News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread- Page 29

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#700Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/29/15 at 7:56am

Tim! Our hero! I'm the woman who was sitting right in front of you and turned around and said well done. Did you have that rose ready knowing that he might call you up? You were the perfect last Grindr person.

"If this is the memory of live theatre that I keep at the forefront of my brain and heart for the rest of my entire life, I will be happy."

Couldn't have said it better, Crateful. I was at his first night, which was exciting and magical and such a celebration- Sunday night put it to shame. I was dreading the end of his run but that last show was so joyous that I haven't been able to feel sad about his departure.

We're all so lucky to have seen him do this again. I'll be paying down this credit card for a while, but it was worth every penny.

mariel9 Profile Photo
mariel9
#701Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/29/15 at 10:45am

"It was probably the best night of my life. The room was so full of love and positivity."

This probably sounds like hyperbole to someone who wasn't there, but it's so so true. JCM's Hedwig is the funniest, most heartbreaking, most beautiful cathartic performance I've ever seen. He's given us so much and bared his soul on stage, and Sunday we did our best to give all that love back to him. It was overwhelming and joyous and cleansing and bittersweet.

(Tim, you were awesome and JCM with you was awesome. When he threw the rose over his shoulder and said, what was it--I'm still going to **** you--oh my god.)

timisimaginary
#702Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/29/15 at 11:57am

"Tim! Our hero! I'm the woman who was sitting right in front of you and turned around and said well done. Did you have that rose ready knowing that he might call you up? You were the perfect last Grindr person. 

Hello again! when i realized i was going to be in the "Grindr Zone" for the last show, i felt like i had to do something special in case i was lucky enough to be picked. i was inspired by the people at Lena's last show who handed her the roses as she walked up the aisle during Midnight Radio, so i thought a single glittery rose would be the way to go. which i fully expected hedwig to toss away Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

(Tim, you were awesome and JCM with you was awesome. When he threw the rose over his shoulder and said, what was it--I'm still going to **** you--oh my god.)

"I'm going to f*** you anyway." words that will be seared into my memory forever.

and i can tell you... if sure felt like more than an inch to me.

FindingNamo
#703Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/29/15 at 12:03pm

It definitely feels like nobody is feeling her or her performance. Even the dressed-up Hedheads were like, "Can this basic please move on so we can get to JCM?

I liked her and her performance.  What you imagined other people were thinking is only in your head.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#704Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 5/25/15 at 7:34pm

This is for you, Jane.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#705Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 5/25/15 at 7:50pm

wow, that is a major gift! The original cast, and Stephen and the gang! And that was when JCM could reach all the high notes which are now lowered!! I don't know where you found that video. The one going around on fb is the new one, not as good.

Thank you, Pal Joey.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#706Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 5/25/15 at 8:05pm

I enjoyed it too! John looks great with healthy knee cartilage! Good on Rosie to highlight talent like that. I didn't notice John's voice being appreciably higher then, but Jane2, you certainly know more than I do! I am very glad to have seen John twice on Broadway, including his first time out. An amazing experience.

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
#707Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 5/25/15 at 8:36pm

Jane, Could you post a link to the new video going around on fb, please?

I remember that performance on Rosie.  I was supposed to go to my philosophy of education class, but was going to skip so I could record the performance.  Priorities! This was before we had a DVR.  Anyway, it started snowing and class was canceled. Woo-hoo.  I taped it and probably watched it a hundred times that night.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#708Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 5/25/15 at 9:09pm

This is 2015 JCM performing Origin of Love alongside 1999 JCM and it just about broke me.

http://youtu.be/SiRQnrxcj8Y

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
#709Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 5/25/15 at 10:07pm

"This is 2015 JCM performing Origin of Love alongside 1999 JCM and it just about broke me.

http://youtu.be/SiRQnrxcj8Y"

Thanks so much!  Off to watch. 

Updated On: 5/25/15 at 10:07 PM

Videos