News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9- Page 2

Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#25re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 6:14pm

Maybe Stacie's first performance was on yesterday. Not sure.

What I wanna know is: Who plays Elphaba this week if Saycon gets sick or falls through any trap doors? Kristy's in Toronto.

jjdude2000
#26re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 6:15pm

Well, on her journal, Shoshana said she'd probably be back tomorrow, so I dont think we'll need to worry about that re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9

Grace: I just gave a quarter to a homeless man. I think it was Johnny Depp.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#28re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 6:25pm

Joshua488, it isn't so much trouble as standbys/understudies going on. It's that Stephanie's hurt, and Shoshana and JLT are sick. And I know it's kind of dumb, but it's odd how it was the 8th of the month yesterday, and Idina was hurt on the 8th.

I love understudies, but I like when the show is normal, and everybody's doing good :).

Joshua488
#29re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 6:37pm

I see what you mean, popular_elphie.

Yes, Saycon is the first black woman to play Elphaba. We don't know what she looks like in green, though; no pictures have been released as of yet.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#30re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 7:05pm

re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9

Updated On: 3/9/05 at 07:05 PM

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#31re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 7:06pm

She looks so pretty!!!! I love her smile! But that looks like JLT..I thought her standby was on too. Maybe I'm just seeing things.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#32re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 7:08pm

It is JLT. :)

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#33re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 7:08pm

She looks pretty! I hope someone posts a review soon.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#34re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 7:09pm

she looks good, david on the other hand looks rather feminine...and the boq hat bugs me

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Joshua488
#35re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 7:13pm

Ooh, I love it!!!

I like how they obviously changed the green makeup to suit her skin color more... I was afraid that they'd put a white foundation and then green on top of it and she would end up looking neon green like Shoshana used to. Updated On: 3/9/05 at 07:13 PM

WhiteRabbit Profile Photo
WhiteRabbit
#36re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 7:13pm

She looks great as Elphaba... and what's up with the Boq hat anyway, I find it so annoying. Yay for Saycon!

I most definitely have issues with my word choices on this board.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#37re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 7:23pm

WEll, I hadn't noticed the Boq hat, and I wa shappy that way. It's very annoying.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#38re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 7:34pm

as i recall the boq hat covers up jeffrey kuhn's bald spot

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Swiftynifty15
#39re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 7:44pm

Strange question but how is her melting scream? lol

wicked4life51 Profile Photo
wicked4life51
#40re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 8:02pm

saycon looks feirce as hell and she looks greta, i see kris cusick in the backround so yeah, oh i cant wait till an audio or something comes out

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#41re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 8:51pm

I agree...her makeup looks great. I figured they would use a different shade or something to suit her..but it looks good. David DOES look feminine but unfortunately we do have one thing in common. (Not looking feminine in scarecrew costumes)...being in love w/ Angela Gaylor.

jjdude2000
#42re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 9:18pm

I can't see the picture!! Nooo!!

#43re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 9:24pm

i cant see the pic either, photobucket says the page cannot be found, maybe it was removed.

Blue J
#44re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 9:30pm

Hmm...I see the pic. She looks gorgeous!

jjdude2000
#45re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 9:32pm

Noww I see thank you!!

commasplice
#46re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 9:33pm

Nevermind; was posting an alt. link to the picture, but since it's up, don't need it. Updated On: 3/9/05 at 09:33 PM

broadway... <3
#47re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 9:41pm

there is a review on the shoshana site. Oh and it wasn't a recording of Saycon "melting", they used Shoshana's.

Up In Won
#48re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 9:48pm

You know what's interesting, I said awhile ago that Heather Headly would be really interesting to see as Elphie, and now they have another Aida in the role... So, it could happen. Hm.

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

Joshua488
#49re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 9:56pm

Be warned... The review of Saycon on Shoshana's website is obviously written by a Shoshana fanatic, so everything is compared to Shoshana. Rather than it being a review of Saycon, it is more of a "Shoshana vs. Saycon" rant. The author doesn't seem to understand that Saycon has different acting choices than Shoshana, so the author automatically writes off all of the differences as 'wrong'.

Just my opinion. re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9 Updated On: 3/9/05 at 09:56 PM

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#50re: Saycon on as Elphaba 3/9
Posted: 3/9/05 at 9:57pm

yea i commented there, it was like when Shoshana first went on for Idina.
there's a better picture over there as well.
I say cut her some slack. How long did it take to get Shoshana fans and please the wicked fans? Some still are not pleased. It's going to take a while.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

Videos