News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 46

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

FlySkyHigh
#1125Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 1:06pm

Beauty and the Beast

jonahke
#1126Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 1:53pm

The new poster is so incredibly beautiful! 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#1127Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 6:54pm

one of the busiest-looking film posters i've ever seen. why do they need everyone's face on it?? plus why even show the servants in their human form?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#1128Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 7:08pm

I think it would have been a lot better with just Belle and the Beast.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

ukpuppetboy Profile Photo
ukpuppetboy
#1129Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 7:17pm

example of the animation posters

Am inclined to agree with you gypsy101 - it just looks like an technical exercise in Photoshop without any creative flair or anything coming close to the striking bold beauty of the original animation designs. Or even the musical logo.

That wig tally is too damned high...

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#1130Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 7:37pm

Beauty and the Beast

I actually like the tiny part in the middle with Belle and the shattered window and the objects, wonder what a poster with that as the focus would have looked like.

BarnabyTucker Profile Photo
BarnabyTucker
#1131Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 7:55pm

gypsy101 said: "one of the busiest-looking film posters i've ever seen. why do they need everyone's face on it?? plus why even show the servants in their human form?

"

I feel like we're going to get a couple of flashbacks/moments early in the film where we see their human form, so that we can connect the physical person to the enchanted object. In the original film, everyone was animated, so I feel like you could get away with not showing their human forms until the end, but here I feel like it helps to see their human form so that we can see the human qualities in their enchanted forms. 

Not sure if that makes sense, but just my rambles lol. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#1132Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 9:46pm

i'm watching the Golden Globes and there was just an ad with Emma singing the entire "i want adventure in the great wide somewhere" portion of Belle (Reprise)! it was very exciting.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#1133Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 9:49pm

Emma's tone and power sound better, but the way how she sings the Reprise is kind of odd. She's talking the lyrics?

Updated On: 1/8/17 at 09:49 PM

JennH
#1134Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 10:31pm

That was RIDDLED with so much reverb and auto tune it hurts...seriously, do people just not hear correctly anymore? Please forgive the frankness but this ridiculous. I love Emma, but singer she is NOT. Ahe was halfway speak singing Something There as well. And I still come across some who want to hear her do Home and/or Change in Me just because....lawd help me NO. At least the vast majority of this cast are known singers or have proven their ability. 

I'm truly beginning to mourn when movie musicals had casts that could sing as well as dance when needed. 

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#1135Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 10:47pm

I don't like it, it bugs me. Her voice is shaky as hell and weak.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#1136Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 11:01pm

Between Emma's autotune, Ewan's french? accent, and that terrible CGI beast face - I'm done. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#1137Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 11:07pm

^THIS

No matter if the live action of BATB sucks or not, the only thing that matters that that we have Josh Gad as Lefou, Emma Thompson as Mrs. Potts, and Audra ****ing McDonald  

Updated On: 1/8/17 at 11:07 PM

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1138Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 11:20pm

"I'm truly beginning to mourn when movie musicals had casts that could sing as well as dance when needed."

I mean... a lot of those cast members from movie musicals back in the day were dubbed, so... at least Emma was trying. If she can act the song, that's what matters to me if she doesn't have a "big Broadway voice". But that's just my opinion.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#1139Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 11:20pm

JennH said: "I'm truly beginning to mourn when movie musicals had casts that could sing as well as dance when needed. "

usually back in the day they had people dub the singing actually 

Hairspray0901
#1140Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 11:40pm

I was 100% all for Emma Watson as Belle (I adore her as an actress) UNTIL I heard that clip of her "singing" tonight. Seemed SO auto-tuned / enhanced. 

rattleNwoolypenguin
#1141Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 11:47pm

I think what's saddest is you know Disney wants a perfect sound and so they've auto tuned her past pitch correction and it just doesn't sound like a natural voice at all. I mean why not change the key even? Maybe she sounds better lower perhaps?

bwayobsessed
#1142Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/8/17 at 11:51pm

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#1143Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 12:13am

In her defense Paige O'Hara practically speaks those last few words too. I'm less disturbed about the autotune or her singing style and more about the crazy weird mood they went for in this ad. Is it a romance about the beauty within or a horror movie.

Also the boring looking shot of Belle actually singing the number. That song in the animated movie is so exhilarating with the sunset and the angles and that big field she runs into. I guess they could have had that kind of exciting shot before that one but i don't know.

Updated On: 1/9/17 at 12:13 AM

Joviedamian
#1144Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 12:20am

Reminds me of the Les Miserables poster!

https://goo.gl/images/GvQ9Tv

Beauty and the Beast

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#1145Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 12:21am

Sad to say that new trailer lost me too. The whole thing looks overproduced, over CGI'd and tacky. And Ms. Watson, bless her, even with that painful autotuning doesn't sound good. I don't think any big star today would allow themselves to be dubbed in a movie musical (the exception of course, being Minnie Driver  in The Phantom of the Opera, since it was obvious they weren't ever going to find a true movie star who could sing that role) but the studios would never would have allowed Watson's level of singing to be permitted in the musicals of yesteryear, and I do think its a shame that is is now not only acceptable, but the standard in movie musicals today.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”
Updated On: 1/9/17 at 12:21 AM

broadwayboy223
#1146Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 12:42am

Her singing is AWFUL. No wonder they cut all of Belle's solos. I understand they needed her star power but there are female stars who CAN sing. I'm not sure what they were going for here. 

KirbyCat2 Profile Photo
KirbyCat2
#1147Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 12:55am

Keep in mind that these are her isolated vocals without the final orchestra track. It was edited to fit into a 30 second clip with cheesy trailer orchestrations. I had a feeling they'd debut some singing during the Globes tonight, but I wish it was a fully realized version from the final film.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#1148Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 12:56am

Given the popularity of the brand, I'm a little surprised they actually thought they needed her star power.

Kirby -- that is hardly going to make much difference, unless they decide on an orchestra track to drown out that voice completely.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”
Updated On: 1/9/17 at 12:56 AM

bear88
#1149Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 1/9/17 at 1:20am

I saw previews of this movie over the weekend. And while I like Emma Watson just fine as an actress, watching that preview just depressed me. There is no reason for this movie to exist. My daughter agreed, but said Watson seemed well cast. My response: "Can she sing?"

Seeing it made me want to see the original version. Seems like a big waste of everyone's time, even if they presumably can make money on it. 

Videos