News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 52

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

Back Row
#1275SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:18pm

This thread has degenerated into self parody. The commentary is as ridiculous and predictable as the SMASH that some of you perceive.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1276SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:22pm

Ok. And sure.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#1277SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:23pm

You are correct. That scene is Marilyn visiting her mom in a mental institution.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1278SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:28pm

F*CKing Sam is the worst. There's not a bad situation he can't stick his nose in and make worse. I hate him.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1279SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:28pm

This episode was all over the place for me. We simply need more Hilty/Bombshell and less McPhee/Hit List. Why must every song that McPhee sings be badly autotuned?? The Hang the Moon number was a highlight for me and Rodriquez's number just didn't make sense. WTF was that anyway??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1280SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:34pm

It was about being the diva and getting the attention Karen should be getting. Ana and Karen gonna have troubles now.

Is she Ana like Cher or Madonna? Even when she introduced herself to the guy from the Times she just said Ana.

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#1281SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:38pm

Well I basically just watched the Bernadette scenes, not gonna lie.
I hate this show so much it hurts but my BP love took over.
She looked ridiculous and couldn't move her face, though. I liked the song and her voice sounded good.
But did anyone else burst out laughing when she said "I won a Tony for Anything Goes!"
RUDE. and amazing.

"Nice is different than good."

Jordan Catalano
#1282SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:38pm

Ana is the Nomi and Karen is the Crystal.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1283SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:41pm

I can't wait to find out Jimmy's real last name!

I hope Sam dies!

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#1284SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:42pm

Ana is the Gaston and Karen is the Beast

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1285SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:43pm

Ana is the Diva and Karen is the Pageboy, the silent role.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#1286SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:44pm

Could you imagine Karen thrashing around in a swimming pool, while riding Jimmy?

Jordan Catalano
#1287SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:45pm

Ana is the Theresa and Karen is the Caroline.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1288SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:45pm

Also, ever since it was all "The Diva" "The Diva" "The Diva" since last week I've been imagining it's Hard to be the Diva from Starmites.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#1289SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:47pm

Ana is the Veruca and Karen is the Oompa Loompa #3

Jordan Catalano
#1290SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:49pm

Ana is Tara and Karen is the Sooki.

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#1291SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:49pm

I'm loving the Hilty/Bernadette/Bombshell stuff. Those scenes are some of my favorite of the season.

I could really do without Hit List. They need to explain what role The Diva plays. She only had one song? The number definitely felt like Spider-Man. Ana would make a good Arachne.

Drug Dealer plotline...zzz

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

WhizzerMarvin
#1292SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:51pm

Karen is the Mary and Ana is the Rhoda

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Jordan Catalano
#1293SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:53pm

I'M THE MARY!! You're a pasty hag on a death bed!

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#1294SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:56pm

Neither of them are Romy or Michele

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#1295SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:56pm

I know right, they are so pushing the "Jimmy is bad news" storyline. And the fact that he took the drugs in the end is supposed to indicate that he is just totally unstable. I have to say, as an actual young person (don't be fooled by my use of the phrase "young person". I swear I am), I know MANY MANY MANY people who would gladly accept a bag of free recreational drugs were it to be dangled in front of them and they aren't anywhere near "dangerous" or whatever. But to say Smash's writing team is out of touch with reality would be the understatement of the year so..... Jimmy's overdosing in T minus 3 episodes?

Jordan Catalano
#1296SMASH
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:59pm

He's not going to overdose until opening night when he'll come stumbling into the party looking like Uma Thurman in PULP FICTION.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#1297SMASH
Posted: 4/3/13 at 12:00am

I can't wait for Julia to rewrite the Hit List book so that the Diva is now the lead and Karen's character barely has any part. That would be the only thing that would make me legitimately happy at this point.

WhizzerMarvin
#1298SMASH
Posted: 4/3/13 at 12:21am

I really feel like they are going to kill off Jimmy- maybe on Tony night. When they call out his name for Best Score or Best Actor he'll be in the Marquis bathroom choking on his own vomit.

bjh, It would be funny to see Karen's part reduced in Hit List after she quit Bombshell to do the show.

I do appreciate that Martin's character admitted that the story of Hit List needed work.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1299SMASH
Posted: 4/3/13 at 12:23am

I miss Jimmy already. I wish we could trade Sam's life for Jimmy's.

Videos