News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

NYC Hotels?

alienlance
#25NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/5/11 at 3:41pm

I sent you a message with details on my cheap sublet next week. Hope you take a look!

tking001
#26NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/5/11 at 3:45pm

The Hostels with the private room are more than some of the hotels im finding

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#27NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/6/11 at 6:39am

Just remember Tom, a REALLY cheap hotel room will likely be disgusting in one way or another.

I don't know how old you are (but I know you are on the young side) so make sure you check the age restrictions of checking into hotels.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

tking001
#28NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/6/11 at 9:06am

Im 19

brettystar Profile Photo
brettystar
#29NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/8/11 at 1:29am

Thanks to everyone for your hotel advice. Thanks too to tking001 for asking the question as it has given me some great suggestions. I hope you found somewhere tking001.

'Downtown Elaiggghhhy?'

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#30NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/8/11 at 1:37am

There is a reason the Milford Plaza is doing such cheap rates in Jan, Feb, and March. It is because the hotel is FILTHY and they have not changed a thing since they closed it last year. It's cheaper than the Hotel Carter at this point and it is easily poised to become the next Hotel Carter.

Stay at your own risk. I stayed just before it closed and it was so dirty and there were bedbugs.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Jyn326
#31NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/8/11 at 6:18am

Any opinions on Comfort Inn Theatre District? I'm staying there in February. I've previously stayed at the Edison Hotel and Milford Plaza and didn't care for them. Anyone know if this hotel is better/worse or the same as the other two? (as far as cleanliness, room size, value for the price, etc,)

dramamama611
#32NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/8/11 at 6:27am

Bettyboy -- can you tell me how you know it is still in deplorable condiditon?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#33NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/8/11 at 10:04am

I've been staying at the Radio City Apts for last few years prices have gone up but I still feel they are good value.
They are a small apt building that converted to hotel it's older and I have heard summer is less good as they use individual A.C.which are noisy.
They usually have some "special" on til end of Feb. The big advantage for me as most/many of the rooms have full size fridges and stoves w ovens inc pots pans etc so I save money eating in (mostly)" the location is great w 49th just a block away from Radio City Rockefeller Centre Saks is about 2 blocks away and of course the theatres are close too.
It is NOT fancy but hey Im not around enough to need fancy. Just clean & safe.
Radio City Apts

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#34NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/8/11 at 11:37am

Dramamama, I have a friend who works for another hotel chain who said that once the Milford closed its doors to renovate, the previous owner did not have the capital to make the needed renovations, so the hotel just sat not being worked on.

It was sold to a new buyer who wanted to start generating revenue, but does want to do renovations a little at a time, keeping the hotel open. He did not want to be losing revenue by keeping the hotel closed.

Originally, the hotel was to be closed for almost two years to complete all renovations and it re-opened about a year after it closed. I read that in the paper.

So I guess we won't know things for sure until someone stays there but I guess the lobby is the same-very dated, electrical tape on cracked mirrors.

They may have done a thorough cleaning, but who knows?

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Billy Whiz
#35NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/8/11 at 12:35pm

When I came to New York last October I rented a room in Queens through this site.

http://www.airbnb.com/

It cost me $64pn but there are cheaper places.

kover22 Profile Photo
kover22
#36NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/8/11 at 1:27pm

A friend of mine sent me this website when I was looking into a trip to NYC. My trip got cancelled for now but the site might help you.

http://www.offandaway.com

I have RSD...but it doesn't have me!!!!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#37NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/8/11 at 1:32pm

Maybe the rates at the Intercontinental will come down now!

tking001
#38NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/8/11 at 2:29pm

Now Im thinking of only staying 4 nights to cut down on cost
Wednesday-Sunday

brettystar Profile Photo
brettystar
#39NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/9/11 at 12:50am

Excuse my ignorance adamgreer but why might the rates on the Intercon come down? Sorry if I have missed something.
Bettyboy72 - I was considering the Milford but read some reviews on tripadvisor and most of them pretty much said the same as you.

'Downtown Elaiggghhhy?'

dramamama611
#40NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/9/11 at 12:57am

^Are they NEW reviews? The Milford only re-opened in December, so they might be old. (If they are new, that's a different story.)

Edited: NM. I went and looked for myself. I guess I was hoping for the best for a change. Guess I'll keep my more expensive resesrvations somewhere else!

Updated On: 1/9/11 at 12:57 AM

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#41NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/9/11 at 1:14pm

I'm thinking it was s'posed to be joke about the horrific event that took place @ the InterContinental.
Murder

brettystar Profile Photo
brettystar
#42NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/9/11 at 10:02pm

Thanks for clearing that up sabrelady.

'Downtown Elaiggghhhy?'

mikey2573
#43NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/11/11 at 1:28am

Trust me, you will NEVER find a Hotel in NYC for $45 a night. You need to look at staying outside of the city, and even then you need to double your price. I usually stay in Stamford CT. You can get a decent hotel for under $100 a night. The Stamford Plaza is about $90 a night on Hotels.com. Also, the Best Value Inn is about $60 and the Amsterdamn (where I usually stay) is about $80. You then take the Metro North into Grand Central for around $18 round trip. I usually go for 2 nights and go into the city twice. So my 2 nights in the Amsterdamn at $80 a night comes to $160, plus the $36 for 2 round trip Metro Norht tickets plus $10 for the parking at the train station comes to around $210. And that is for TWO nights. ONE night in a NYC hotel is around $250 and that doesn't even include the close to 20% room tax the city sticks on you. Trust me, it is easier and a HELL of a lot cheapter to stay outside the city.

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#44NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/11/11 at 1:42am

whats some of the better higher end times square hotels that people like? W Tines Sq is always a good bet

dramamama611
#45NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/11/11 at 5:23am

There are LOTS of decent and even nice hotels to stay at IN NYC for under 250 a night. I do it all the time.

thetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
#46NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/11/11 at 12:45pm

414 hotel.com
I live nr it, have seen it, it's a very petite boutique hotel in a 4 story brownstone walkup w/a carriage house behind it....a lovely block --- West 46th Betw. 9-10th Ave. Hidden gem. Small, but very nice rooms, xtra clean. Been there.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#47NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/11/11 at 1:03pm

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South on 39th St. I come into the city through Penn Station so it wasn't a long walk to and from Penn nor was it overly far from the theatres. It was clean and the staff was friendly. The room was only a little bigger than the bed but that's fairly par for the course in NYC. But I would stay there again and definitely recommend it.

I did a check and for Jan 28-31 it's $139/night

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

broadwayjim42
#48NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/11/11 at 2:59pm

I got the Ramada New Yorker for $85/night through Priceline last week, but I think you have to be 21 to use the name your own price feature there.

The Herald Square on W 31st is decent, if no frills, and their rooms start at $109 in January.

The Jane on Way West 13th isn't a bad option if you don't mind shared bathrooms. The place is strictly for sleeping since the rooms are literally cubbyholes, but rooms this time of year start in the $69-79 range. Same with the Pod on E 51st.

Check Travelzoo and Quikbook as well.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#49NYC Hotels?
Posted: 1/12/11 at 8:49pm

My sis & her husband stayed @ The Muse during the summer and loved it. Very high end. ( you can buy their beds!) I've stayed @ The Time which was very urban chic kool.

Videos