News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Hamilton Box Seats

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#100Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/5/16 at 5:13pm

Esgred said: "Sir lurks-a-lot said: "That was another surprise--I thought lower boxes would be at least $239. It really did feel like an amazing stroke of good fortune. And after having read this forum, I knew that "C" was a good place to sit!"

I am in a huge rage right now (FURIOUS!)  Not, with you, but with the box office staff!  I was told that the soonest they had box seats available was December!  I told them that I was willing to get two box seats that weren't in the same box too.  Also, they charged me $239 and you got yours for less!  I wanted box D or box C.  I am going to have to go there and complain.
"

Esgred, sometimes box seats (or any other seats) open up for no reason (house seats being let go, producers returning seats, etc.) I can't recall what date in December you got tickets for, but during holiday times (it could be the a few weeks in a month), prices do go up. Like when I bought tickets for Thanksgiving last year, instead of $177, it was $199.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#101Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/5/16 at 5:54pm

Thank goodness for the voice of reason!  Hamilton Box Seats  Excellent point Sorano

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

mrjoanofarc
#102Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/5/16 at 10:17pm

My friend in NYC stopped by the box office for us last week and it was the same-- no availability til December-January. I should have seen it when I was there last Oct!!!

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#103Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/5/16 at 10:20pm

I just went today and got 2 box seats to a Wednesday in September. They told me they have a few single box seats available for September and October, if anyone is interested!

"I'd rater be nine peoples favorite thing, than a hundred peoples ninth favorite thing"

Sir lurks-a-lot
#104Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/5/16 at 10:22pm

Now I'm crushed. (About the Box C picture that turned out to be Box D.) I'm also kidding, in case tone doesn't convey in the forums...I know how lucky I got, and I wish there were more logic and sense to this whole process.

Updated On: 4/5/16 at 10:22 PM

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#105Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/5/16 at 10:26pm

Also, don't be deterred by the lady who works the cancellation line because she told me YESTERDAY that there were no box seats at all still available but something told me to actually check with the box office so I went back today. There was a guy working then and he was told me he didn't think there were any but to see what they said, so I did and it worked out for me!

"I'd rater be nine peoples favorite thing, than a hundred peoples ninth favorite thing"

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#106Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/6/16 at 10:08am

I wonder if selling box seats is harder for the box office personnel than selling regular tickets, and there's the temptation to just say "no more box seats" rather than look. That said, I was able to buy box seats on two separate occasions, so maybe it just depends on who's on duty. (I bought my box seats for May 7 back in November.)

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#107Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/6/16 at 11:28am

macnyc said: "I wonder if selling box seats is harder for the box office personnel than selling regular tickets, and there's the temptation to just say "no more box seats" rather than look. That said, I was able to buy box seats on two separate occasions, so maybe it just depends on who's on duty. (I bought my box seats for May 7 back in November.)

"

From what I saw yesterday I would say it's much easier! I asked about box seats and he went and got a list of remaining box seas. It was, from what I could see just a list of dates with how many tickets for each. When I took the last one with more than 1 remaining ticket he just crossed it off the list! I think they key is you have to specifically ask about the box seats. The guy in front of me was asking for any date for a non premium ticket and they told him no more none premium but then I got box seats after him...

Updated On: 4/6/16 at 11:28 AM

wndmom
#108Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/7/16 at 11:32am

For those who have been to this theater multiple times, I'm looking at two seats in Box A or another two seats in orchestra Row V, seats 111 and 113. Both sets say partial view, but which have the best view?  My son is over 6 feet tall and I'm wondering if the extra foot room in the box would help.  Pros and cons?

rjm516
#109Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/7/16 at 11:41am

Don't you think it's unfair that you have to specifically say box seats to get them to look? Like that guy who was looking for non-premium seats, they should have told him there were box seats! I mean I'm happy the poster above got them, but you know what I mean? It's weird that seats to Hamilton are on some sort of secret menu.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#110Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/7/16 at 12:10pm

wndmom said: "For those who have been to this theater multiple times, I'm looking at two seats in Box A or another two seats in orchestra Row V, seats 111 and 113. Both sets say partial view, but which have the best view?  My son is over 6 feet tall and I'm wondering if the extra foot room in the box would help.  Pros and cons?

I personally would go with Box A  I just don't like the view from the rear orchestra at the Rodgers. The mezzanine hangs low, and people's heads will be in your way because the rake isn't great back there. Plus there's no leg room.  

In the box, you can move your seats around and be comfortable. This advice is for LOWER boxes only.  

You can see for yourself at A View From My Seat. 

Updated On: 4/7/16 at 12:10 PM

wndmom
#111Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/7/16 at 4:34pm

macnyc said: "wndmom said: "For those who have been to this theater multiple times, I'm looking at two seats in Box A or another two seats in orchestra Row V, seats 111 and 113. Both sets say partial view, but which have the best view?  My son is over 6 feet tall and I'm wondering if the extra foot room in the box would help.  Pros and cons?

I personally would go with Box A  I just don't like the view from the rear orchestra at the Rodgers. The mezzanine hangs low, and people's heads will be in your way because the rake isn't great back there. Plus there's no leg room.  

In the box, you can move your seats around and be comfortable. This advice is for LOWER boxes only.  

"

I could not not find a picture of the view from Box A but I did see Box B. I assume they are fairly the same, so I will go with the box tickets.  Thanks,

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#112Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/7/16 at 4:51pm

wndmom said: "macnyc said: "wndmom said: "For those who have been to this theater multiple times, I'm looking at two seats in Box A or another two seats in orchestra Row V, seats 111 and 113. Both sets say partial view, but which have the best view?  My son is over 6 feet tall and I'm wondering if the extra foot room in the box would help.  Pros and cons?

"

I could not not find a picture of the view from Box A but I did see Box B. I assume they are fairly the same, so I will go with the box tickets.  Thanks,
"

This is probably too late to help you...

I sat in Box B and it looked like the audience in Box A were having some trouble seeing Stage Right moreso than I thought they would. Yes, you can adjust the seats for legroom, but the stairs are on that side and you'll miss some key scenes because they play more Stage Right, when it's not on the center of the stage.

I sat in Row V, House Right, for the second preview and it's not terrible with the overhang as there isn't too much happening on the 2nd level.

So...

Pro for Box Seats- you're close, more legroom

Con for Box Seats- you'll miss a handful of side action

Pro for Row V - you'll have a center, full-view of the main level

Con for Row V - limited legroom, you'll miss some upper level action, it's further back

jving
#113Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/8/16 at 8:28am

I just want to say thank you to this board because I was able to get a single ticket for October yesterday! And in the biggest surprise of all, I asked for box seats and he found a ticket in the Orchestra (non-premium). I'm ecstatic! There is a list of available seats, like another poster mentioned. The man in the box office said there are very few tickets left total for the year. But there are a few singles available, you can get lucky!

Updated On: 4/8/16 at 08:28 AM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#114Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/17/16 at 6:20pm

^^^Good to know! It seems to confirm my theory that the box office has access to seats that don't show up on Ticketmaster. 

A question: how many seats in a box? For some reason, I thought it was three, but my friend said there are four. I'll be in a lower box. Thanks!

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#115Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/17/16 at 6:27pm

macnyc said: "^^^Good to know! It seems to confirm my theory that the box office has access to seats that don't show up on Ticketmaster. 

A question: how many seats in a box? For some reason, I thought it was three, but my friend said there are four. I'll be in a lower box. Thanks!

"

Three seats in a box, at least when I was there in December.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#116Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/17/16 at 8:21pm

Thank you,  NYfan! Were you in a lower box or an upper box? A friend who saw the show in February from box B said there were four people in her box. Is it possible that the boxes have gone from three people to four? 

Updated On: 4/17/16 at 08:21 PM

JM226
#117Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/18/16 at 5:10pm

i love hamilton

Esgred
#118Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 4/18/16 at 7:39pm

"Esgred, sometimes box seats (or any other seats) open up for no reason (house seats being let go, producers returning seats, etc.) I can't recall what date in December you got tickets for, but during holiday times (it could be the a few weeks in a month), prices do go up. Like when I bought tickets for Thanksgiving last year, instead of $177, it was $199."

I was lucky to encounter a very nice employee when I went to complain/ask about this.  He confirmed that the $239/ticket was holiday pricing.  (The employee that sold them to me specifically told me that the price had gone up for good to $239, and didn't mention anything about holiday pricing.)

And, I was told that the box seats that were sold for September recently, had become available after I bought my tickets.

Thank you.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#119Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 5/11/16 at 3:44pm

Bumping this as I can't believe how amazing these seats are!  Sat there last night, and of the four times I've seen Hamilton (including fifth row center at the Public), these were my absolute favorite!  It gives you a completely unique perspective of the show watching it just slightly above the orchestra.  For those familiar, they were a lot like parterre seats at the Met.

Highly highly recommend  (...if you can find)!  And yes, the box office holds these seats and sells them at full price (non-premium) but stamps them as partial view.  I sat in Box D I believe (the one furthest from the stage but closest to the orchestra floor) and there were three seats in the box.  I think there were four in the box in front of us but I could be wrong.

Any who...just my 2 cents!

Esgred
#120Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 5/12/16 at 3:45am

macnyc said: "A friend who saw the show in February from box B said there were four people in her box. Is it possible that the boxes have gone from three people to four?"

I will be supremely angry if they try and stuff a fourth person in my box...  :-/

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#121Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 5/12/16 at 5:49am

They aren't going to seat them on your lap. (If it's true)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#122Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 5/12/16 at 6:49am

I don't know if my friend was mistaken or not, but I saw the show Saturday night from Box B, and there were just the three of us in the box. 

Morla
#123Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 5/14/16 at 3:04pm

should i get right boxes or left boxes

ChiTheaterFan
#124Hamilton Box Seats
Posted: 5/14/16 at 3:20pm

For those interested, I stopped by the box office a couple weeks ago and was told there were no more box seats available and more will not be released until the next block of dates goes on sale.

Videos