds silly to me. 

It was actually changed to "I'll be wearing my bridal bouquet" which is even more wrong-headed. Who the hell wears a bouquet?!?! >>

Johnny Weir ?    His Derby bouquet was a classic !!!

"

Updated On: 2/3/16 at 04:26 PM

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#883Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 4:28pm

Grease Live! Official Thread

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#884Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 5:27pm

On the broadcast she sang "wearing my bridal bouquet" but on the soundtrack she sings "holding my bridal bouquet".  Lyric flub, most likely.

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#885Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 6:02pm

DottieD'Luscia said: "I have watched Summer Nights countless times. It just makes me smile.

"Saw my  neighbour earlier,  he said "YOU girls are Hopelessly Devoted to Grease, or that song aren't you"! HA. SORRY!

When They Go Low, I Go High

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#886Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 8:09pm

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/grease-live!/id1074079159

The Digital HD version of GREASE LIVE is finally available on iTunes!

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#887Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 10:34pm

Two posters now have mentioned a lyric change in Greased Lightning to "draggin' wagon" (one was quoting a review written by someone else; i don't remember the details of the earlier post).  But I find it puzzling why would one interpret the sung lyric as "draggin' wagon" rather than "dragon wagon"?   The former makes the car sound slower, like it is struggling to keep up, while the latter makes it sounds like the car breathes fire (as it did in the final bit of the race when the "rocket-esque" modification kicked in and started working.  A car breathing doesn't make much sense if taken literally, but is no worse than "greased lightning" for a literal lyric, and both are big exaggerated metaphors for a bad-ass car.  Wouldn't the lyric more likely be dragon wagon than draggin' wagon?  Or did you see the latter in closed captioning while the show was playing?  Just curious.  (Or if there is a better interpretation of draggin' wagon that i'm missing, i'm all ears.  :)

JM226
#888Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 10:38pm

this doesn't answer your question but here is a little interesting write-up about the lyric changes: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/01/grease-live-lyric-change-greased-lightning

it seems that Coca Cola, their lead corporate sponsor, requested certain changes and even had some input into the decision. very interesting but not surprising i guess... 

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#889Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 10:40pm

There was a sitcom in the 80s called Head of the Class  that had an episode centered around school production of Grease.  That was the first time I heard someone use  "dragon wagon."  I think it was also the first time I realized what püssy wagon meant. 

adam.peterson44
#890Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 10:55pm

Thanks for the link.  I don't think i ever realized that the original was 'cream' and not 'scream'.  The last time i saw the movie was so long ago that i never heard it any other way (i wouldn't have known what it meant anyway back then, which is probably why my brain processed it as 'scream' all along). 

broadwaytbay Profile Photo
broadwaytbay
#891Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 10:58pm

Draggin' Wagon refers to Drag Racing... a draggin' wagon would be a fast car to drag race... ie like what they do at Thunder Road....

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#892Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 11:09pm

Is drag racing when a team of gay men compete with a team of women to see who can dress up a  man in dresses the quickest?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

broadwaytbay Profile Photo
broadwaytbay
#893Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/3/16 at 11:10pm

yup... you called it

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#894Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/4/16 at 12:25am

Someone took the control room video - and added in the aired version of Greased Lightning with a split screen.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP2QOmN57iU&feature=share

adam.peterson44
#895Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/4/16 at 3:07am

"Draggin' Wagon refers to Drag Racing... a draggin' wagon would be a fast car to drag race... ie like what they do at Thunder Road...."

Ah, that makes sense.  Thanks for the explanation!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#896Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/4/16 at 9:08am

I just can't believe they could say "eat me" and "flog the log" and "bite the weenie" but not lingerie.  

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#897Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/4/16 at 9:21am

Yeah, the lingerie line switch was mind boggling. I assume they didn't want a high school character singing about wearing lingerie for her non-high school boyfriend? Either way it was a stupid move. They clearly had issues with Marty since that scene between her and Mario Lopez's character played incredibly awkward...it didn't help that Lopez was so godawful and Keke Palmer was left to do all the heavy lifting.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

JM226
#898Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/4/16 at 9:58am

Phyllis Rogers Stone said: "I just can't believe they could say "eat me" and "flog the log" and "bite the weenie" but not lingerie.  

"

i agree that is weird but about the lingerie line, the variety article i just posted last night eludes to the possibility that was one of the changes Coca Cola requested. i assume because that is very specific and straightforward.  in terms of the others you mentioned, perhaps they felt "eat me" could be taken in a playful non-sexual way and "flog the log" would maybe go over the heads of the younger audience members. i mean who actually says that now a days? remember that unlike a lot of us on here who are closer to this era in age get a lot of the funny expressions and their double meanings. with the children in 2016, perhaps it goes more over their head because they are mostly antiquated 1950's expressions. the lingerie mention isn't. 

Theater_Nerd Profile Photo
Theater_Nerd
#899Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 2/4/16 at 12:37pm

I wanted to purchase this from iTunes and it seems they have removed it. It was there yesterday. Very odd.

You Can Disagree Without Being Disagreeable

Videos