News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 43

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

westendfanatic Profile Photo
westendfanatic
#1050Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/16 at 8:11am

Angela Lansbury has surprised me saying that.

From what we have seen so far (as far as the images, trailers, etc...goes) it looks as if the cinematography is going to be amazing. like i have said previously, i am very intrigued to see how they are going to do the prologue for the film and after seeing the photo of Emma and Luke, I cannot wait to see how they have created the whole "BELLE" sequence. i think Ewan's "french" accent is a bit naf, but i feel that there is no doubt about it that the film is going to be nothing but a masterpiece. People MUST think that the film is going to be fantastic (inc. myself) after the trailer featuring Kevin, Dan, etc...has had over 120,000,000 views.

hork Profile Photo
hork
#1051Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/16 at 12:17pm

I'm with Angela. I don't understand why people keep getting excited for these repackaged Disney movies.

westendfanatic
#1052Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/16 at 7:07pm

ALSO.......Emma and Dan have unbelievable chemistry in the following interview (from 6:50 to 9:00)...

LINK = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtlDoajvUvc

(as well as Josh commenting about it on the actual filming day), so the interaction between the two of them in this movie, is going to be A-MAZ-ING!!!!! I cannot wait.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#1053Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/16 at 7:46pm

Dave28282 said: "I just think they hope to "get away" with some of the songs/singing of certain people. Hoping to get it somewhat acceptable. Instead of using voices and music to elevate a scene to a higher level. Which is the essence of this artform.

It could be so wonderful if this AND elaborate cinematography were united. I haven't seen either of these things in these previews yet. It's like they already apologize for the singing. But at least they can always blame the fact that it is film, so speaking 4 words and use vibrato on the 5th makes it more realistic, just like Les Mis. (sarcastic mode off).

Let's just wait for the film, maybe they did some wonderful studio recording which will surprise me. At least it's not a live theatre performance on a pavement, so it probably will feel more like a film than les Mis.
"

it's almost like you believe Disney has never crafted an advertising campaign. they do this thing where they create anticipation and don't give everything away all at once. no one is pretending this isn't a musical. they must expect everyone in America to recall the very successful film version of this story from 1991 that was nominated for the Oscar for best picture or possibly the stage musical that ran for 12 years on Broadway.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

ukpuppetboy Profile Photo
ukpuppetboy
#1054Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/16 at 9:30pm

Westendfanatic - I wish I shared your optimism - but when a live action musical is given over to a leading actor who isn't musical and another who isn't live action I struggle a little.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#1055Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/16 at 9:49pm

I don't know why Lansbury's comment would be controversial. She's kind to keep saying that she "doesn't know why" this is being done, because we all know why: it will make money. It is impossibe to justify from an artistic standpoint, as the director himself has proven in interviews. I think it's utterly pointless and I will pay to see it. Disney knows it has us.  

GreatBroadwayFan Profile Photo
GreatBroadwayFan
#1056Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/16 at 10:55pm

westendfanatic said: "Angela Lansbury has surprised me saying that.

From what we have seen so far (as far as the images, trailers, etc...goes) it looks as if the cinematography is going to be amazing. like i have said previously, i am very intrigued to see how they are going to do the prologue for the film and after seeing the photo of Emma and Luke, I cannot wait to see how they have created the whole "BELLE" sequence. i think Ewan's "french" accent is a bit naf, but i feel that there is no doubt about it that the film is going to be nothing but a masterpiece. People MUST think that the film is going to be fantastic (inc. myself) after the trailer featuring Kevin, Dan, etc...has had over 120,000,000 views.
"

I agree 100%!!!

Wilmingtom
#1057Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/27/16 at 1:31am

There have already been a dozen filmed adaptations so why not one more?  I believe in Condon's ability to tell a good story.

Joviedamian
#1058Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/27/16 at 10:54am

100% agree..once I saw his face was CGI, it took me out of the movie completely. 

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#1059Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/27/16 at 11:03am

Wilmingtom said: "There have already been a dozen filmed adaptations so why not one more?  I believe in Condon's ability to tell a good story.

"

Hardly the same thing as directly remaking a previous version. 

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#1060Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/27/16 at 11:08am

I'm with Lansbury too. I'm sure the movie could be fine, but from an artistic standpoint, what's the reason for this? Does anyone really think it'll be a vast improvement or major change?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

westendfanatic
#1061Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/27/16 at 4:47pm

From = Sunday, 27 November 2016
To = Friday, 17 March 2017

Result = 110 days

Or 3 months, 18 days

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1062Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/27/16 at 7:36pm

Just saw fantastic beasts and Beauty and the Beast had a preview. One thing that bugged me was the beast's voice sounded exactly like Kylo Ren's voice. 

Anyone else notice this?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

GreatBroadwayFan
#1063Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/9/16 at 12:46am

I posted this yesterday but it's still exciting! The countdown begins!!!

Beauty and the Beast

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#1065Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/15/16 at 7:04pm

I had misgivings about Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Plumette. When I saw that her enchanted form was white, I thought why is a black actress playing a character that's all white. But now that I see her human costume it makes more sense.

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#1066Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/15/16 at 8:17pm

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) said: "I had misgivings about Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Plumette. When I saw that her enchanted form was white, I thought why is a black actress playing a character that's all white. But now that I see her human costume it makes more sense."

I had misgivings about Ian McKellen as Cogsworth. When I saw that his enchanted form was brown, I thought why is a white actor playing a character that's all brown. But now that I see his human costume it makes more sense.

I pray to god that your post was not serious. Porcelain is white and wood is brown. Pull that race-stick out of your ass and slap yourself in the face with it.

Updated On: 12/15/16 at 08:17 PM

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#1067Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/15/16 at 10:16pm

Dave28282 said: "ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) said: "I had misgivings about Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Plumette. When I saw that her enchanted form was white, I thought why is a black actress playing a character that's all white. But now that I see her human costume it makes more sense."

I had misgivings about Ian McKellen as Cogsworth. When I saw that his enchanted form was brown, I thought why is a white actor playing a character that's all brown. But now that I see his human costume it makes more sense.

I pray to god that your post was not serious. Porcelain is white and wood is brown. Pull that race-stick out of your ass and slap yourself in the face with it.

"

First of all don't be sarcastic with me. It's the last thing I need right now. Secondly how do you even know that it's porcelain? And third yes I was being serious.

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#1068Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/17/16 at 6:34am

If it's not porcelain what other race could it be? Glass?

And I think you are kind of sweet, but seriously...

GreatBroadwayFan
#1069Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/18/16 at 1:50am

Beauty and the Beast

Another gorgeous poster!!!

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#1070Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/27/16 at 4:03pm

The soundtrack is now available for pre-order at Disney Music Emporium...with an exclusive lithograph offer!

*inner collector squeal*

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1071Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/27/16 at 4:10pm

After shipping it's about $40! Maybe until after the holidays or I'll just get the deluxe soundtrack by itself.

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#1072Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/29/16 at 3:23pm

http://comicbook.com/2016/12/29/possible-first-preview-of-emma-watson-singing-in-beauty-the-beas/

Is this Emma Watson singing? I hope not. It sounds like a 6 year old girl trying to speak a few words staccato. Cutting every word short, wobbly and strange pace. Let's hope it's just a recording of some girl from the local toy store.

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#1073Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/29/16 at 4:39pm

Keep in mind the sound quality of the recording isn't great. We'll have to wait for the film to come out in a movie theater for a better sound quality recording. Or wait for the film's soundtrack to come out.

jimmycurry01
#1074Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 12/29/16 at 4:48pm

Dave28282 said: "http://comicbook.com/2016/12/29/possible-first-preview-of-emma-watson-singing-in-beauty-the-beas/

Is this Emma Watson singing? I hope not. It sounds like a 6 year old girl trying to speak a few words staccato. Cutting every word short, wobbly and strange pace. Let's hope it's just a recording of some girl from the local toy store.

"

Hard to say if it is her. If it is, I'd still wait until a real crisp and clear version is available before making a  concrete judgement.

Videos