News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread- Page 27

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

FindingNamo
#650Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/11/15 at 3:36pm

completely agree.  At the time I remember thinking during the transformation I was watching the monster from Alien. A monster that will pick up the mic and break your heart into countless little pieces.

He was genius.  And therefore listed in the Playbill as the star of Hurt Locker: The Musical.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#651Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/11/15 at 3:49pm

YES, he looked like an alien. And that was the first time I had ever seen M. Cerveris so I was in total shock and awe. I will let you know if I can find my tape of him as Hedwig. I may  have thrown it out. I'm dying to see him do that transformation.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#652Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/11/15 at 3:51pm

I'd love to see that tape, Jane! The first time I ever saw Michael Cerveris live was in Sweeney, so it's always been hard to picture him in something as different as Hedwig, but I can't imagine his performance was anything less than great. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

FindingNamo
#653Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/11/15 at 3:53pm

I recall that the mic wire was taped to his back with strips every couple of inches along his spine.  It really looked like an exo-skeleton.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#654Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/11/15 at 4:00pm

^ yes, that! check your pjs

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

BenjaminNicholas2 Profile Photo
BenjaminNicholas2
#655Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/11/15 at 4:51pm

He looked like a lot of fun :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV2hZO0qZVI

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
#656Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/12/15 at 10:56am

"YES, he looked like an alien. And that was the first time I had ever seen M. Cerveris so I was in total shock and awe. I will let you know if I can find my tape of him as Hedwig. I may  have thrown it out. I'm dying to see him do that transformation."

Michael Cerveris is my favorite Broadway actor/singer.  I think he has the best voice and I find him super cute.   And he loves dogs.  OK, I have an MC crush... I just think JCM is Hedwig.  Anyway, Michael Cerveris did seem alien during his transformation... That bald head, the way he contorted his body.  It was all other worldly.

He is my 2nd fav Hedwig.  It's hard to say he's my 2nd fav of anything.  I love him.

There was one tiny thing I always liked that MC did.  It was the line in "Midnight Radio".  "Here's to Patti and Tina, Yoko, Aretha, Nona, Nico and ME."  He just belts out "ME" with such authority and confidence.  Just owning it.  I always liked that.  

I am going to the Fun Home matinee on Wednesday. I am so excited.  And since I'll be in the city, I picked up a couple tix to Hedwig.  (Have to see JCM one more time before he leaves)  I'm a little worried though.  I picked up the Hedwig tix on TDF.  My money's a little tight right now.  Has anyone gotten tix for Hedwig from TDF?  Were they any good?  I've never used TDF before because I like to pick my seats.  I figured I'd give it a shot.

RussT2
#657Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/13/15 at 3:52pm

JCM posing in front of a print of one of my Hedwig illustrations last night before a performance. A friend from the show took the pic. Made my night!!!!!

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

Updated On: 4/13/15 at 03:52 PM

FindingNamo
#658Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/13/15 at 3:57pm

That is absolutely gorgeous.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#659Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:27pm

That's incredible! Both he and your illustration look beautiful. I'm FINALLY getting my chance to see John this weekend, and I'm ecstatic. 

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#660Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:32pm

Seeing JCM this weekend for what will be my seventh time at Hedwig ... I don't want him to leave and never want this show to close!!!!! I haven't bought my tickets to see Darren Criss yet but I will definitely do that as soon as I get home on Saturday... My husband doesn't know it yet though Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

Listening to Midnight Radio right now...I could cry thinking about JCM leaving... Ugh...

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#661Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:47pm

Glittr,

We got our tickets through TDF. My friend had a choice mezz or balcony, went with balcony which was cheaper. Last row balcony, crappy bad. Go with mezz if you get a choice.

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#662Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/13/15 at 7:36pm

Anyone know what happened...?

https://instagram.com/p/1Zs5WoPO3b/?taken-by=lenarockerhall

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#663Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/13/15 at 7:39pm

anyone see the show this past week with Shannon Conley as Yitzhak??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

mariel9 Profile Photo
mariel9
#664Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/13/15 at 7:45pm

Lena made some pretty ugly comments about a young fan dressed as Yitzhak at her last show. This was a fan she'd interacted with before and she actually says in the interview that she knew the fan. I appreciate that she apologized, but it was a pretty crappy thing to do. She knew the fan, and she knew (or should've known) she'd listen to the interview.

http://masterofpossimpible.tumblr.com/post/116330993355/lena-halls-interview-on-siriusxm-radio

I haven't listened to the interview but she apparently also called the audience member who was called up for the grindr bit stupid. That part isn't included in the partial transcript above.

Glittergrrl
#665Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/13/15 at 7:57pm

"Glittr,
We got our tickets through TDF. My friend had a choice mezz or balcony, went with balcony which was cheaper. Last row balcony, crappy bad. Go with mezz if you get a choice.

Thanks Sally.  I figure bad seats Hedwig is better than no Hedwig at all.  

Glittergrrl
#666Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/13/15 at 8:00pm

"JCM posing in front of a print of one of my Hedwig illustrations last night before a performance. A friend from the show took the pic. Made my night!!!!!

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread"

Wow. What an amazing piece of artwork! You are so talented. Seeing JCM beside it makes me ache.  That is so awesome.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#667Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/14/15 at 8:23am

Russ I just saw that picture floating around Twitter and was coming over here to post it. It's stunning! How wonderful to have a photo of your gorgeous illustration with JCM in full regalia. Would you ever consider selling prints of the drawing?

And yeah the Lena thing was not cool. She mocked a 19 year old kid and called another fan "stupid" for bring his drink up when JCM called him up on stage. Sorry, but if John called me up on stage in front of 1000 people I might do something stupid like forget to put down my drink. 

I get that fans can be weird and scary, but vent to your friends, not in a radio interview. Disappointing.

timisimaginary
#668Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/14/15 at 9:59am

from having seen her at the stage door after the show a couple times, and reading her interviews and seeing her speeches, two things i think i can say about lena hall are 1) i don't think she has an intentionally mean bone in her body, and 2) she has no filter, and often seems to speak before she thinks. that is part of her endearing charm, but it can also get you in trouble sometimes. some of the things she said were thoughtless and hurtful, and i can understand the fan for being hurt by it, but i don't think she meant to be insulting or even realized it at the time. framed a different way, some of her comments could even be seen as a compliment ("her yitzhak costume was so good it made me angry and helped fuel my performance") but i think the way she said it that it came off more hurtful and can't blame anyone for taking it that way, and the "flailing about like a girl" comment was a bit much. i hope she contacts the fan personally to make it up to her, if she's the kind of person she seems to be i think she will.

Glittergrrl
#669Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/19/15 at 7:19pm

I went to the show last Wednesday night.  I had to see JCM one last time and it's still not enough.  I need to go back.  Maybe...

Anyway, I got my tix from TDF (my first time ever) and they were so good!  3rd row dead center mezzanine.  I've only seen the show from the orchestra, but this was a perfect view.  It feels louder and more immersive in the orchestra, but I can't complain, I only spent $39 for each ticket.  Huzzah!

I knew he'd be in the leg brace, but I was still shocked when I first saw him.  I think it makes Hedwig more endearing.  JCM did a great job working the injury and the crate into the show.  I'm such a sucker for puns, so I loved it.  The crate white way. Zing!

The show goes too fast.  I blink and it's over.  I miss her already.   

Who's going the last weekend?

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#670Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/20/15 at 4:24pm

All this talk of Michael Cerveris as Hedwig.. I would love a way to hear his performance... if anyone has a way to do that.  Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

Broadway World's Fireman.

RussT2
#671Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/21/15 at 2:44pm

My bf and I are going to JCM's last performance. The official Hedwig Instagram and Facebook has been posting my artwork for the last 2 days.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#672Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/21/15 at 3:15pm

I saw that! Well deserved, Russ! I'll be there on Sunday, too. So not ready for him to leave but so grateful he came back at all.

i responded to your PM. Did you receive?

AaronRichert Profile Photo
AaronRichert
#673Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 4/21/15 at 3:45pm

Just so y'all know, there's a buzzfeed article about Hedwig right now that just got posted, but it's pretty good. Check it out here

Updated On: 4/21/15 at 03:45 PM

paphillyguy
#6748 pm show 4/22/15
Posted: 4/22/15 at 9:02am

I attended the show last night. I have seen NPH MCH and I saw JMC first kneecap show. I also saw John at the Jane Theater way back when. I was so in awe of JCM performance in the kneecap show that I wanted to see him one more time before he left. I also wanted to see him more mobile. My over all thought is that JCM is still Hedwig but I thought his over all performance was better in the kneecap show. I felt his singing at times was a bit off and seemed a bit forced. But his acting and ad libs were spot on. He was very mobile. Overall he was very good but not great.

The biggest disappointment of the night was that Lena Hall was not there. I did not like Rebecca Naomi Jones' Yizhak. It made me realize what an amazing performance Lena was giving. I did not feel that Rebecca had that great of a stage presence. I felt I was watching a women dressed as a man the whole time.

Don't get me wrong I really do love this show and if I had never saw this show before I would probably be raving about how great it was. It was very good but not just as amazing as I know it could be.

Videos