News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

HAMILTON Previews

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#150HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 2:07pm

It's been extended to May 3 at the Public, so it won't open on Broadway this season.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#151HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 2:14pm

The NY Post article says that a cancellation of the extension is possible.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#152HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 2:19pm

I don't understand why they wouldn't want to soak in their glory now, then open in September at the Rodgers/Nederlander. They would be coming in strong, and if it's as good as everyone says it is, could easily last through the winter.

StageDoor3 Profile Photo
StageDoor3
#153HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 2:20pm

SOMETHING ROTTEN cancelled their preview run in Seattle so I guess the extension could get cancelled.

But I sure hope the extension is not canceled cause I just got a ticket for May 3 for my trip to New York. But then if it opens on Broadway before the Tony cut-off, I could still get a ticket. If that were the case, it would be nice if the Public and producers honored already purchased tickets and switched them to the Broadway venue.

Updated On: 2/4/15 at 02:20 PM

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#154HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 2:22pm

The NY Post article says that a cancellation of the extension is possible.

That was before they announced this most recent extension. Obviously they could still cancel, but it seems like it would be in even poorer taste to cancel now.

Also, regardless of whether Hamilton transfers this season, it will be an interesting and exciting awards season. Fun Home won't be eligible for anything other than the Tonys, and I'm very optimistic about Something Rotten, even though it's sort of an unknown quantity.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
Updated On: 2/4/15 at 02:22 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#155HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 2:24pm

I got that email before it was announced here and on Twitter, thankfully. I'm so happy I finally get to go with a decent seat.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#156HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 2:33pm

An agent friend of mine with a client in the show told me that it's not moving to Broadway this season as they are thinking of the fall @ the Rodgers.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

After Eight
#157HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 2:42pm

"It's been extended to May 3 at the Public, so it won't open on Broadway this season."

I knew it. It was all a tease. Those theatre gods can be cruel, indeed. They give you a glimmer of hope, and then shoot you down.

But honestly, I knew it would never happen. Because nothing, and I mean NOTHING can be allowed to stand in the way of that wretched little stinker come Tony Awards night.

Updated On: 2/4/15 at 02:42 PM

TheatreKid3
#158HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 2:44pm

And now it will more than likely go up against HUNCHBACK (if it does indeed come in next season as well). I was really hoping that wouldn't happen.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#159HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 3:03pm

Their website is crashing with traffic lol !!

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#160HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 3:55pm

Just got a 3rd row ticket for May 1! So excited!

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#161HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 4:11pm

Got a ticket for April 15th! Gonna keep trying the lotto until then though. Maybe I'll try to see Javi since the lotto might be super easy.

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#162HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 4:30pm

Looks like a Public day for me. Grounded @ 2 and Hamilton @ 7:30.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#163HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 4:39pm

The site is working, but it's super super slow.

iagowasframed
#164HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 4:49pm

I have tickets March 15th for me and my son....if they cancel would it be before or after then I wonder? I mean I'll not be happy if I bought tickets months in advance to have them cancel to move it to Broadway.....

BwayinVan
#165HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 6:05pm

Just called about getting tickets for Friday April 24th and it turns out they don't have a show that night HAMILTON Previews... Super bummed as it's the only night I will be in the city while Hamilton is running. Oh well, here is to hoping it heads to broadway soon...

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#166HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 10:27pm

When the inevitable Broadway transfer occurs, Mr. Miranda will be eligible for three Tony awards - score, book, leading actor. Has there ever been a person that was eligible for three awards in one night? It would be exciting if he was to win all three - that would definitely be some kindof a record!

brdway411
#167HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 10:40pm

Wasn't it the same for In The Heights?

DaveyG
#168HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 10:44pm

LMM didn't write the book for In the Heights, so he was eligible for two Tonys.

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#169HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 11:08pm

It's certainly a rare feat, though I do know that Tommy Tune was nominated for 3 Tony awards for My One and Only: Actor in a musical, choreography, and direction of a musical, winning the first two.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#170HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 11:32pm

Hopefully the hype translate to broader success.

I wonder why it's such a hot ticket? I'm a young guy, but I just have no desire to see this. Lin grates on my nerves. Rapping and musicals just always comes across as cheesy to me.

holdyourbatboy
#171HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/4/15 at 11:37pm

Has anyone seen the show from the last few rows of the Newman? If so, does it feel too far back?

MyLife
#172HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/5/15 at 8:46am

RippedMan, I can see where you're coming from about rap being cheesy but I can assure you that in this show, the rap is inspiring and passionate, which reflects the time very well. The founding fathers fought ruthlessly for our freedom and I think rapping can get that point across better than just speaking or singing. The show also has some more traditional (and beautiful) tunes, it's not all rap by any means.

holdyourbatboy, I would sit a little closer if possible. I've seen the show twice via lotto, one front row and one last row. The last row helps see the piece as a whole better and the choreography is breathtaking but I do think it was harder to lose yourself in it. I much preferred the show from the front.

neonlightsxo
#173HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/5/15 at 9:05am

The Newman is small, there's not a bad seat in the house.

brucebossa Profile Photo
brucebossa
#174HAMILTON Previews...
Posted: 2/5/15 at 10:48am

HenryTDobson and WickedFan... in 1978 Elizabeth Swados was nominated for 4 TONYS. Best Book, Score, Choreography and Direction of a Musical for RUNAWAYS. RUNAWAYS was also nominated for Best Musical - so in a way, she got 5 nominations. But only 4 she could personally receive. She did not win any of them. I did see RUNAWAYS - it was rather an edgy pretty great piece of theater. Probably quite dated now.

Updated On: 2/5/15 at 10:48 AM

Videos