News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Rocky Horror 2025 Revival

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#25Rocky Horror 2025 Revival
Posted: 10/16/24 at 2:04pm

everythingtaboo said: "Can't imagine a scenario where A Wonderful World makes it anywhere past the spring."

It’ll be gone by Christmas 2024.  

witchoftheeast2
#26Rocky Horror 2025 Revival
Posted: 10/16/24 at 4:54pm

KitKatBoy24 said: "Okay so who would be our dream cast?"

Lorna Courtney as Janet?

Idk. That was the first name that came to me. 

Anyone else?

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
#27Rocky Horror 2025 Revival
Posted: 10/16/24 at 5:05pm

Billy Porter as Frank N Furter

Amber Gray as Magenta

Leslie Margarita as Columbia

Adam Lambert as Riff Raff

"In here, life is beautiful"

JSquared2
#28Rocky Horror 2025 Revival
Posted: 10/16/24 at 5:22pm

Sydney James Harcourt has GOT to be Frank N Furter.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#29Rocky Horror 2025 Revival
Posted: 10/16/24 at 6:33pm

ACL2006 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "quizking101 said: "Side note: I’m surprised to hear this rumor and not one about a 50th anniversary revival of A CHORUS LINE"

Still happening, so I hear.
"

Yep. Summer 2025. Likely a 6 month run.
"

Would this be a replica of the Bennett production overseen by Baayork Lee and John Breglio, or a truly new take on the material?

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#30Rocky Horror 2025 Revival
Posted: 10/16/24 at 6:38pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "ACL2006 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "quizking101 said: "Side note: I’m surprised to hear this rumor and not one about a 50th anniversary revival of A CHORUS LINE"

Still happening, so I hear.
"

Yep. Summer 2025. Likely a 6 month run.
"

Would this be a replica of the Bennett production overseen by Baayork Lee and John Breglio, or a truly new take on the material?
"

This ACL stuff probably belongs on a separate thread, but in answer to your question, Sonia Friedman is involved as a producer, so I would imagine she would want something new. Of course, Breglio had insisted on replica productions in the past, so it’s anyone’s guess what this revival will look like. 

LeftofLinus
#31Rocky Horror 2025 Revival
Posted: 10/16/24 at 8:06pm

darquegk said: "I love Hunter Foster’s production at Bucks County: neither a wild out of the box take nor a faithful recreation of any of the past versions. Just a wild parade of numbers and gags both timely and classic."

Did we see the same show? Hunter's version was one of the worst things I ever saw. I didn't know Rocky could be so unsexy or unfunny. There is more to the show than just making fisting and jerk-off motions and wearing Amazon costumes.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#32Rocky Horror 2025 Revival
Posted: 10/16/24 at 8:17pm

Which year did you see?

Menken Fan Profile Photo
Menken Fan
#33Rocky Horror 2025 Revival
Posted: 10/16/24 at 9:34pm

LeftofLinus said: "darquegk said: "I love Hunter Foster’s production at Bucks County: neither a wild out of the box take nor a faithful recreation of any of the past versions. Just a wild parade of numbers and gags both timely and classic."

Did we see the same show?Hunter's version was one of the worst things I ever saw. I didn't know Rocky could be so unsexy orunfunny. There is more to the show than just making fisting and jerk-off motions and wearing Amazon costumes.
"

Yes. No humor at all in the Hunter production. The costumes were awful. Rocky’s wig was Party City. When Brad and Janet ran into the Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters during “There’s a Light,” it lost me. I saw Kevin Cahoon as Frank, and he alone was an isolated bright spot. 

Updated On: 10/16/24 at 09:34 PM

Videos