Skip to main content
Shop Merch Add a Show Listing
My Shows
News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

NYT: $100 Million Plan to Make Studio 54 a First-Class Theater

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.

#2

NYT: $100 Million Plan to Make Studio 54 a First-Class Theater

“To generate additional money for the project, Roundabout has asked the city to let it sell developers in the theater district the bonus floor area rights that Roundabout stands to receive as a result of the rehabilitation work.“

This is after and/or on top of the tens of millions Roundabout is asking from the city. What developers are lined up to profit from this deal because it’s certain that they are and have possibly been attached to this venture from the beginning.

Updated On: 4/14/26 at 09:02 AM

#3

NYT: $100 Million Plan to Make Studio 54 a First-Class Theater

It's already a first-class theater.

The history, the atmosphere etc. make it extra special.

So it's not perfect, but it has a certain magic that corporate gloss can never compete with. Hopefully that will not be lost.


Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Updated On: 4/14/26 at 09:22 AM

#5

NYT: $100 Million Plan to Make Studio 54 a First-Class Theater

blaxx said: "What class is it at the moment?"

In my opinion, the orchestra seating section is pleasantly old-fashioned and very comfortable.

The mezzanine is horribly crowded and very uncomfortable, and even the very front of it seems pretty far from the stage.

The orchestra for a musical is generally stuck in the boxes, which is obviously not how things are really supposed to be.

The lobby space, though ample for Broadway standards, is arranged very awkwardly.

I hope they keep some things the same, but there's tons of room for improvement.



#9

NYT: $100 Million Plan to Make Studio 54 a First-Class Theater

Any renovation that can improve leg room throughout would be a huge win. I recall the sightlines actually being okay from the rear mezz but I haven’t sat up there in a while.

#10

NYT: $100 Million Plan to Make Studio 54 a First-Class Theater

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Any renovation that can improve leg room throughout would be a huge win. I recall the sightlines actually being okay from the rear mezz but I haven’t sat up there in a while."

I was up there just a month ago for Rocky Horror and it is indeed a very good view for a rear mezz, but part of that is how steep it is.


"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
#11

NYT: $100 Million Plan to Make Studio 54 a First-Class Theater

Well, a 2029 start date rules out that RH will close in February for the exclusive purpose of renovation.

I do wonder if with the money they do have, they can start making incremental improvements and refurbishments. What I will say is that I’m not a fan of what they did with the Haimes and the areas the public accesses. I miss the 5th Floor lounge where you could look out the big window and there was a lot of space. Now it’s just a small box of a room. The lobby also looks a lot more…sterile.

I don’t know how any of this works, but I just hope they can fix that war crime of a mezzanine sooner rather than later


Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Latest Posts

BroadwayWorld TV


Ticket Central
Hot Show
Tickets From $58
Hot Show
Tickets From $80
Hot Show
Tickets From $67
Hot Show
Tickets From $59