News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Jewish Broadway Stars

FrancisGumm Profile Photo
FrancisGumm
#75re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/3/06 at 2:18pm

just because Foster is not a "jewish name" doesnt mean that one cant be jewish. i know a jew named McMillan!

"Beating AIDS and extreme, stupid poverty, this is our moon shot. This is our civil rights struggle, our anti-apartheid movement. This is what the history books will remember our generation for--or blame us for, if we fail."-Bono

Jon
#76re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/3/06 at 2:19pm

Don't you remember the Adam Sandler song?

"Tom Cruise isn't - but I bet his agent is!"

Now Ulla Dance
#77re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/3/06 at 3:05pm

To all you guys asking "what does it matter"?

It matters because its fun to talk about....is there any better reason?

evic
#78re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/3/06 at 3:29pm

The fabulous and of so sweet...Loni Ackerman is an MOT

jasobres
#79re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/3/06 at 5:38pm

What is an MOT?

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

QuiteSo Profile Photo
QuiteSo
#80re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/3/06 at 6:15pm

"Guys, guys - Jesus was Jewish!"

...I couldn't resist.

Merrily we roll along, roll along...

Violet Tree
#81re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/3/06 at 6:17pm

Don't you remember the Adam Sandler song?

"Tom Cruise isn't - but I bet his agent is!"

It's actually I head his agent is.

And lmao about the Fosters. They are Protestant. My friend had a whole joke about them and religion.

spellingbee_ROCKS007 Profile Photo
spellingbee_ROCKS007
#82re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/3/06 at 7:14pm

Dan Fogler and Sarah Saltzberg are Jewish.

I can finally afford to see a Broadway show! -Norbert Leo Butz

Creative Lunatic
#83re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/3/06 at 7:24pm

As are Dan's character William Morris Barfee and Logainne is part Jewish because of Carl dad.
Also Celia's character Olive Ostrofsky is Jewish

evic
#84re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/3/06 at 7:45pm

Member of the tribe

Dollypop
#85re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/3/06 at 8:30pm

Tom Cruise is Irish. Cheno is a devoute Christian.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

eltenor Profile Photo
eltenor
#86re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/3/06 at 8:35pm

Woot for us tribe members. I had no idea a lot of those people were. Jewish geography is always fun.

#87re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/3/06 at 10:59pm

Isn't it interesting that Kristin Chenoweth and Mark Kudisch (who is Jewsih which was acknowledged earlier on this thread) were once engaged? I wonder if one of them was considering converting for the other.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#88re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/3/06 at 11:05pm

You're kidding, right? Kristin is as Christian as they come. She wouldn't touch a synagogue with a ten foot...wand!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 1/3/06 at 11:05 PM

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#89re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/3/06 at 11:13pm

I don't think that's true. She is a very strong Christian, but she's also open-minded and accepting of everyone. Not that she'd ever convert to Judaism, but I'm sure she has nothing against it.

Violet Tree
#90re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/3/06 at 11:40pm

Isn't it interesting that Kristin Chenoweth and Mark Kudisch (who is Jewsih which was acknowledged earlier on this thread) were once engaged? I wonder if one of them was considering converting for the other.

It could be why they broke up. I have heard other things though.

broadway_baby4
#91re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/4/06 at 12:36am

This is very off-topic and possibly answered before, but Violet Tree, what were the other things that ou heard about them breaking up?

Violet Tree
#92re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/4/06 at 12:48am

broadway_baby4-I don't really wanna start drama so I am gonna keep quiet.

broadway_baby4
#93re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/4/06 at 12:50am

hah alright i understand completely your reasons.
If you don't mind, please feel free to pm me. I promise there is no drama here lol. I'm just extremely curious. Gotta love gossip!

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#94re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/4/06 at 1:48am

Tom Cruise - I believe, has lost his mind. I was shocked when I found out Cheno was on that "700 Club" show, Pat Robertson is the KING of Hatred. I know he was allegedly not on the day she was, but just appearing on that show - It leaves me with a bad taste.
Golde Hawn is half Jewish, lol - I believe the Jewish Community keeps the arts alive by exposing their children to the finer arts and such and THANK GOD for that. They seem to hold on to more important values such as Family, Art - the kind of things one cannot buy. I suppose it is as sung in "Fiddler", Tradition.
Also, note how many funds & grants are from Jewish people, It is important to give back to your community and the world.
I suppose I'm just saying : JEWS ROCK!

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#95re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/4/06 at 7:05am

And, Joan Collins is Jewish too!

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#96re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/4/06 at 7:11am

Nope, nope, nope. You're all wrong. Kristin is Jewish. I mean honestly.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#97re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/4/06 at 9:18am

Ethel Merman was not Jewish. According to Jule Styne, she was terrified back then for the public to think she was Jewish as there was lots more Anti-Semitism at that time. According to Jule, Ethel was invited to a Cedar which Jule cooked and when she sat down at the table she pulled out a ham sandwich and proceeded to eat it, a most un-jewish trafe sort of thing to do. Jule promptly threw the offending sandwich to the floor exclaiming, "Ethel --you're insulting the waiters!"

Ethel's Heritage

Mind is Mantra.
Updated On: 1/4/06 at 09:18 AM

jasobres
#98re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/4/06 at 10:55am

Did you know that Shoshana is actually Hebrew for "flower"?

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#99re: Jewish Broadway Stars
Posted: 1/4/06 at 12:16pm

So Adam pascal is really jewish????

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

Videos