News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 45

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#1100Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/30/16 at 10:25pm

Dave28282 said: "And yet it is a film, on screen, with close-ups, recorded on a set, called stage..."

yes see exactly, it may have been recorded on video but it isn't a feature film adaptation. they are different things and one of the main things is that they take place not on a stage.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#1101Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/30/16 at 10:26pm

Disney has officially released her singing part. Again, her voice is beautiful, but it's so young-sounding and a bit awkward

https://www.facebook.com/DisneyBeautyAndTheBeast/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

disneybroadwayfan22
#1102Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/30/16 at 10:31pm

double

Updated On: 12/30/16 at 10:31 PM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#1103Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/30/16 at 10:31pm

y'all she's not an old crone she's a young woman, she's allowed to sound young

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

disneybroadwayfan22
#1104Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/30/16 at 10:32pm

Haha. Not expecting Paige O'Hara or Susan Egan, but Belle should sound a bit mature when she sings 

RW3
#1105Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/30/16 at 10:56pm

To me, it sounds exactly what I thought Emma Watson singing voice would sound like. I also appreciate how Paige, Susan, and Emma sound distinct and different from each other. Again, this is only a 33 second clip but I like what I hear so far.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#1106Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/30/16 at 11:04pm

Belle is supposed to be what 16 or 17 years old??

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#1107Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/31/16 at 12:23am

she's 16

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#1108Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/31/16 at 12:34am

According to Paige O'Hara, she was cast in the animated version partly because "...they wanted a woman that was ahead of her time, a woman for this character that sounded more like a woman than a girl. Consequently my voice – I was 30 years old, but they said, 'We want your voice. We want her to have a womanly quality to her, even though she's only 18 years old. We want her to be mature beyond her years." (http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/popcornbiz/Beauty-and-the-Beast-3D-Gives-Original-Star-Paige-OHara-a-New-Perspective-137157048.html) I don't think it's essential to try to replicate that quality (vocally, at least) in the live-action version though. (Although, I'm guessing they might not specify Belle's age in the new version, and may implicitly age her up by just a few years anyway, given that Dan Stevens is, and looks, over 30; modern sensibilities etc.)

Emma Watson sounds a lot better than I'd expected based on the comments here. They clearly wanted someone with box office pull for the role, and could have done a lot worse. I'm still on board for this.

(BTW, this link is working better for me for the official release of the audio, just in case it helps anyone else: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyBeautyAndTheBeast/videos/10155624629694097/.)

Updated On: 12/31/16 at 12:34 AM

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#1109Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/31/16 at 5:30am

gypsy101 said: "Dave28282 said: "And yet it is a film, on screen, with close-ups, recorded on a set, called stage..."

yes see exactly, it may have been recorded on video but it isn't a feature film adaptation. they are different things and one of the main things is that they take place not on a stage.

"

The whole Les Mis film took place on stages and was more live than Miss Saigon. It's the same thing. It's about the craft.

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#1110Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/31/16 at 5:32am

Fan123 said: "
(BTW, this link is working better for me for the official release of the audio, just in case it helps anyone else: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyBeautyAndTheBeast/videos/10155624629694097/.)"

That audio makes it sound even more amateurish because you can hear more detail. It is just a dead, insecure, straightened, autotuned, robotic-lifeless, thin, spoken tone. Digitally pulled to a straight note. Isn't the character supposed to have life in her? And excitement? And nuance? Every syllable in singing tells a story. 
Otherwise, don't sing.

Updated On: 12/31/16 at 05:32 AM

Princeton2
#1111Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/31/16 at 6:38am

Dave28282 said: "gypsy101 said: "Dave28282 said: "And yet it is a film, on screen, with close-ups, recorded on a set, called stage..."

"

The whole Les Mis film took place on stages and was more live than Miss Saigon. It's the same thing. It's about the craft.

"

no youre wrong, the whole les mis film did not take place on stages. various real locations were used in the UK and France

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#1112Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/31/16 at 7:19am

All filmsets can be called stages. 

And yet, the Miss Saigon film version feels much more real and truthful. 

And that's because of people mastering the craft of intimate, filmic, great detailed singing and acting. Combined with good cinematography.

Especially with this artform, every little detail and nuance in a note tells a story. This is the finest art in the world. People will see and hear everything. In the case of BATB for example, in Something There, the last "see", should be held a bit longer, because during that note she is thinking what is happening, she is kind of astonished herself, she can't believe what she is seeing. The note should tell that. The note should be filled with excitement and there should definitely be an audible creciendo in the excitement in her feeling. So the note starts in a certain way and ends in another way. With a beginning, middle and end. THAT is how this language works.

That is what makes it feel natural.

But this....is just complete trash.

Updated On: 12/31/16 at 07:19 AM

Princeton2
#1113Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/31/16 at 7:26am

what? as good as miss saigon filming was its still obviously a filmed stage show. it doesn't feel like you're watching real life. id also seriously question that everyone in miss saigon had mastered acting.

on one hand your criticising les mis (we get it you dont like it) for being filmed on stages, then you say all film sets can be called stages. Therefore Les Mis didn't do anything that every movie ever made has done. 

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#1114Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/31/16 at 7:40am

Princeton2 said: "what? as good as miss saigon filming was its still obviously a filmed stage show. it doesn't feel like you're watching real life. "

The approach of this artform (acting through song) should never be approached as real life.

Because per definition it is the opposite. They need to explore every nuance in every note and paint with the art.

kofler22
#1115Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/31/16 at 7:58am

We can t expect for them to sound like we re used to...Mrs Potts won t sound like Angela Lansbury, Lumiere won t sound like Jerry Orbsch, etc...it s a new version for a new media. Take it or leave it. 

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#1116Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/31/16 at 8:03am

Leave it. Definitely.

I'm repelled by the disrespect.

Updated On: 12/31/16 at 08:03 AM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1117Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/31/16 at 9:41am

Dave28282 said: "Leave it. Definitely.

Disrespect for whom? Or what?

jimmycurry01
#1118Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/31/16 at 1:54pm

Dave28282 said: "Leave it. Definitely.

"

Seems like Dave19 under a new screen name, spouting the same bull as ever.

Mrtrobz
#1119Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/31/16 at 4:19pm

Does anyone else think this clip didn't sound like a final sound mixing. I don't know what it was but it seems like the tracks weren't final or polished. I noticed during the promotion for Les Miserable they had a similar sound in terms of promotion like the music track was overly low compared to the vocal one.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#1120Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/1/17 at 4:40am

Mrtrobz said: "I noticed during the promotion for Les Miserable they had a similar sound in terms of promotion like the music track was overly low compared to the vocal one."

That issue was not resolved on any print of the finished film that I have seen...

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#1121Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/1/17 at 11:24am

adamgreer said: "Dave28282 said: "Leave it. Definitely.

Disrespect for whom? 

"

For audiences. 

GreatBroadwayFan Profile Photo
GreatBroadwayFan
#1122Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/1/17 at 7:25pm

https://youtu.be/sxSSH6IFVRc

So we've got  couple of new scenes to look at in this TV spot. 1. I think the "That is a hairbrush" line is very clever and 2. The snowball fight...Adorable! #75MoreDaysBeauty and the Beast

westendfanatic Profile Photo
westendfanatic
#1123Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/2/17 at 1:11pm

here is another TV spot posted on the "Beauty & The Beast Movie News" instagram page: - 

LINK = https://www.instagram.com/p/BOvo8PADwJu/?hl=en

It looks so good and Dan is so charming xx

GreatBroadwayFan Profile Photo
GreatBroadwayFan
#1124Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/4/17 at 5:53pm

These TV Spots are getting better and better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iS-2M_dn0Q&index=1&list=FLS4WQyPBgatuUMF-7rlbkLw

Videos