News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Pippin Tour?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#350Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/21/15 at 10:27pm

maybe Sasha is on vacation this week?? Or maybe you mean Sabrina Harper?? Harper's been temp. replaced by Molly Tynes.

EDIT: Sasha's in the show according to her twitter & instagrams.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
Updated On: 1/21/15 at 10:27 PM

Markecib
#351Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/21/15 at 10:44pm

I saw this last night. The tour is in good hands. Priscilla came in early on a verse in "No Time at All," but that's really it for any flubs. I liked the cast. I found some of Sasha's phrasing choices odd in Magic to Do, but by the end I was sold. Sam is an excellent Pippin he, Molly was great and why hasn't talked about Kristine Reese as Catherine? She was wonderful!

This is an excellent tour and brought back memories when I saw it in NY. I might go back and see it again this weekend.

broadwayfan1995
#352Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/22/15 at 12:02am

Saw the show last night and again tonight. Really great company.. everyone was fantastic. I think the highlight of the show and definitely one of the strongest cast members was Kristine Reese as Catherine. She's hysterical, beautiful, believable and has such a pretty voice. The chemistry that she has with Sam Lips is remarkable. It's really sweet and charming to see the two of them work together. Both of her songs were some of the standouts of the show, especially Ordinary Kind of Woman. Her voice fills the theatre and sends chills throughout you.

Priscilla Lopez was also really great. She works well with the entire cast and the audience really was eating up her trapeze act. The main problem of the show for me was some of Sasha Allen's performance. Her phrasing was weird at times and her dancing was not as tight as it should have been. Other than that, the tour is in great hands. I highly recommend checking it out when it comes near you.

Jace2017
#353Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/22/15 at 8:53pm

I saw the show on its opening night in Pittsburgh on Tuesday and I agree Katherine Reese was a definite standout. Her timing was perfect and her voice was crystal clear. Sam Lips was a sweat Pippin he had a beautiful voice and he was rather funny. The audience loved Priscilla Lopez with her trapeze bit. I do think it would have been more effective if she was a little more well known though. Molly Tynes was beautiful as Fastrada. I might have even liked her dancing more than Charlotte's... Sasha Allen was, in my opinion, the weakest link in the cast.She Over sung the score and didn't fit with the rest of the performers.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#354Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/23/15 at 12:17am

I saw it tonight and absolutely loved it! Boy this production is insanely good. I'm walked out of the theater just beaming.

I do agree Sasha's excessive riffing took me out of it sometimes, but the rest of the cast was perfect. I have no Broadway members to compare them to but I though they were all wonderful!

My whole section was buzzing about Priscilla the whole time so I'd hardly say she's unknown (though obviously less known than Lucie Arnaz).

Also the woman behind me kept going on about how she was in love with John Rubenstein from back when he played Pippin, which I thought was hilarious!

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

broadwayfan1995
#355Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/23/15 at 3:35pm

^^Were there any understudies on last night?

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#356Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/23/15 at 3:44pm

Nope there weren't.

isaac.evans
#357Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/23/15 at 4:08pm

Actually, Bradley was on for Catherine. Kristine Reese is out sick.

BroadwayCrowdsourced - The New Rush Report: www.broadwaycrowdsourced.wordpress.com

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#358Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/23/15 at 4:18pm

Oh yeah, my bad!

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#359Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/23/15 at 4:22pm

I'm trying to decide whether or not to see this over the weekend. Among Schwartz shows, PIPPIN is my second favorite, but I wasn't wild about this revival.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

broadwayfan1995
#360Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/23/15 at 8:27pm

Sasha's out tonight. Lisa is on for her.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#361Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/23/15 at 11:12pm

Sasha seems to miss at least one performance every week, if not two. Kudos to Lisa for being able to go on so many times as the LP. I also wonder if Sasha only has a 6 month contract. Maybe Carly Hughes joins as the LP once she's done with Chicago??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#362Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/24/15 at 1:17pm

I'm at the matinee performance in Pittsburgh and Lisa Karlin is on as Leading Player, along with Tory Trowbridge as Catherine.

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

broadwayfan1995
#363Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/25/15 at 1:36pm

Bradley Benjamin is on as Catherine for the matinee today, 1/25/15.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#364Pippin Tour?
Posted: 2/1/15 at 3:25pm

Quite a few different versions and cast configurations popping up on the internet. But no Lucie. Just found that interesting.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#365Pippin Tour?
Posted: 2/1/15 at 3:42pm

Huh?

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#366Pippin Tour?
Posted: 2/1/15 at 4:52pm

youtube

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#367Pippin Tour?
Posted: 2/4/15 at 1:14pm

I think Sasha Allen leaves in two weeks? her instagram seems to have hinted at it.

trpguyy
#368Pippin Tour?
Posted: 2/4/15 at 3:08pm

^ no

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#369Pippin Tour?
Posted: 2/4/15 at 3:22pm

SmokeyLady can we at least see the photo(s)

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#370Pippin Tour?
Posted: 2/4/15 at 3:58pm

I would be happy to do that but I don't know how.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#371Pippin Tour?
Posted: 2/4/15 at 4:41pm

go into instagram online and copy the link

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#372Pippin Tour?
Posted: 2/4/15 at 4:44pm

Ethan, why don't you just follow her on instagram?

Smokey, I took from the picture that she was just over the snow.

After this engagement it looks like they start playing a few days here and there as opposed to sit-downs. My uninformed guess would be that there would be contract and cast changes for this.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#373Pippin Tour?
Posted: 2/4/15 at 4:50pm

I just started following her.

trpguyy
#374Pippin Tour?
Posted: 2/4/15 at 7:45pm

The Pippin tour has had, and will have, primarily one-week sits, and nothing shorter. It's actually a requirement of the SETA contract that more than 50% of the engagements be one week or less. There are no contract changes. As for cast turnover, everyone has their own reason to leave a gig, but my understanding is that these principals (save for the temporary/emergency replacements) are locked in to their contracts.

Videos