News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 118

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2925Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:09pm

Noteveryone is on the east coast. You might want to put up a spoiler alert.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

SporkGoddess
#2926Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:15pm

I'm having some pretty bad second-hand embarrassment.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#2927Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:17pm

I'm expecting that girls reaction to be made into a gift by tomorrow.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#2928Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:18pm

Oh Miss Ivy did not just say that!

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2929Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:23pm

Rodriquez is so miscast for the Girl in Once.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#2930Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:28pm

Sorry to spoil something for your Dramamama. I figured if anyone who can't watch right now doesn't want to be spoiled they would avoid this thread until after they've watched.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

SporkGoddess
#2931Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:30pm

Jimmy stopped taking his medication, apparently.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#2932Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:33pm

Poor Christian Borle has to carry the load of the show's plunkity-plunk moments, apparently.

That scene with the wine bottle was one of the more WTF moments in the SMASH-iverse.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#2933Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:33pm

At least we know Rent officially exists in Smashworld. Also, who thinks those Bombshell and Hit List Playbills will be a hot grab at the flea market this year???

Updated On: 5/26/13 at 09:33 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2934Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:34pm

You didn't spoil anything for me --I'm only speaking for others. And this is so gawd-awful, you couldn't possibly ruin it.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

WhizzerMarvin
#2935Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:37pm

Ha, it really is awful!

This stagedoor stuff with Ivy is cringeworthy, and poor Tom with the wine bottle.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2936Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:40pm

just give us the nominees and then cut straight to the Tonys. Add in a performance from Pippin and I'll be a happy camper with the closure of this show.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

WhizzerMarvin
#2937Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:43pm

The whole nominations into the Tonys is going to be so rushed.

If we are going to go through the OCC, Drama Desk, etc, this really could have been played out over several episodes.

Mary Testa looks great!!

That Lena Dunham and a bra joke. Ooof.

Updated On: 5/26/13 at 09:43 PM

SporkGoddess
#2938Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:46pm

I hope Tom doesn't win Best Director.

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#2939Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:48pm

The Sutton Foster nomination reaction was one of my favorite things of SMASH.

WhizzerMarvin
#2940Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:50pm

I hope neither Tom nor Derek win Best Director.

Jimmy waited at the stagedoor for Karen and she didn't know it was him?! LOL

BroadwayStar4 Profile Photo
BroadwayStar4
#2941Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:53pm

I almost freaked out when Ivy Lynn's name didn't get called. This show has manyyy flaws, but this character redeemed herself and worked hard for the role.
Updated On: 5/26/13 at 09:53 PM

littlebro2
#2942Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:56pm

I still find it stupid that Ana didn't get back in the show. Yes, I guess it's important to show corruption in theatre, but still.

2014- Cripple of Inishmaan, Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Bullets Over Broadway

latitudex1 Profile Photo
latitudex1
#2943Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:57pm

A Glee-style group number, autotuned to all hell and all. Cute. *BARF*

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2944Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:58pm

Seriously?? Pressure was probably the worst song in all two seasons. That was simply awful. That number alone should have convinced NBC to cancel the show.

BroadwayStar4 Profile Photo
BroadwayStar4
#2945Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 9:59pm

I hate, HATE when they don't sing Broadway songs...

WhizzerMarvin
#2946Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 10:00pm

So Imitation of Life was written by Jeanine Tesori and Tony Kushner with choreography by Susan Stroman?

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#2947Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 10:00pm

Whoah! I didn't know Derek could sing!! The number was kind of silly but it was fun.

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#2948Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 10:01pm

And Pasek and Paul got a shout out!!!! Highlight of the night.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#2949Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/26/13 at 10:02pm

Is anyone else totally confused as to who "the press" hates and why?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Videos