News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Pippin Tour?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#325Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 11:51pm

also, according to Twitter, Molly Tynes is joining the tour temporary as Fastrada. Anyone know if Sabrina Harper is injured??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#326Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/15/15 at 8:54am

"also, according to Twitter, Molly Tynes is joining the tour temporary as Fastrada. Anyone know if Sabrina Harper is injured??"

Direct link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/pippinfans/status/555203806066393088

My current emotional state:

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#327Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/15/15 at 10:23am

Harper's been out since Dec. 28, hence why I was asking if she's injured.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

neonlightsxo
#328Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/15/15 at 11:55am

so did they hire anyone to replace Kyle Dean? Or is he just staying on?

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#329Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/15/15 at 3:31pm

^ It's Sam Lips.

hockeynut2
neonlightsxo
#331Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/16/15 at 10:33am

Thanks.

hockeynut2
#332Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/16/15 at 12:12pm

You are welcome. Glad you enjoyed the interviews We had a blast doing them. J

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#333Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 2:12pm

The tour opens in Pittsburgh tomorrow, does anyone have any idea who's actually in it?? I'm seeing it Thursday and I don't really care who's in it but it would be nice to at least know since it seems it's very much in flux.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

broadwayfan1995
#334Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 3:35pm

The only principles not consistent with the opening night credits at the moment are
Sam Lips as Pippin, Priscilla Lopez as Berthe, and Molly Tynes as Fastrada who is temporarily filling in for Sabrina Harper.

Sam and Priscilla start tomorrow night and Molly has been with the touring company for a little under a week now.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#335Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 3:41pm

Thank you so much. I'm pretty excited to see Priscilla!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#336Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 8:46pm

"The only principles not consistent with the opening night credits at the moment are.... "

So.. that is MOST of the principles..... and a few of the acrobats are also gone.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#337Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 8:56pm

I saw the tour already but I'd be so mad if the cast changed THIS much. Bad enough you're not seeing the original tour cast.

Not seeing the original tour cast for Phantom when it comes to L.A. in june. I guess it's fine..

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#338Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 8:58pm

Why, though, JoseLee_? In my experience, replacements are more than capable of delivering performances that match or even better their predecessors'.

Updated On: 1/19/15 at 08:58 PM

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#339Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 9:23pm

Honestly it works for me because I care much more about seeing Priscilla Lopez than Lucie Arnaz. And the rest of the cast I really couldn't care less about. I'm sure they're all brilliant performers and will turn in wonderful performances so what's the difference.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#340Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 9:29pm

There is a difference. For one , as some posters have already mentioned some of the stops have had advertisements with Lucies image. Kyle was also a pretty spectacular Pippin. And Priscilla was my least favorite Bertha of them all. (That is not to say she is not ok in the role). And Priscilla to most people is not a name. There is something really warm about having a recognizable name in that part and in that section of the show. Without a name that roles "tricks" are not as well received because the audience is not rooting for her. Anyway.. that was my experience. I do hope you all enjoy the show.

I am sure it will still be a great show. Just pointing out what the difference is.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 1/19/15 at 09:29 PM

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#341Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 9:51pm

I'm sure it doesn't matter who you see BUT it is always nice when all us theatre geeks can talk about seeing the same actors.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#342Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 10:04pm

Priscilla is amazing as Bertha, but I do agree that not as many people recognize her.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#343Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/20/15 at 4:52pm

Opening night at the Pantages in LA was electric. With Andrea Martin and Matt Thomas.

Just a month or so later, it was Lucie Arnaz and Kyle Massy. Still very good, but not close to LA. It's too bad the originals couldn't stay for the whole tour...

trpguyy
#344Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/20/15 at 5:09pm

Matthew James Thomas and Andrea Martin were both temporary replacements, not original tour cast.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#345Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/20/15 at 5:21pm

Matthew James Thomas did play pippin first so he's basically the original tour cast

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#346Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/21/15 at 6:36pm

I had a video on here that was shared by a cast member and seems authorized. But since the poster below me seems to be having a beef with it.. I am taking it down.

Updated On: 1/21/15 at 06:36 PM

trpguyy
#347Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/21/15 at 7:47pm

^ why is there a bootleg video of the original Broadway cast in the thread about the tour?

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#348Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/21/15 at 10:19pm

Fame is absolutely right. The energy changes without a known Berthe. Lucie was spectacular and it's sad she left the tour. The audience adored her. It was a treat to see her and Kyle. Kyle is an incredible lead. Having this huge show losing much of it's pedigree does take away some of it's energy. Also Sasha hasn't been on in some time. For all we know maybe she is replaced. She wasn't in the Rochester playbill.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#349Pippin Tour?
Posted: 1/21/15 at 10:25pm

Has anyone seen it in Pittsburgh yet?

Videos